3 companions instead of group finder (Optional for players).

Clone_Enforcer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If you want a single-player game, request a single-player version of the game which doesn't require you either activate it or be logged into anyone else's computer.

KOTOR 1 and 2 don't require you to be logged into anything. For your freedom as a player, this is a good thing. On, and they're moddable-which, again, is a good thing if you like to do that kind of thing.

This one... can be modded, but you get banned.

Choice is nice and all, but the point of a multiplayer game is to play with other players.

No. If you want a single-player game, request a single-player version of the game which doesn't require you either activate it or be logged into anyone else's computer.

KOTOR 1 and 2 don't require you to be logged into anything. For your freedom as a player, this is a good thing. On, and they're moddable-which, again, is a good thing if you like to do that kind of thing.

Choice is nice and all, but the point of a multiplayer game is to play with other players.

Yeah...but most players suck so bad they might as well be companions. More choice is never really a bad thing.

You are missing the point. The problem with your 'vision' is that it engages your companions, not you. That's why I mentioned the solo Revan fight. See, in there you almost don't have to do anything to win. Marr, Satele and Theron Shan, Lana, the wookie, Shae Vizla are doing the fight. Try it, you don't have to dps Revan at all to lower his hp. And this is the problem with your approach. The player is not engaged. As soon as you have more than 1 companion beside you, you are not doing the fights. OK, let me be more clear. You are not the deciding factor in the fights. Try to understand it.

This is ridiculous. Forget this.

Forget you too then. :p

3 companions for group flashpoint fine but:

The rewards are not the same as if you have 3 other players. Then it would be fair. To get the same rewards that a group with 3 other players get is not fair. You are not doing a group activity. You are doing a solo activity and therefore the group rewards should not be the same.

But don't forget that this is an RPG as well. This game is an MMORPG. Players can choose whether they want to be with groups or not. The design for "endgame" doesn't really let you do that because it still shows signs on how you need to rely on others in order to get more commendations for gear reasons as well as other rewards. I prefer to do this on my own as an independent player with solo/squad flashpoints.

3 companions for group flashpoint fine but:

The rewards are not the same as if you have 3 other players. Then it would be fair. To get the same rewards that a group with 3 other players get is not fair. You are not doing a group activity. You are doing a solo activity and therefore the group rewards should not be the same.

I understand if you believe a player going solo is going to get 3 to 4 times more the reward than in a group but I don't want this to happen either. What I meant to say is that he or she should still get the exact same reward as they would in a group like getting a level 65 armor part, weapon, implant, relic, etc. But I would also wish they would be able to receive other rewards like at least one exotic crafting material, schematic (if that's what some are getting, I haven't done group finder lately because of my player base reasons), and so on for other reasons too. These other reasons too include crafting armor for other players, like selling them in the galactic trade network, or giving it for free to guild members that need help on their gear (I say this because there's a saying that goes "It is more blessed to give than it is to receive. I understand if some players don't feel like they are gaining anything for doing this but from my experience, I feel like I do and I know it).

It would be nice if Broward/EA can do the same with operations with solo/squad mode, but I know they can't get into that yet until they are able to implement these ideas that I'm offering for flashpoints. But again, I don't want people to think that players doing solo/squad mode are going to get more than a group doing group finder like loot reasons. But I would like it if the designers would make weekly/daily missions for solo/squad flashpoints. :d_smile:

I know they have a solo flashpoint but I want to get the same rewards as players would for doing weekly/daily group finder missions. And, I want to get the same loot rewards as they would such as the exotic crafting material and gear.

EG - I want everything that presently you might have to win a roll to get without having to win any rolls so I can farm solo modes because I am a special snowflake who gets to play a multiplayer game as a single player because bioware always capitulates to these demands in order to try to get some specious benefit by catering to ever more lazy, selfish, entitled, 'casual' (they're not really casual but that's whay they say they are because its less offensive) players.

They've tailored the game to those sorts and nukber of people actually playing are down, cartel market is not making them the money it used to, and it all tracks very nicely with their changes to the game that essentially make this a cell phone game for toddlers who have fun drooling n the screen and mashing it with their hands and making pretty bright lights and noise.

3 comp's and you? Unless you are the tank, comp AI is to dumb to pull this off effectively. They already made comp's immune to many AoE's to spare them from standing in stupidity. On top of this you want all the gear that comes from running and coordinating with other humans? Pft.

No. I think this is a bad idea.

3 comp's and you? Unless you are the tank, comp AI is to dumb to pull this off effectively. They already made comp's immune to many AoE's to spare them from standing in stupidity. On top of this you want all the gear that comes from running and coordinating with other humans? Pft.

Trust me, I leveled up a jugg tank pre 4.0 with 1 DPS comp(waaay before the comp. fiasco) and all I can say is back then 1 dps companion was more than enough to kill everthing. With the current state of the game and overpowered companions imagine 2 dps with you. That wouldn't be fun, that wouldn't be a game where you play. This is what the OP refuse to understand. The game is designed in a way where 1 companion is more than enough to help a player out in his/her adventure. More than 1 and the game plays itself, not the player. This is the reason solo OPS ideas are a joke, a really stupid joke.

And the rewards that the OP wants? Don't get me started on that. Like you said, bad idea.

EG - I want everything that presently you might have to win a roll to get without having to win any rolls so I can farm solo modes because I am a special snowflake who gets to play a multiplayer game as a single player because bioware always capitulates to these demands in order to try to get some specious benefit by catering to ever more lazy, selfish, entitled, 'casual' (they're not really casual but that's whay they say they are because its less offensive) players.

They've tailored the game to those sorts and nukber of people actually playing are down, cartel market is not making them the money it used to, and it all tracks very nicely with their changes to the game that essentially make this a cell phone game for toddlers who have fun drooling n the screen and mashing it with their hands and making pretty bright lights and noise.

I don't consider myself a "Casual Player" if that is what you are trying to implement. Neither hardcore or whatever stereotypical nonsense for gamers like me.

It's not a bad idea, I know they can make this happen if they make adjustments and improvements on the companion's AI. The only question is if they have the time, knowledge, and people that are willing to put effort into this design approach.

Trust me, I leveled up a jugg tank pre 4.0 with 1 DPS comp(waaay before the comp. fiasco) and all I can say is back then 1 dps companion was more than enough to kill everthing. With the current state of the game and overpowered companions imagine 2 dps with you. That wouldn't be fun, that wouldn't be a game where you play. This is what the OP refuse to understand. The game is designed in a way where 1 companion is more than enough to help a player out in his/her adventure. More than 1 and the game plays itself, not the player. This is the reason solo OPS ideas are a joke, a really stupid joke.

And the rewards that the OP wants? Don't get me started on that. Like you said, bad idea.

If this is the case, why don't the designers try to adjust the math on how these things are executed? If they can do that with stats for PVE and PVP reasons, why not for AIs and NPCs? Why don't they adjust it to the point where the player does have to put effort into the squad mode flashpoints without having the 3 companions do all the hard work for him or her without lifting a finger? I'm only recommending this for flashpoints for now. If they can pull it off in the future, why not push it to the next level where they can apply this method in operations? That's what game art and design is about. It's about passing boundaries but also maintaining moderation and balance towards the development of videogames.

It's not a bad idea, I know they can make this happen if they make adjustments and improvements on the companion's AI. The only question is if they have the time, knowledge, and people that are willing to put effort into this design approach.

No it's a bad idea imho. You want the same loot as people that are coordinating. Your 3 comps require much less effort, so why should you get the same gear? In normal group content the drops are fought over by the 4 people. I your group only you get it all. You want them to speed time and energy that could be put toward new items, new missions, new anything, and instead put it toward the comp AI? The same AI that currently isn't even needed in end game or group content?

Do you ever play GSF? People whined here on the forums for ages about how they wanted a better space game. Just improve what was there! And when they made it, they had wasted their time. The devs admitted that even at its peak GSF didn't have the player use to have justified the effort. I fear it the same with this idea. All the effort you are asking for to do this, but how many will honestly use it? Wouldn't the player base (you included) be better of with a new planet? Daily zone? Nearly anything else? - this is my point. Sure, if they have infinite money and time, i'd sign off on this and a million other ideas, but that's not happening. You ask to much for to little. Find a way to make your idea appeal to a larger base and you have a shot.

If this is the case, why don't the designers try to adjust the math on how these things are executed? If they can do that with stats for PVE and PVP reasons, why not for AIs and NPCs? Why don't they adjust it to the point where the player does have to put effort into the squad mode flashpoints without having the 3 companions do all the hard work for him or her without lifting a finger? I'm only recommending this for flashpoints for now. If they can pull it off in the future, why not push it to the next level where they can apply this method in operations? That's what game art and design is about. It's about passing boundaries but also maintaining moderation and balance towards the development of videogames.

Why? If the comps get adjusted(again) to a level where you need more than 1 to progress, you'll get the same outcry that happened not so long ago when the comps get tweaked(aka companion fiasco/companion nerf). Currently you can do most of the solo FPs with 1 companion out. More than enough.

Operations with companions. Again the solo Revan fight at the end of SoR. Basically in that fight you don't have to do anything to win. OK you have those bubble thingies, but apart from that it doesn't matter that you are hitting Revan or not. Just to breake it down: you got 7 NPCs in that fight(your companion included), think your DPS is better than theirs? Think again. The answer is no, you're not out DPSing 7 NPCs. Conclusion: they doing the fight, not you. How fun is that?

I'm confused. What is the point of it when we already have Solo modes for all Flashpoints with heavy story/cutscenes?

He actually answered once honestly. He wants the drops you get in groups as a single player.

EG entitlement nonsense to help destroy the game even more because he doesn't want to play with other players but wants the same rewards.

No it's a bad idea imho. You want the same loot as people that are coordinating. Your 3 comps require much less effort, so why should you get the same gear? In normal group content the drops are fought over by the 4 people. I your group only you get it all. You want them to speed time and energy that could be put toward new items, new missions, new anything, and instead put it toward the comp AI? The same AI that currently isn't even needed in end game or group content?

Do you ever play GSF? People whined here on the forums for ages about how they wanted a better space game. Just improve what was there! And when they made it, they had wasted their time. The devs admitted that even at its peak GSF didn't have the player use to have justified the effort. I fear it the same with this idea. All the effort you are asking for to do this, but how many will honestly use it? Wouldn't the player base (you included) be better of with a new planet? Daily zone? Nearly anything else? - this is my point. Sure, if they have infinite money and time, i'd sign off on this and a million other ideas, but that's not happening. You ask to much for to little. Find a way to make your idea appeal to a larger base and you have a shot.

If companions aren't needed in the game, why are they in it in the first place? Are you saying all of this because you already have your elite/underworld armor that maxed out your stats based on the maximum level? And by the way, GSF is a design focused for PVP, I'm talking about a design based on PVE. And this isn't just about the AI of companions, I'm also talking about the enemy NPCs as well if anyone thinks they are considered too easy or too hard on a certain extent for solo/squad flashpoints. And like I said, I don't like doing group content when it comes to PVE reasons. That's why I'm referring to my suggestion. The idea that people are getting that you have to be in groups to get the best gear and other rewards is unsatisfying to me from my experience. Not everyone I group up with is going to be sympathetic towards my idea of gameplay and I hate grouping up with speedrunners because to me they are not gamers.

Why? If the comps get adjusted(again) to a level where you need more than 1 to progress, you'll get the same outcry that happened not so long ago when the comps get tweaked(aka companion fiasco/companion nerf). Currently you can do most of the solo FPs with 1 companion out. More than enough.

Operations with companions. Again the solo Revan fight at the end of SoR. Basically in that fight you don't have to do anything to win. OK you have those bubble thingies, but apart from that it doesn't matter that you are hitting Revan or not. Just to breake it down: you got 7 NPCs in that fight(your companion included), think your DPS is better than theirs? Think again. The answer is no, you're not out DPSing 7 NPCs. Conclusion: they doing the fight, not you. How fun is that?

When you say solo flashpoints, do you mean solo flashpoints with the combat support droid or the tactical flashpoints? Because solo mode is more than one companion, which includes the combat support droid. I tried doing tactical flashpoints on my own like in hammer station and that mandolorian one and it's not easy (unless players are referring to beating it with elite/underworld armor).

I have not done the shadow of Revan yet since I have this glitch problem whenever I move my mouse cursor over to the right of the mission details and shuts down the game whenever I'm at Rishi, Yavin 4, and the rakghoul event. This prevents me from moving forward of my story arc which I have not done before.

Aren't players the one with more abilities than compared to one companion? And even if we add like 2 more for the flashpoint, how can anyone think this will make them more powerful than the player to the point where he or she doesn't have to lift a finger. If you're referring to NPCs of shadow of Revans that happen to have better abilities like the way the combat support droid or Jakarro does from the other flashpoints, than it's obvious to say that the designers of this game can just tone it down and remove a few abilities that make them "overpowered."

And again, it's about trial and error. It doesn't hurt to at least try.

He actually answered once honestly. He wants the drops you get in groups as a single player.

EG entitlement nonsense to help destroy the game even more because he doesn't want to play with other players but wants the same rewards.

That's just one reason, except for destroying the game part. Why would I want to waste my time destroying this game? I got better things to do that's productive and not a waste of energy. The 3 companion idea is suppose to be fun and optional. I'm not trying to force this down in anyone's throats, unlike the speedrunners that tell me to hit the spacebar during cutscenes and to skip mobs by taking shortcuts and bypassing them. That's so boring. What's the rush? The loot isn't going anywhere.

If companions aren't needed in the game, why are they in it in the first place? Are you saying all of this because you already have your elite/underworld armor that maxed out your stats based on the maximum level? And by the way, GSF is a design focused for PVP, I'm talking about a design based on PVE. And this isn't just about the AI of companions, I'm also talking about the enemy NPCs as well if anyone thinks they are considered too easy or too hard on a certain extent for solo/squad flashpoints. And like I said, I don't like doing group content when it comes to PVE reasons. That's why I'm referring to my suggestion. The idea that people are getting that you have to be in groups to get the best gear and other rewards is unsatisfying to me from my experience. Not everyone I group up with is going to be sympathetic towards my idea of gameplay and I hate grouping up with speedrunners because to me they are not gamers.

Who said companions aren't needed in the game? I don't see that in any of my posts. What does having a choice of comp's have to do with your wish to use them all at once? I have some toons in mostly 224, I have toon's I 174s. The state of my various characters' gearing has nothing to do with how I feel about your gear drops inside your 3 comp dream FP. I was mentioning GSF due to the devs feeling as if it was largely wasted effort for little mass usage. As I said your idea, I fear, will be the same way. I don't know how to make that more clear for you. You are asking for tweaks to the AI of comps and all FP npcs (with possible power level rescaling) just so the few people in this thread can have 3 comps in a FP. As I said before I don't think this will appeal to enough people to justify the effort in programming. Personally I'd rather see them use that time for new worlds/WZs/story then just give use a new way to play old stuff. You don't like to do group stuff, fine. Then do the SOLO stuff, or get good enough to solo harder content by yourself or with a friend. You want the rewards of doing what you don't want to do. I want to be paired without having to work, but it won't happen. The reward of grouped content is because it grouped and its level of difficulty. Your same logic should let non-pvpers have PvP rewards, or pvpers get endgame PvE mounts and such. Not like doing the content (like long it or not) should stand in the way of the rewards right? As for speedrunners not being gamers, well that is definitely your opinion. Some people might think having 3/4ths of your team be AI in a FP isn't gaming either. To each their own. Frankly if you don't like who you are grouping with - then get a new group. I welcome you to the guild I am in on Jung ma. We run op at least bi-weekly, and we are happy to not rush if that isn't your play style. You don't even need to transfer, as I believe you have a lvl 60 token on each server. We can run you though SM Op's even at that lvl. Come try it.