Flashpoint Perks- Lots of Grinding But How?

Jinook_Phi

There is a Manaan item I want, 50 of the flashpoint barrel things required. Being I cant repeat solo flashpoints, Im guessing the only way to get them is group? Sigh. I hate being forced to do things, it stops feeling like a fun game. Ive been in epic guilds and done all that, but my life does not have that kind of room right now.

Is there any sane way to grind these that wont take hours and hours and lots of grouping?

The Depths of Manaan flashpoint can be repeated solo. The npc at the entrance offers you a choice of solo, tactical, or hard mode.

I got a few common data crystals as reward for solo, I haven't done that enough to tell you if a purple Manaan Research Data might drop. I remember them being somewhat scarce from tactical. There are a couple pages of them on the Ebon Hawk GTN under Miscellaneous, 100k is ballpark.

The highest priced item from the vendor on Manaan is the Mana-D5 Submersible vehicle for 20 Manaan Research Data. I don't see any way around the grind - grind for 2M credits to buy out the GTN or run it a lot, solo or otherwise. There is a vehicle in one of the latest packs that looks vaguely similar, if that is what you are after.

Even in HM the Manaan Data are super rare, so I wouldn't have high hopes about farming solo mode.

I don't even understand the point of making them so rare especially when they used to drop so easily back then. The way groupfinder works if you select this flashpoint specifically you are in for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very long wait so your best chance is to run a random flashpoint. There are now more than a dozen of HM... So one chance out of 10+ to get Manaan. Good luck to any new player to get anything on that vendor. Same issue with the tokens from Korriban/Tython flashpoints, even worse as you need so much more for a complete armor set.

The way I see it the loot table for these flashpoints is broken and they are too lazy/too bad to fix it. Heck it's probably broken for all the HM, when was the last time you have seen a decoration drop and if you have, which frequency?

Everything is glitched, broken, bugged in some sort of way in this game and they don't give a ****.

Edited by demotivator

Even in HM the Manaan Data are super rare, so I wouldn't have high hopes about farming solo mode.

I don't even understand the point of making them so rare especially when they used to drop so easily back then. The way groupfinder works if you select this flashpoint specifically you are in for a very, very, very, very, very, very, very long wait so your best chance is to run a random flashpoint. There are now more than a dozen of HM... So one chance out of 10+ to get Manaan. Good luck to any new player to get anything on that vendor. Same issue with the tokens from Korriban/Tython flashpoints, even worse as you need so much more for a complete armor set.

The way I see it the loot table for these flashpoints is broken and they are too lazy/too bad to fix it. Heck it's probably broken for all the HM, when was the last time you have seen a decoration drop and if you have, which frequency?

Everything is glitched, broken, bugged in some sort of way in this game and they don't give a ****.

Although I agree that the loot tables are broken, the fix is actually simpler than it seems. Change the item costs on the vendor.

For example, I recall it being a bit of a minor grind to get a full set of 190 gear on Ziost. Now, that gear is practically given away.

The item I want is the big datacron looking decor item, Im rather sure it said 50 of those manaan tokens.

Yeah, dont even get me started about all the things still broken in this game. I was in early BETA and while many improvements have been made, there have been no improvements to Biowares integrity. Really irks me. The Cartel Market for any gamer familiar with "micro transactions" is NOT that. These are marco transactions, meant to bleed as much money (essentially, exploit the player base) as is possible.

The loot tables, the massively complicated way they set up getting decor for your strongholds, now-questing with your companion has almost no impact on influence, so we have to grind companion gifts, solo flashpoints that offer zero valuable loot of any type ever- even hard fights, I could go on and on. Its like they view their job role as making gameplay impossible and hey, lets milk them for every dollar.

The commonly stated complaints about cartel coin awards not being timely. Are their checks, as in their payroll, tinely? If EA randomly paid them, how would they react?

But hey, if we're loyal- at least we get a droid. They dont get MMO, they dont get their own customers and they never have (since they have been with EA).

Well, dang it. Not sure what I'll do, find a way to make a lot of money I guess to buy them becase Im not going to repeat that long FP for one of those per run x 48 more runs. Thanks for the thoughts!

There is a Manaan item I want, 50 of the flashpoint barrel things required. Being I cant repeat solo flashpoints, Im guessing the only way to get them is group? Sigh. I hate being forced to do things

I'm pretty sure that title (All Natural, as I recall) is entirely optional. It will not improve your character in terms of mechanics one little tiny bit.

Is there any sane way to grind these that wont take hours and hours and lots of grouping?

It's an "achievement" for a reason.

The item I want is the big datacron looking decor item, Im rather sure it said 50 of those manaan tokens.

That's not Manaan data things, it's Tython and Korriban recovered relics. And you can buy those from other players. If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, it's called the Holocron of the Ancient Masters, from the Tython/Korriban flashpoint vendor on the Republic fleet and it costs 25 recovered relics and 10 universal mk-3 prefabs.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Would you consider purchasing the relics rather than farming them? On BC someone is selling them for about 3k per relic - I don't know what I was searching for that brought the relics up but that's how much they were going for yesterday.

Edit: Okay nevermind, just checked they go for about 60k to 700,000k. Option to buy them is still there though lol

Edited by Avalyssia

Are you sure that's Manaan Research Data? I thought that huge holocron thing was for Recovered Relics, which are from the Assault on Tython and Korriban flashpoints, not the Manaan one.

Jinook_Phi,

You are talking about these things as if you cannot play the game without them, when in fact that is 100% false. You do not NEED them, you WANT them. If you WANT them bad enough you will find a way to get them.

The only person "forcing" you to do anything is YOU.

Are you talking about this?

If so, yes, getting one of the largest and most impressive decorations in the game takes time and energy. It's also completely optional.

I think it's a great example of end-game content. At level 65, you can spend hundreds of millions of credits decorating your house to impress your guests if that's what you care about. Today I spent an hour throwing snowballs at overheated gift droids and got four halo-trees for my entrance, but the majority of my decorations are just stuff mobs have dropped or that I've unlocked with achievements/storylines.

Are you talking about this?

If so, yes, getting one of the largest and most impressive decorations in the game takes time and energy. It's also completely optional.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

I know this is going to be a HUGE newsflash to you, but not everyone thinks like you. I know! Imagine that.

I have no problem working hard to get any number of things. Requiring a player to repeat the same content is the approach that has killed off many MMOs over the last 5 years, so spare me the high and mighty. Its very poor game design. Send me to a ton of planets and flashpoints and quests to get this supposedly "one of the best" items- cool, Im down for that. But repeating content to get it, I playing the game to- another huge shocker, to enjoy it.

What is this about not being able to repeat flashpoints solo? I know I did Black Talon a half dozen times before going on to DK on one of my alts recently.

I had read an older Dev thread that stated that to be the case but then realized just that, it was an older thread. My bad

Before quoting me, you might want to actually read my post- it has nothing to do with achievements, it has to do with getting a specific item. Which I put "for a reason".

Before replying, you might want to read my entire post.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

Yes, at this point, I think you are just trolling.

I have no problem working hard to get any number of things

If you work in a game, you're doing it wrong,

Requiring a player to repeat the same content is the approach that has killed off many MMOs over the last 5 years, so spare me the high and mighty. Its very poor game design. Send me to a ton of planets and flashpoints and quests to get this supposedly "one of the best" items- cool, Im down for that. But repeating content to get it, I playing the game to- another huge shocker, to enjoy it.

Alert: grinding the same content over and over is what MMOs are all about. If that kind of thing killed off MMOs, there would not be any MMOs. And everyone plays the game to enjoy it, and for no other reason. If you want the giant datacron, get it, If getting it is not enjoyable, don't get it. Pretty simple. And I already told you, which you seemingly chose to ignore, that you are incorrect as to what you need to buy it. And even there were something that cost 50 Manaan research data tokens, you can buy those from other players, too. So if you run whatever flashpoint is needed over and over to get the tokens required, as opposed to just buying to token from other players, that is your decision.

Edited by branmakmuffin