Can people stop being so negative, please?

Ishagu

I'm a returning player, and I'm enjoying the game immensely. Between conquest, strongholds, new story content and what not there is a lot of fun things to do in this game!

I come to the forums from time to time, and all I see is hate and rage at the game. Guys, please - you're starting to put me off, and it's not helping when new players visit the forum and see it's only full of complaints.

Ranting to other players here will no fix anything. If you have absolutely nothing positive to say, venting to people who are enjoying the game isn't going to change anything for you. Let's be more positive. A lot of new players are currently coming in and I can see it on my server - we should make them feel welcome so they stay!

Edited by Ishagu

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get you op, I only recently returned and thus had Hutt Cartel, Revan and KOTFE to play around with. Most of the people complaining however were active during all of that, what for us is "new" content is for them old and mostly done already.

And with stuff that could keep them entertained and busy such as the Rakghoul and Bounty Hunter event broken and Bioware not showing ANY inclination to fix them, at all. I can understand why they're upset.

I'm still in the process of finishing all the story lines with 200% bonus I've never done, But minor annoyances are already starting to pile up for me also. Mostly small ones so far, minor bugs such as many Imperial Agent companions randomly changing to Kaliyo's voice in healing stance (and then their own again), even messing up the gender while doing so might seem minor but it's really getting grating over time.

There's a whole lot of other, way more severe problems and over time they start to get to you. What people are really angry about tho is that Bioware doesn't seem to care, at all. Some of those issues have been around for a long time and they've not even been acknowledged yet.

I'm a returning player, and I'm enjoying the game immensely. Between conquest, strongholds, new story content and what not there is a lot of fun things to do in this game!

I come to the forums from time to time, and all I see is hate and rage at the game. Guys, please - you're starting to put me off, and it's not helping when new players visit the forum and see it's only full of complaints.

Ranting to other players here will no fix anything. If you have absolutely nothing positive to say, venting to people who are enjoying the game isn't going to change anything for you. Let's be more positive. A lot of new players are currently coming in and I can see it on my server - we should make them feel welcome so they stay!

You are a returning player then all looks good for you. Those who have been here without breaks and PAYING while you did not have RIGHT to ask questions and discuss even do some rant if they have to. Because there are a lot negativity it is not players fault but overall product situation. Those who are paying for game can access to forums so they have to post and remind Bioware to get things fixed. And new players should be also aware of how things really are.

If new players enjoy the game it wont matter to them what old veterans are discussing about.

Edited by Divona

No, I totally get that as a returning player I wouldn't have come across many of the things people complain about.

My point is that by putting new players off you're making the game and the whole experience worse. You want more warzones? If a huge number of players commit to the PVP this is more likely to happen for example.

lI'm not sure what to tell you op ... upset people are going to criticize services they pay for.

How exactly is that supposed to happen when all the rants put new and returning players off, which means less players over all which means less chance of Bioware fixing what you want to to fix.

Edited by Kaedusz

No, I totally get that as a returning player I wouldn't have come across many of the things people complain about.

My point is that by putting new players off you're making the game and the whole experience worse. You want more warzones? If a huge number of players commit to the PVP this is more likely to happen for example.

Pvp'ers have been waiting over 2 years for a warzone. Just sayin' The complaints are more than acceptable.

How exactly is that supposed to happen when all the rants put new and returning players off, which means less players over all which means less chance of Bioware fixing what you want to to fix.

Not my problem unless they plan on putting me on the payroll.

Not my problem unless they plan on putting me on the payroll.

It is your problem if you like this game and want it to continue existing. If you don't, then dissatisfaction should lead to quiting, not spend so much time ranting. Or ranting is something that you enjoy doing?

Edited by Kaedusz

With the exception of the in-game Customer Service since 4.0(what's up with that) the overall product situation is good.

Countless bugs, broken events, thin staff, no QA and pve group content in near future. My eyes dont decive me what i see in general discussion topics past months.

I suggest to watch this podcast where actual game supporters and streamers discuss current situation that is "good" for you. https://torcommunity.com/database/blogs/1262-take-a-seat-episode-2

Edited by Divona

It is your problem if you like this game and want it to continue existing. If you don't, then dissatisfaction should lead to quiting, not spend so much time ranting. Or ranting is something that you enjoy doing?

I enjoy it. I LOVE to argue with people to the point of getting them to have an emotional reaction. It's like a hobby at this point.

Countless bugs, broken events, thin staff, no QA and pve group content in near future. My eyes dont decive me what i see in general discussion topics past months.

I have seen no bugs, have noticed no thin staff(except for the ticket system stuff), 2016 was already advertised as being mainly for story, so why surprised? Besides the current pve content is good enough , or are you telling me have you done it all in all hard modes so many times, that you are tired. If you have, then that's called being burned out, it's time for a little break.

And i bless all the gods that the Rak event is postponed, i hate the exploding morons in fleet.

Everything else is miles ahead than the stale game it was before 3.0 or before 4.0.

Edited by Kaedusz

There are two main groups that frequent the forums.

Vocal veterans, and new player seeking help. The vocal Veterans are really putting all the new players off. After browsing for half an hour I'm half convinced to un-sub as the future is apparently so gloomy.

All the negative ranting is only hurting the community, and in no way what-so-ever improving the game.

Edited by Ishagu

Can you tell me that you actually find this statement to be acceptable?

We have identified the issues that caused the Bounty Contract Week to not activate as expected. Due to the nature of the issues and the impending holiday, we will not be fixing the event and it will return as scheduled in January.

I have been the most ardent supporter of this game and even of BW, but this was a kick in the gut.

There are two main groups that frequent the forums.

Vocal veterans, and new player seeking help. The vocal Veterans are really putting all the new players off. After browsing for half an hour I'm half convinced to un-sub as the future is apparently so gloomy.

All the negative ranting is only hurting the community, and in no way what-so-ever improving the game.

Game is done anyway. With no roadmap for the future beyond hour long episodes aka cutscenes what longevity does the game have. I'm going to assume this thread isn't going the way you planned lol.

So why keep playing?

If your experience is filled with so much negativity, and you feel the game is through, why are you here?

Isn't quitting better than Ranting? Plenty of other fun games out there!

Edited by Ishagu

Game is done anyway. With no roadmap for the future beyond hour long episodes aka cutscenes what longevity does the game have. I'm going to assume this thread isn't going the way you planned lol.

1 year is a pretty good amount of future focused on story and playing existing pvp and pve stuff. + 1 new wz.

And after KoTFE they have said they are gonna focus more on ops or other such stuff.

And game is not done, was never done. It wasn't even going to be done if Episode 7 didn't come out. But with it, there is just no chance, any time in near or distant future.

If you on the other hand are done with the game, i suggest you go play WoW asap. I logged in yesterday, vomited, trolled the Trade chat a bit, logged out.

Edited by Kaedusz

We are not PR managers for Bioware. We don't own them good publicity. If they don't like what we have to say, it's up to them to fix the *********** things we complain about. If new players don't like what we have to say - we probably saved them a lot of frustration in the future. It's up to them to decide if problems are important to them to not play. And state of the game is terrible. You can't deny that.

Or should we lie? Tell that everything is up to the *** in rainbow and unicorns, decieve new players, only for them to later realize the truth and - SURPRISE - come to the forums complaining.

1 year is a pretty good amount of future focused on story and playing existing pvp and pve stuff. + 1 new wz.

And after KoTFE they have said they are gonna focus more on ops or other such stuff.

And game is not done, was never done. It wasn't even going to be done if Episode 7 didn't come out. But with it, there is just no chance, any time in near or distant future.

If you on the other hand are done with the game, i suggest you go play WoW asap. I logged in yesterday, vomited, trolled the Trade chat a bit, logged out.

I bet you believe lots of stuff lol. It must be hard to hear this but it's the truth. It just is.

Edited by Skaara

the only thing i know is that i have an pvp armor set that i lost very time obtaining . war leader the old and cool one.

Yesterday i installed new mods in my armor , and they changed that pieces for some new generic armour without bonus.... Angry is not enought to describe my feelings right now....

It's ok if you are a new player and is content that u cant get anymore , but is a kick in the balls do that to a player who got it time ago with many hours spent in obtainig it....