1+ hours on waiting for an operation through the group finder on harbinger ....

Skaara

I'm a medic and I have never used group finder. The only time I do flashpoints is with my boyfriend and guild. I will not use group finder to do a flashpoint.

Correlation does not imply causation. You are just one person and do not represent any evidence for how your absence affects the queue timer.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing about that is denial.

1.) Pugs suck. People show up at 65 still missing gear in slots and with no idea how to play their class (to say nothing of fight mechanics).

2.) People form their own ops groups and then queue because pugs suck.

so, join a guild or suck less.

and guilds doesnt suck?, hey man how much do you parse? you should parse exactly like our top dps..blah blah blah

dont' get me wrong i see your main point but nowadays theres always a clown on each guild....i mean the guilds that are left anyways....:rolleyes:

Being in a guild is as valid as prefering pugging.

Edited by psikofunkster

Correlation does not imply causation. You are just one person and do not represent any evidence for how your absence affects the queue timer.

Since you said how long it took you to get into group via GF: You already represented it by yourself. There are too many DPS in queue for too little tanks and healers. It is not speculation it is fact. Tactical FPs exist because of this exact cause.

and guilds doesnt suck?, hey man how much do you parse? you should parse exactly like our top dps..blah blah blah

dont' get me wrong i see your main point but nowadays theres always a clown on each guild....i mean the guilds that are left anyways....:rolleyes:

Being in a guild is as valid as prefering pugging.

Sorry to hear about that. I found good guild where we have fun. We raid, but not too seriously. I hope you will also get into one you might like.

Since you said how long it took you to get into group via GF: You already represented it by yourself. There are too many DPS in queue for too little tanks and healers. It is not speculation it is fact. Tactical FPs exist because of this exact cause.

So people need to run tacticals for 208 gear when they already have at least 216 gear ? I suppose they could just nerf dps into the ground until people start rolling tanks and healers which is probably whats going on already with the last dps hit. Personally I would prefer an increase to the leveling difficulty curve forcing people to learn how to play but that's just me. Which is exactly what they tried to do with the companion nerf until everyone cried a river just because the devs were actually doing what was best for the players and the health of the game. So now we get the same thing through character nerfs. It is beyond ridiculous.

Well, I guess we just keeping doing the same things and nothing ever changes so the game keeps shifting into a casual wet dream. By the way ... the alternative choices suck. The progression chain is broken.

Edited by Skaara

So people need to run tacticals for 208 gear when they already have at least 216 gear ? I suppose they could just nerf dps into the ground until people start rolling tanks and healers which is probably whats going on already with the last dps hit. Personally I would prefer an increase to the leveling difficulty curve forcing people to learn how to play but that's just me. Which is exactly what they tried to do with the companion nerf until everyone cried a river just because the devs were actually doing what was best for the players and the health of the game. So now we get the same thing through character nerfs. It is beyond ridiculous.

Well, I guess we just keeping doing the same things and nothing ever changes so the game keeps shifting into a casual wet dream. By the way ... the alternative choices suck. The progression chain is broken.

Where did i said you should run tactical? Nowhere, I used is only as example.

What will change if content will be harder? Nothing. People who will want to play DPS will still play DPS and your queue time will be same.

Until community will become nicer to new tanks and healers (cause at 90% people blame it is Tank/Heal fault even at Boss enrage) then there will be alway much more DPS in queues and there is nothing BW can do about it.

If you know some way to archive lower queue times, feel free to share it with us. If you dont know, then dont blame others that they also dont know. ;)

Edited by ShawDou

Where did i said you should run tactical? Nowhere, I used is only as example.

What will change if content will be harder? Nothing. People who will want to play DPS will still play DPS and your queue time will be same.

Until community will become nicer to new tanks and healers (cause at 90% people blame it is Tank/Heal fault even at Boss enrage) then there will be alway much more DPS in queues and there is nothing BW can do about it.

If you know some way to archive lower queue times, feel free to share it with us. If you dont know, then dont blame others that they also dont know. ;)

Or you could grow a thicker skin and get over it. Does it really hurt your feelers that much ?

Ehm not sure i follow you here? You are the one who is complaining here, not me. So what exactly should i get over? :D

That the meanie dps keep yelling at you (well tanks and healers) ... that much seemed pretty obvious to me anyway. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm never going to agree with you and vice versa. I'll just reserve my I told you so for a later date.

I believe if people are motivated to always follow the path of least resistance and once that is healing and tanking then they will do it. You believe people just want to see big numbers. You're wrong.

Edited by Skaara

That the meanie dps keep yelling at you (well tanks and healers) ... that much seemed pretty obvious to me anyway. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm never going to agree with you and vice versa. I'll just reserve my I told you so for a later date.

Well i agree with you in one thing. Your response.

Or you could grow a thicker skin and get over it. Does it really hurt your feelers that much ?

It is perfect response for any complain. So you should follow your own advice and get over it. And if you cant follow your own advices than i agree there is really no point in disusing.

Just one last thing, i dont know why you assume it is me i am referring. I started as DPS and now play all roles, mostly depend what group need. I have no problem with explaining tactics, wait for some players, or kick some really "bad" guys who will not listen after several tries.

Well i agree with you in one thing. Your response.

It is perfect response for any complain. So you should follow your own advice and get over it. And if you cant follow your own advices than i agree there is really no point in disusing.

Just one last thing, i dont know why you assume it is me i am referring. I started as DPS and now play all roles, mostly depend what group need. I have no problem with explaining tactics, wait for some players, or kick some really "bad" guys who will not listen after several tries.

Don't leave mad; just leave.

I believe if people are motivated to always follow the path of least resistance and once that is healing and tanking then they will do it. You believe people just want to see big numbers. You're wrong.

Well since tank controls fight and healer gets punished if DPS dont follow mechanics that i dont think they will ever be easier than the DPS. But as i said before, dont hesitate and feel free to share you great solution ;)

There are some fights i found it easier as tank than DPS, but didnt encounter one single where i find it easier as healer than DPS.

Edited by ShawDou

As they should :D especially since logic dictates that your defensiveness confirms that you find my opinion valid. :cool:

I can understand you find me defensive, we are just different kinds of people. I prefer to argue with arguments, while you prefer to to tell people what to do.

And i am yet to hear your option. I only heard you saying it is broken and should be fixed, but never saw any idea how it should be fixed. Which is strange, cause from your posts, it seems like you always know better :D

I can understand you find me defensive, we are just different kinds of people. I prefer to argue with arguments, while you prefer to to tell people what to do.

And i am yet to hear your option. I only heard you saying it is broken and should be fixed, but never saw any idea how it should be fixed. Which is strange, cause from your posts, it seems like you always know better :D

I don't work for free ;) it's not my job to fix this mess. Besides, they couldn't afford me. However, a simple and yet effective fix would be to increase the damage of mobs across the board in the open world to the point where it's faster to just roll a tank/heal setup because of all the recharging dps would have to do between fights. It would become such an annoyance that people would just roll the other roles. The main reason they don't roll them is because it takes forever to level them and then once they hit end game they are just used to their dps spec so they stick with it.

But then everyone would cry because it's hard. Mmo players are the most self sabotaging people I have every come across in my entire life.

Edited by Skaara

I don't work for free ;) it's not my job to fix this mess. Besides, they couldn't afford me.

By this response you made my day. As programmer myself i know if customer wants something to change but never say how, it is in 99% impossible to change it in a way he will like it.

But then everyone would cry because it's hard. Mmo players are the most self sabotaging people I have every come across in my entire life.

Finally we agree, with this sentence you pretty much say that it is community fault. ;)

Edited by ShawDou

They could remove useless queue group finder and help raiding community simply by adding item level and premade search function like in wow..

It could be a second breath for dying game, but it's probably too much to ask to develop...

Edited by onegoldpls

Well this was fun I suppose but I'm getting tired and heading off to bed. I'm just getting so tired of games I love being trashed because us loyal players just aren't good enough and I have to watch games get shut down. First it mxo, then vanguard, and now this one is driving off a cliff. It's almost like when soe failed they brought over the worst of the worst to manage this game. Yeah, I referred to Bioware as SoE. Well goodnight.

Where is it Bioware's fault that people would rather play DPS than tanks or healers to PUG groups with? I'll give you a hint, it's not Bioware's fault but the toxic community that continually harps on tanks and healers for wiping, and won't take responsibility for their own actions.

+1 on this. I have 220/224 geared PT tank with 216/220 dps offspec, and I can't remember last time I tanked pug. And I pug at least 3-4 SM ops a week for comms, DMC's and decos. I always go as dps.

A week ago I waited hour and half in que with 7/8 people waiting for one tank, and I didn't want to tell them my main spec is shieldtech:D I made myself a nice dinner, and played some Hearthstone.

The amount of **** people throw at tanks is retarded in this game. And yet, nobody wants to roll one.

Edited by Feanar

my main is a 216-220 healer, and i hardly ever take her into pugs anymore.

people seem to think my duty is to keep them fully healed, no matter how they are geared or what they are doing. they jump bosses without letting the tank pull, grab full aggro, stand in telegraph markers, refuse to stack, dont know how to interrupt, run out of range when their health gets low and then expect me to chase after them... then they get nasty when they die cos its 'my fault' :rolleyes:

my main is a 216-220 healer, and i hardly ever take her into pugs anymore.

people seem to think my duty is to keep them fully healed, no matter how they are geared or what they are doing. they jump bosses without letting the tank pull, grab full aggro, stand in telegraph markers, refuse to stack, dont know how to interrupt, run out of range when their health gets low and then expect me to chase after them... then they get nasty when they die cos its 'my fault' :rolleyes:

All because the game was retuned for children. If the game doesn't expect these things out of them while leveling they will never learn. But we can't have that. God forbid someone should have to put forth any effort into anything in this game. Thank Jesus the internet wasn't around way back in the day when games existed when you had like 3 lives to beat the entire game and you had to learn how to play. All those epic moments and boss fights that would have been trivialized by the filthy casuals.

Edited by Skaara

Wait, you got a pop in an hour?

But really, what do you expect? Serious raiders aren't likely to PUG, and casuals aren't likely to engage in a two-to-three+ hour game mode that requires 8 players to work in tandem. It's just not going to happen. So really, a pop in an hour is pretty damn good, imho.

+1 on this. I have 220/224 geared PT tank with 216/220 dps offspec, and I can't remember last time I tanked pug. And I pug at least 3-4 SM ops a week for comms, DMC's and decos. I always go as dps.

A week ago I waited hour and half in que with 7/8 people waiting for one tank, and I didn't want to tell them my main spec is shieldtech:D I made myself a nice dinner, and played some Hearthstone.

The amount of **** people throw at tanks is retarded in this game. And yet, nobody wants to roll one.

Really? What server are you on?

My primary is a tank on Begeren Colony. I've had pretty chill Pugs most of the way through. Maybe I've just been lucky, but still.