1 day early access ISNT early access.

zkitzor

Guys .. one day, one hour is still early access but ... ridiculous amount of early access, if someone gets one day he has full right to be angry ! Never saw any other mmo to give only one day of early access and AAA mmo should be even better ...

I think everyone will be in by thursday, friday max. So cross your fingers guys :)

Cross your fingers that i'll get in tommorrow. Else it's cancel time.

I wont miss you bioware.

Edited by IAmYourGod

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point of 1 day early access? I dont get it, u guys had nice stress test about 4weeks ago and it was no problem for us players, i think. Do a check if there was any problem about today when u guys had 5 waves of emails to players who got in, how many players are that + how many left ? I would like to see more invites than yesterdays wave and see how it goes.

qq moar!

Dude, one day early access IS EARLY ACCESS. If I get 4 hours more than the guys who didn't preorder, then I still got early access. People keep complaining about this, it's very old already. One day easily means you outlevel the first world, move on and you will have a huge step above the guys who didn't pre order. My goal in preorder is to get far enough ahead of the new guys so I don't have 50 people on the exact same mission I'm on.

I believe this is the exact point of staggering entry, there is really no need for all this rage, we will all get early access, we will all be able to complete the starter quests without 100 others working on the same quests like on beta weekends. I'm good with that.

I'd say the launch started today. They had 1 million preorders for early access and i doubt the numbers will skyrocket again after the "official" release.

That's what i'm talking about. These guys who got in day one just have fingers too deep in their ******e. They don't care about us who'll get in week later.

You'll get one day!! ONEONEONE!!!!

Edited by IAmYourGod

That's what i'm talking about. These guys who got in day one just have fingers too deep in their ******e. They don't care about us who'll get in week later.

You'll get one day!! ONEONEONE!!!!

I won't get in till a couple days from now, and even I don't care about you.

1 day early access is still early access and read the Waves sticky where there's more information about the rest of your post, thanks.

EDIT: Rofl, did they remove the waves sticky with the information?

copied the SR post from developer tracker instead

Hey everyone.

We absolutely understand you want to get in and play the game early. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch.

For us, launch isn't just about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to ramp things up gradually, to spread our player population out amongst a variety of servers, to maintain all server types, and to keep queuing to a minimum (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One.

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and roll out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a long time to come. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running smoothly, with a stable population, before too long.

Anyone else smack their head?

Whats the point of 1 day early access? I dont get it, u guys had nice stress test about 4weeks ago and it was no problem for us players, i think. Do a check if there was any problem about today when u guys had 5 waves of emails to players who got in, how many players are that + how many left ? I would like to see more invites than yesterdays wave and see how it goes.

How is getting access to the game before the game is available in stores not considered early access? please explain.

LOL ROFL; OP you get this?!

Clova's right you get 1 day!

OH AND:

Hey don't like my post? See my Sig!

And all of you should quit white knighting, It's distasteful and a form of trolling!

Is that Chocolate I see? Ewww no it isn’t!

I'll have what he's having .. >>

The purpose of a pre-order is to secure your copy for launch day. Bioware offered early access as well but that's only a bonus. It's not really the point of a pre-order.

You'll get what you paid for, you'll get it for certain and you'll also get a bonus. It might not be more than one day (I only pre-ordered on December 6 and I'd be very, very, very, very surprised to get in before the 19th) but hey, it's still a bonus.

yes it is .. any day before Dec 20 is early access .. you should have pre ordered earlier now SHADDAP crybaby