The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The new TFA OTP

drakensang

It is the third trilogy, and I assume that like the first two, it will have a romance arc. With Rey probably being the new Jedi and apparently the most self-sufficient character among the three mains, Rey/Poe and Rey/Finn seem rather improbable.

I am looking forward to a Poe/Finn-pairing. The guys have chemistry. :)

Did Poe and Rey even meet? I just saw it and I do remember them talking.

Poe and Finn definetly have chemistry though. Poe was so happy to see Finn alive and gave him that nod when they passed each other later. Finn looked confused, like "this cool guy keeps talking to me? But I'm nobody!"

Topic doesn't have *spoilers* in the title so I'm gonna tag this just in case.

Assuming they don't end up being related.... Ren and Rey would be an interesting dynamic. We do see him defending her in that vision Rey has. I'd prefer that over getting rid of the hilarious awkward friendship her and Finn have.

Edit: So apparently their is a 10 year age gap between the two. Probably makes this a lot less likely

Edited by HyperLethalViper

Topic doesn't have *spoilers* in the title so I'm gonna tag this just in case.

Assuming they don't end up being related.... Ren and Rey would be an interesting dynamic. We do see him defending her in that vision Rey has. I'd prefer that over getting rid of the hilarious awkward friendship her and Finn have.

Edit: So apparently their is a 10 year age gap between the two. Probably makes this a lot less likely

Han and Leia have a 10+ year difference between them.

Hmm.

Chewie/Rey:

Chewie strikes me more as the type to look for a mate who is less scrawny and tiny and has more fur and more pronounced fangs. But apparently Jabba had a thing for humanoid females, so interspecies attraction is probably a thing in star wars. I can certainly see the appeal of a big, strong, friendly rug. :) And given that Ashara and Vette as love-interests in swtor for any species didn't raise any protests from the usual suspects, Disney should have no problems with interspecies romance. Chances are, in my opinion, low though.

Rey/Finn:

I don't know. There is certainly friendship that could develop. But their interactions didn't strike me as flirty, she departed with a rather sisterly kiss on the forehead and she will probably be busy levitating rocks, doing backflips with Luke on her shoulders and meditating, in the foreseeable future.

In the OT the new hope didn't get the girl, and in the PT it didn't work that well. Maybe this time a jedi manages to have a relationship. In this case I hope Rey doesn't become a disney princess.

Rey/Kylo:

Redemption by love? After he went stabby on his dad, and threw her into a tree?

Finn/Poe:

Well, if a guy gives me his jacket and tells me it suits me with that smile, I'd say he is flirting. And Finn was definitely impressed in that scene in the base. Plus they would be absolutely cute together. :)

Edited by drakensang

I'd prefer there not to be a romance, unless romantic feelings were simply implied. I'd like that... Implications, ambiguity, things left for the viewer to fill in the blanks. That, or Rey/Finn, they had great chemistry. I don't really care how that relationship evolves as long as they remain on screen together.

finn/rey? hell naw, he lied to her like crazy and their paths seperated.

Him rescuing her was his attempt at redeeming himself from lying his *** off to her repeatedly. Then that sisterly kiss on the forehead while he was unconscious -- yeah, he friendzoned himself pretty hard.

Poe/Finn is where its at. Holy chemistry batman. Hell they had so much chemistry that Finn complimented him when he didn't even know he was there. (THATS ONE AWESOME PILOT!) they're soulmates clearly. Also, Poe named him ffs.

Edited by maxetius

There is always the possibility that Disney plays it conservative.

In this case rough-and-tumble-Rey probably 'matures' into a proper Disney-jedi-princess, and instead of defeating Kylo with lightsabery awesomeness, she converts him with cousinly forgiveness and womanly wisdom back to the light, after Finn and Poe manly and valiantly took out the goons. Then she proceeds to marry Poe (while Finn hooks up with Phasma ) and concentrates on producing the next generation of little Jedi to be taught by the reformed Master Ben Solo, after the latter defeated supreme leader Snoke. :D

I want to see Poe and Finn kiss, though.

Jesus H Christ. What is with the desire to see a romance?

No jedi, on film, has yet been able to have a romance and any good come from it........

If Luke were wise he would require all jedi to be eunuchs or the equivalent.

/sarcasm

Lets all be fair.......since this movie is ripe with 3rd wave feminism Rey needs a female luva........

Gotta be hip and current when making a movie like this...........Maybe the new lightsabers will be rainbow colored too just for solidarity.......

A Jedi to be one with the force would be required to purge himself of micro agressions and white priviledge...then he could assume his role as assistant to the powerful broad wielding the energy stick.

/sarcasm

There is always a romance in Star Wars. :) And besides, I like romances.

Lets all be fair.......since this movie is ripe with 3rd wave feminism Rey needs a female luva........

Huh? Young person is drawn in into a perilous adventure and finds strength in religion to overcome the danger? I am admittedly not up-to-date regarding feminism, but it sounds more like the yarn christian-conservatives usually spin.

But well, if you want girl-on-girl. Maybe Phasma got out and had a change of heart. :)

Anakin and Padme (Prequel Trilogy)

Han and Leia (Original Trilogy)

?????????? (Sequel Trilogy)

Profit.

That's why. It's not unreasonable at all to assume there's a romance coming. Also, it's always the middle story in the trilogy where the eventual couple hooks up.

No jedi, on film, has yet been able to have a romance and any good come from it........

Luke and Leia weren't good?

OK I'll give you Ben Solo.

If Luke were wise he would require all jedi to be eunuchs or the equivalent.

/sarcasm

Gotta be hip and current when making a movie like this...........Maybe the new lightsabers will be rainbow colored too just for solidarity.......

A Jedi to be one with the force would be required to purge himself of micro agressions and white priviledge...then he could assume his role as assistant to the powerful broad wielding the energy stick.

/sarcasm

Man, can we leave the anti-PC (and PC crap) off of our game forums. Even if the bromance between Finn and Poe becomes a full-fledged romance, that's no reason to assume RL politics have anything to do with it.

Edited by Master-Nala

finn/rey? hell naw, he lied to her like crazy and their paths seperated.

<snip>

Yeah because women are well known for picking the nice guy first. And there was the part where they were getting a little closer and were interrupted, then never had a chance to talk again and now he's unconscious after flying to an entire planet of enemies to rescue her (as confirmed by Chewie). So yeah he's so in.

Yeah because women are well known for picking the nice guy first. And there was the part where they were getting a little closer and were interrupted, then never had a chance to talk again and now he's unconscious after flying to an entire planet of enemies to rescue her (as confirmed by Chewie). So yeah he's so in.

All that, and the fact that immediately after admitting his lie, she told him to stay with her.

All that, and the fact that immediately after admitting his lie, she told him to stay with her.

I wasn't getting anything but a friendship vibe from her, though. I mean, she calls him "my FRIEND" at the end when she says goodbye. Not saying Finn/Rey couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely what with her going her own way to train.

Finn/Poe would be...progressive. They certanly had chemistry, but I don't know if Disney would be ballsy enough to make a same-sex couple happen.

Kylo/Rey would also be interesting, kind of an inverse of Anakin/Padme--love damned Anakin, love redeems Kylo. Buuuuuuuut it shares a problem with Finn/Poe in that it kind of relies on Disney going "out there", and there's the whole "are they related or not" caveat (personally, I think no, I think she's a Kenobi, but time will tell).

Poe/Rey don't even interact this film, and I think it's even less likely they will next film.

Edited by Abvora

Rey could never love Kylo, after what he did. Forgive him maybe.

There will be no same sex relationships in the trilogy.

Rey and Finn's friendship was already well established earlier in the movie. They didn't need to take considerable efforts to highlight the fact Finn saved her.