Arena Barrier...ACID

VixenRawR

Honestly now....how long has it been? How long are the devs going to baby the sorc gods in this game?

If any other class had a way to cancel the effects of acid at the end of arena it would have been fixed. If my operative coudl escape combat and no longer get damaged by acid there would have been a outcry in the sorc community. Followed by that ability not only being fixed within the next patch...but probably some dps/heal nerf to ops as well.

Yet a year later....are the devs intentionally trying to make people quit pvp by ruining it like this? Honestly I believe they are. No one with half a brain would let garbage go on this long yet it does. Yay bioware.

You know what pisses me off? When stealthers get their asses beat in an arena and stealth until acid comes just to waste everyone's time.

Sorc Bubble is a lesser evil in that scenario, bet you anything a stealther decided to be a sore loser.

I don't even play Sorc btw.

Edited by CannotDeny

well there is one way to solve that >.> Maybe if as soon as the death timer starts? everyone gets the staggered effect and takes a small ammount of damage that knock's them out of stealth?

It'd be somthing at least to combat those two things, however once those two things are solved? People would find some other way to mess things up

Honestly now....how long has it been? How long are the devs going to baby the sorc gods in this game?

If any other class had a way to cancel the effects of acid at the end of arena it would have been fixed. If my operative coudl escape combat and no longer get damaged by acid there would have been a outcry in the sorc community. Followed by that ability not only being fixed within the next patch...but probably some dps/heal nerf to ops as well.

Yet a year later....are the devs intentionally trying to make people quit pvp by ruining it like this? Honestly I believe they are. No one with half a brain would let garbage go on this long yet it does. Yay bioware.

Yea man! Those nasty sorcerers simply popping up stealth hiding like a rat till the end of the match than they somersault out from the acid! And even if you find them they can enter to stealth mod again from combat! lol And on the top of that, they pop up some kind of nasty force witchery that buff up their hiding skills to the sky, so no one can detect them when they use the force darts FROM STEALTH just 2 sec before the acid arrives! And if you disable it's sleep effect then they drop some kind of force flash witchery to our feets that freeze our all team, and the acid eat us up alive.

And they just laugh and doing their force somersault all over the map!

These devs are such a noob team.. how they can allow this right?

You know what pisses me off? When stealthers get their asses beat in an arena and stealth until acid comes just to waste everyone's time.

Sorc Bubble is a lesser evil in that scenario, bet you anything a stealther decided to be a sore loser.

Are you really saying that barriering acid is less annoying then stealthing out? Yeah stealthing and making a team wait till the end is annoying but guess what? You will kill him when acid hits and win the game anyways. While Sorc barriering acid is a broken mechanic where they absorb ticks of damage which majority of classes can't mitigate. I have lost countless, I mean countless games just because of this mechanic alone. Even 4v3s in ranked arenas where the sorc managed to survive long enough to barrier acid and win.

From an Operative healer persective barrering acid is just slightly more annoying. (I hope you can pick up on my sarcasm)

Are you really saying that barriering acid is less annoying then stealthing out? Yeah stealthing and making a team wait till the end is annoying but guess what? You will kill him when acid hits and win the game anyways. While Sorc barriering acid is a broken mechanic where they absorb ticks of damage which majority of classes can't mitigate. I have lost countless, I mean countless games just because of this mechanic alone. Even 4v3s in ranked arenas where the sorc managed to survive long enough to barrier acid and win.

From an Operative healer persective barrering acid is just slightly more annoying. (I hope you can pick up on my sarcasm)

I hate barrier as well, believe me. But I've a special rage given to me by stealthers in arena, so it takes first place.

It sucks that the healer couldn't be downed for 4 minutes, but if he survived that long anyway the game would have just went on and on and on.

Enduring Bastion's effect on acid is the most OP ability in group ranked and needs to be removed. It allows cheese comps like double tank/healer to have a good chance against most teams becasue they simultaneously take advantage of OP sorc heals and barriers to turtle until acid and generally there's nothing the other team can do unless they are very experienced.

It also makes it even more difficult to justify bringing one of the other healers, and frankly you shouldn't have both the strongest heals and strongest utility consolidated into 1 class, leaving operatives at 2nd place and mercs at a very, very distant third.

Stealthing out and waiting to acid to 1v1 is not something that needs to be removed. It's an advantage of their class and they trade-off having certain abilities non-stealth classes have to be advantaged in that situation in a 1v1. If it's 1 stealth vs 3 or 4 people still alive then obviously it's trolling and stupid to sit through but at least you will still win.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Stealth trolling is annoying, but 99.99% of the time they still lose. Bastion is an "I don't have to obey the same mechanics as everyone else" troll button. It is MUCH worse. Not even comparable.

Put Phase Walk on a longer CD, remove Bastion from Barrier, and nerf Roaming Mend. Sorc would be strong without being the only choice.

I'd say these would be fine nerfs, but... reduce cooldown on force speed... 30 sec cooldown is too long especially if you nerf their survivability as you suggest here.

I'd say these would be fine nerfs, but... reduce cooldown on force speed... 30 sec cooldown is too long especially if you nerf their survivability as you suggest here.

With all of their important heals being instant/on the move, Sorcerer healer doesn't really need more mobility. I see the argument to be had though. With the nerfs I proposed, they would definitely be more vulnerable (which they should be). It'd be up to Bioware's "class balance philosophy" at that point, since the longer CD on PW doesn't really impact PvE nearly as much. Maybe allow for DPS Sorcs to have a shorter CD on it?

Edited by Tykhelituss

I honestly can't see a reason why devs haven't fixed this yet. All sorc favoritism arguments aside....this is a pretty stupid mechanic. Acid should just go through everthing unhindered....including bastion.

stop using logic. this is SWTOR!

The best solution would be to remove the acid mechanic and adopt something similiar to dampening (healing is reduced by a % for each minute past the "end" of the round) while also implementing an anti-stealth mechanic if there is only one player still alive on a team.

A short term, very easy fix, is simply make acid ignore all absorption effects.

I do want to point out that this would actually make sorcs one of the worst (possibly the worst) class in the acid phase since their "dcd" are all tied into healing/absorption shields and they **** burst damage, but I'm frankly not a fan of the acid mechanic to begin with so this wouldn't bother me.

While we're talking about ****** mechanics in arena can we please PLEASE nerf pt/vg, three seasons of carbonize is old, it actually makes me miss s1's dps tanks/tank tunnel/lol cleave.

Edited by alexsamma

trouble with that is while coordinated teams use carbonize to devastating effect, it's also an invaluable dcd. and carbonize already took an unnecessary nerf (as a dcd) in 3.0 when sins got that silly utility that was supposedly to help them counter ranged CC.

it's also a necessary interrupt for dem pesky healers.

I do totally feel ya on the way it's used offensively in coordinated (arena) attacks, and something should be done. but even before we consider the PVE outcry, I think you have to also look at the side nerfs it will created to a dcd tool kit that's already only middle-of-the-pack at best. they're not mercs...but they're not wrecking balls either. iunno. I was definitely butthurt when carbonize was basically rendered useless against sins.

it has so much utility outside of the coordinated offensive use that's dominating things atm that eliminating it is out of the question but then...what to do? maybe adjust resolve from it? iunno.

Edited by foxmob

Dis you know that carbonized ignores shroud?

The only place powertech dps is not a "wrecking ball" is in solo queue arena, in every other venue pt dps has been OP since the game released, aside from right after 2.0,and even then people like pyromanen (I know i butchered his name) made it look OP.

Edited by alexsamma

Dis you know that carbonized ignores shroud?

The only place powertech dps is not a "wrecking ball" is in solo queue arena, in every other venue pt dps has been OP since the game released, aside from right after 2.0,and even then people like pyromanen (I know i butchered his name) made it look OP.

lol - no. is it a new utility? still on my first 65. (out of game for november :( )

they were broken in 3.0 regs. too much burst. too easy. but low survivability. I hate to say it, but I've converted. you can't cite regs for anything. it's the matchmaking. every match is just so random. 3 heals. 4 heals. etc.

PTs were in a great place in s3, imo. not the fotm but perfectly viable. you're right to say they've rarely been crap (and the crap only lasted like a month when Banksy went ape on the forums after being the class rep -- hehe), but it's not since the past year+ that they've been sitting up at the top with little or no competition. the "since launch" thing is emotional memory. maras and sorcs and juggs (omg the smash era!) saw PTs as 2nd tier but still perfectly viable. not saying they don't need to be toned down. I quit playing mine (was my main until 3.0) b/c they were too easy in regs and too hard in solo. and I don't play teams, so... meh.

LMFAO I LOVE doing that! I only do it when my team is bad though and I want to win. With so many newbs playing now, they do not know to run to the middle where I stealth over and win us the game.

LOVE IT!

Don't hate the player, hate the game! ;-)

Enduring Bastion's effect on acid is the most OP ability in group ranked and needs to be removed. It allows cheese comps like double tank/healer to have a good chance against most teams becasue they simultaneously take advantage of OP sorc heals and barriers to turtle until acid and generally there's nothing the other team can do unless they are very experienced.

It also makes it even more difficult to justify bringing one of the other healers, and frankly you shouldn't have both the strongest heals and strongest utility consolidated into 1 class, leaving operatives at 2nd place and mercs at a very, very distant third.

Stealthing out and waiting to acid to 1v1 is not something that needs to be removed. It's an advantage of their class and they trade-off having certain abilities non-stealth classes have to be advantaged in that situation in a 1v1. If it's 1 stealth vs 3 or 4 people still alive then obviously it's trolling and stupid to sit through but at least you will still win.

Nope, I have won 1V4 to this tactic. SIlly newbs don't know to come for me!

Nope, I have won 1V4 to this tactic. SIlly newbs don't know to come for me!

If that seriously happened those people deserve to lose because this RARELY would ever happen in solo ranked/group ranked. While acid barrier strats are like meta now a days.

Edited by kissingaiur