WoW Expansion news - For next September!

TX_Angel

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/wow-legion-new-pvp-system,30785.html

The sixth expansion for World of Warcraft, titled Legion, isn’t coming out until sometime time next year (Blizzard stated it’s coming out “before or on September 21, 2016”). However, the team decided to give players a sneak peek into some of the upcoming changes, specifically with the player versus player (PvP) format.

So somehow Blizzard can communicate what is happening 10 months from now, but Bioware is unable to talk about what is happening a few months from now.

The lack of communicate, forward looking information, and plans, is very annoying. It almost would lead you to believe they don't have anything planned beyond the 16 chapters of KotFE.

So somehow Blizzard can communicate what is happening 10 months from now, but Bioware is unable to talk about what is happening a few months from now.

The lack of communicate, forward looking information, and plans, is very annoying. It almost would lead you to believe they don't have anything planned beyond the 16 chapters of KotFE.

I would bet there is a reason for this. With how the EA financials don't make SWTOR look good, the fact EA is about profits, ad that this expac definitely appears to have been made on a "modest" budget, I don't think they know yet.

I suspect that they have budgeting for additional content contingent on how well they do revenue wise between launch and Chapter 10's release. They probably have on their white board options A, B and C each contingent on the amount of funding they will get. As such any statement about future plans could come back to bite them if they don't meet expectations and get less money than they hope.

EA does not share info unless they have to, the reason for this is that they are a money hungry greedy corp. with little or no respect for most of their consumer base. All they want is your money and then you can pretty much **** from there on.

I dont think i have seen any other mmo corp's with a lower interrest in players than what EA is showing people really...

and i've seen my share by now, even funcom which was a bad bad mmo corp has never been this bad tbh. they where just bad at doing what needed to be done to the game and as a result they lost their players and ended up with some nasty red numbers on the bottom line.

EA has the advantage here, because they are not only about 1 or 2 games but has a wide spread area of gaming to give them the revenue they need to go on off.

If they had only been about swtor, they would have been shut down long ago and we would not have a game to complaint about.

Fantasy Land Version:

What a great idea! BW should post all their plans for the next year or two! Then we could have some interesting and meaningful discussion of them on the forums! Because that's what the forums are all about!

Reality:

Fantasy Land doesn't exist. Do you actually read the forums and see what goes on here?

Wod was terrible expansion mostly because of harrisons.

If it will be better than cata and wod, swtor is doomed. They should atleast release all chapters before this time.

WoD had issues but also some very good parts. Leveling was some of the best that there as been in WoW. The zones were beautiful and raiding was up to standards. Garrisons were overdone and PvP suffered from some balance issues. Legion looks great and the PvP changes are fantastic. I've played both SWTOR and WoW since the games were released. There are things I enjoy about both games.

I must say tho that I have no doubt WoW will be around and thriving for another 5 years or more. I'm not so sure about SWTOR anymore.

I'll also say that I believe that Blizzard is more up-front and honest about their plans than any other game company I've delt with. This occasionally gets them in trouble as they often discuss possibilities and plans and if not all the plans come to fruition there is the typical player outrage and claims that "promises" have been broken.

Edited by Erasimus

lets be honest.

blizzard is an actual game studio and bw austin is a skeleton crew of incompetent clowns that likely didnt have this much information a week before kotfe was released.

I'll also say that I believe that Blizzard is more up-front and honest about their plans than any other game company I've delt with.

You must have dealt with some really bad developers then, becsaue I can think of few developers worse than Blizzard in terms of secrecy, false promises (Did you forget the running joke "fixed in MoP?", nothing they said would be fixed was fixed, their staff just blantantly lied all over their forums), making terrible gameplay decisions, spending 70% of their resources on art because everything needs to look so beautiful when you're following one arrow to the next with tunnel vision. One of the worst developers since they merged with Activision.

You must have dealt with some really bad developers then, becsaue I can think of few developers worse than Blizzard in terms of secrecy, false promises (Did you forget the running joke "fixed in MoP?", nothing they said would be fixed was fixed, their staff just blantantly lied all over their forums), making terrible gameplay decisions, spending 70% of their resources on art because everything needs to look so beautiful when you're following one arrow to the next with tunnel vision. One of the worst developers since they merged with Activision.

I completely disagree. It must be miserable for the glass to always be half empty.

WoW has always been, at least to me, a fun game with lots of hidden areas to discover, jokes, bad puns, great music, etc. It has always seemed to me that Blizzard developers put their hearts into the game. Do they make mistakes, of course, but I feel they do listen to input an every expansion included new ideas.

Edited by Erasimus

I would bet there is a reason for this. With how the EA financials don't make SWTOR look good, the fact EA is about profits, ad that this expac definitely appears to have been made on a "modest" budget, I don't think they know yet.

I suspect that they have budgeting for additional content contingent on how well they do revenue wise between launch and Chapter 10's release. They probably have on their white board options A, B and C each contingent on the amount of funding they will get. As such any statement about future plans could come back to bite them if they don't meet expectations and get less money than they hope.

I'm beginning to think you simply have an agenda. Could the difference be that there's oh you know an expac currently happening in Swtor and not in Wow? Could it also be that we've been told that there are what 7 more chapters on the way for 2016? could it also be that they said they were going to discuss the secondary plans in I dunno, February with the release of Chapter 10? I'm not generally one to white knight, but man you are so plain out there that it's incredible. You are ignoring what we already know so you can stand on your soap box and yell about things under the ruse of a tuned vocabulary.

I completely disagree. It must be miserable for the glass to always be half empty.

WoW has always been, at least to me, a fun game with lots of hidden areas to discover, jokes, bad puns, great music, etc. It has always seemed to me that Blizzard developers put their hearts into the game. Do they make mistakes, of course, but I feel they do listen to input an every expansion included new ideas.

Try Eve online iof you want to see devs who actually communicate.

No no no...Bioware HAS told us. We have chapter 10 in February. That's it. That's all. After that they'll pretend to look at NiM loot and then leave it as it is. We know EXACTLY what's coming.

No no no...Bioware HAS told us. We have chapter 10 in February. That's it. That's all. After that they'll pretend to look at NiM loot and then leave it as it is. We know EXACTLY what's coming.

That's not entirely accurate. We know that in just February we will be getting chapter 10, and the announcement of the pvp map. We can extrapolate that since season 1 is 17 chapters long (I think) that each subsequent month will drop a new chapter. What we do not know about is a new operation. I fully expect them to reveal something about a new operation in Feb, but that' s just my hunch.

edit: we also know (for better or worse) that a sub rewards program will be in effect, and the reward hk companion and chapter will be in play in august (feb for comp). So we do know certain things. Emotion aside, we do have some sort of information.

Edited by Shwarzchild

Wod was terrible expansion mostly because of harrisons.

If it will be better than cata and wod, swtor is doomed. They should atleast release all chapters before this time.

Harrisons? as in Ford's clones?

just kidding.

that said, if Garrison were your least favorite part? get ready to hate legion, cause guess what you'll be doing at class halls in Legion? that's right, Garrison style missions.