Just cancelled my sub, it feels great

Menetes

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is so pathetic, write a rebuttal to my points instead of some half baked attempt at attacking me.

Get some points first. Aside from the broken event, you're just complaining that they're not pandering to your preferences. This game has always been promoted as having a priority on story. If you didn't know that your pvp addiction was a side dish here, then that's your fault, not biowares. Should've studied your purchase more and made an informed decision instead of walking in half baked.

I cancel my sub and resubscribe quite often. When there is not content its cancelled when there is then I am gonna resubscribe for example tomorrow no sub for me but next month for the next chapter there gonna be.

This is what happens if you take 60 days of free time. Man this job is heaven on earth.

Get some points first. Aside from the broken event, you're just complaining that they're not pandering to your preferences. This game has always been promoted as having a priority on story. If you didn't know that your pvp addiction was a side dish here, then that's your fault, not biowares. Should've studied your purchase more and made an informed decision instead of walking in half baked.

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1003821

I've been here longer than you so I say with all my experience that you are WRONG!!!! PVP IS LIFE!!!!

Creepy.

Get some points first. Aside from the broken event, you're just complaining that they're not pandering to your preferences.

right, so my preference to not be lied to by the CMs is unjust? okey dokey

i could add in my opinions about the quality of the 4.0 story, but why bother its only my opinion. everything else is a matter of fact and on record.

Edited by Menetes

-no new pvp maps in over 2 years

-only 2 operations (that are ranged focused and still buggy), in 2 years

-open world pvp is kill

-broken events

-buffing and nerfing classes that dont need it

-pvp devs clearly dont play pvp alot

-musco lied about never going 14 months without ops

-musco lied about 'better than cross server coming soon' all we got was some vague announcement of an announcement at NYCC

-single player story content where i pay for each part of the story

-obviously everyone should just unsub then resub at the end of the season to get everything. the sub rewards are pathetic

-no communication at all, just vague announcements of announcements as i said before

yeah....nah

Sooo ah yeah ,,, "Can I have your stuff" ????

,,, Hehe if not already asked :D

Whatever you think you just proved, you didn't. So not only have you not made an actual argument against his points, you still are attempting and failing to attack his credibility.

Then why do you have none?

Not my fault that bubble you exist in is a knives only zone. :rolleyes:

Not my fault that bubble you exist in is a knives only zone. :rolleyes:

-i have something like 93% operations achievements

-ive done every flashpoint but dont care about achiev hunting there,

-done all the stories a couple times on various servers

-pvpd in ranked and unranked for about a year and a half

-wasted so much of my time doing dailies

-the only thing i can think of is RP, thats the only thing i havent done or played

i have put alot of time into this game, and im not some casual who has two lvl 65s and thinks im a big shot

You make some good points, but I don't agree with encouraging others to discontinue subbing, it's their choice to make.

Personally, I won't be continuing to sub after this month (want hk-55) due to a conflict of interest involving lv sync, as it's not what I've been subscribing to this game for (not meant to encourage others to unsub or quit subbing).

right, so my preference to not be lied to by the CMs is unjust? okey dokey

i could add in my opinions about the quality of the 4.0 story, but why bother its only my opinion. everything else is a matter of fact and on record.

The community manager can't lie to you about game development. He's a diplomatic mouthpiece between the players & developers. So while you're looking for someone to berate over shattered dreams, it's not him, but one of the hands that moves him. Also, I'll assume from your statement that you're not aware the dev team has went through some layoffs & restructuring. So while the original was no doubt made in good faith, I'll assume you're old enough to understand that things happen and those circumstances are sometimes beyond our control.

Sooo ah yeah ,,, "Can I have your stuff" ????

,,, Hehe if not already asked :D

No one would want his stuff he only been here a short time to be honest. Not like he is a founder. If you read his history which is all of one page you will see complaint after complaint. But hey if he not happy then he can vote with his wallet. The only thing is we won't have to hear him when the sub time runs out since his posting privileges will go with the sub ends.

One less qqer on the forums about no maps no pve no new stuff. Eric has said new maps are coming yet this goes in one ear and out the other. It like people have rose colored glasses and do not see the text posted about the stuff he has been complaining about. They ask us to be patient over the holidays stuff is coming. But every one like a 2 year old kids going not listening just like kids do they plugs ears complain more...

Thats no good suggestion. last time, when all unhappy ppl left the game, the developers went saaaad and unmotivated due to the realisation that their game is nearly dead. u remember ? the game went f2p that time.

what do u think will happen if 30 or 40% of the old loyal subbers leave due to no op content ?

And why not email the company directly. When I am upset about something that is what I do. I was taught that the best solution is deal with the company itself not on the forums when everyone has 3 different opinions depending on their mood.

No one would want his stuff he only been here a short time to be honest. Not like he is a founder. If you read his history which is all of one page you will see complaint after complaint.

One less qqer on the forums about no maps no pve no new stuff. Eric has said new maps are coming yet this goes in one ear and out the other.

1) right because two years of dailies, ops, levelling and questing doesnt build up credits. i have about 45mil on tofn, but i spent alot of it on augmenting 14 chars for pvp

2) complaining about complaining? neat. Why not write a rebuttal on the points?

3) in one ear out the other? the cognitive dissonance is incredible, so when Musco says stuff that proves to be false, im crying, but when he says things you think might be true, which will also be false, its ok?

The community manager can't lie to you about game development. He's a diplomatic mouthpiece between the players & developers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7879116#edit7879116

so him saying something will happen, then it not happening is not lying? neato

yet another announcement of an announcement this year at nycc

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/08/swtor-nycc-cosplay-contest-and-cantina-livestream-coverage/#QA

3) in one ear out the other? the cognitive dissonance is incredible, so when Musco says stuff that proves to be false, im crying, but when he says things you think might be true, which will also be false, its ok?

You do realize Eric is only a community manager. He has no authority on what is brought into the game. He only posts what is approved by the company themselves. When things changed it is not his fault that things got changed. It is the company themselves. He is only the messenger.

You do realize Eric is only a community manager. He has no authority on what is brought into the game. He only posts what is approved by the company themselves. When things changed it is not his fault that things got changed. It is the company themselves. He is only the messenger.

when did i say he had authority? i know the cm is a mouthpiece to put a bow on the turd the devs deliver. This somehow means that he isnt lying? this somehow means that statements can be put out with no thought or updates? this means we can trust the cms future statements?

The community manager can't lie to you about game development. He's a diplomatic mouthpiece between the players & developers. So while you're looking for someone to berate over shattered dreams, it's not him, but one of the hands that moves him.

So it wasn't Eric that lied to me, it was one of his bosses. That makes me feel better.

Also, I'll assume from your statement that you're not aware the dev team has went through some layoffs & restructuring. So while the original was no doubt made in good faith, I'll assume you're old enough to understand that things happen and those circumstances are sometimes beyond our control.

Circumstances changing doesn't change the fact that they made that comment and failed to deliver. People have a right to be upset that content Eric said that he doesn't want us to ever wait over a year for again, will now probably take 2 years before we get any more, if ever.

when did i say he had authority? i know the cm is a mouthpiece to put a bow on the turd the devs deliver. This somehow means that he isnt lying? this somehow means that statements can be put out with no thought or updates? this means we can trust the cms future statements?

When my attorney I work for tells me to call a client and tell them we are going this way and then we discover something else which means we have to change course, does that mean I lied to the client? No, that means something happened and we had to change course on their case. Things can happen that changes things, that doesn't mean a person lied, just things changed.

Poor soul, he practically doesn't work there then or communicate with anyone. Hopefully in the future they slide more accurate notes under the door of his soundproof cell that's located so far away from Austin. lol some of you guys are hilarious.

He isn't only messenger, he is the only face of Bioware we get to communicate with. So he gets all the blame often. Is it fair? Not always. Is it expected when nobody else is seen around? Sure as hell it is.

Edited by Frenesi

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7879116#edit7879116

so him saying something will happen, then it not happening is not lying? neato

yet another announcement of an announcement this year at nycc

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/08/swtor-nycc-cosplay-contest-and-cantina-livestream-coverage/#QA

Like I said, he's only a mouthpiece reiterating what the developers tell him. It's not his words, so it's not his lies. You're trying to justify attacking the innocent messenger instead of the true source of your ire and that's just not pc acceptable. I'm sure if you were in his position and your boss told you to deliver their announcement to the community, you wouldn't want people throwing tomatoes at you for just doing what you're told. I know I sure wouldn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.