So upset that Exploiters only getting 10 minute bans

RPHero

Judging by the responses on Redit the 24 to 72 hour suspensions are a joke …. The people who got suspended are just laughing at you Bioware with their (in some cases) billions of credits safely laundered onto alt accounts ..... nothing less than a perma-ban is going to send the correct message

Reddit. People are making lots of claims, and many are showing screenshots of them.

This. The amount of gloating on over there over being able to keep their exploited gains is insane. Enough Picard facepalms to blow up the Enterprise.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Eric said not to exploit... The lesson here is to exploit, spend it all before it's confiscated and BW lets you keep most of it.

Billions of artificial credits and items they're hiding on their alts, if BW wanted to make an example, send every single player that cheated back to zero. Level 0, influence 0, credits 0, alts 0, wipe them clean... That's far more entertaining than any ban.

It's no different really than the person I reported via ticket and on the forums that is teleporting around Rishii to all of the slicing nodes the moment that they spawn. My ticket was closed days ago, but the person still logs in, and is still level 60, and is always on Rishii, everyday.

It's frustrating to know that people cheat but more frustrating feeling like nothing is being done about it.

Edited by Jerqa

Here is my thoughts on the exploit and temp/perma bans handed out.

When the gear exploit came around during the 3.0 update many players received bans according to the severity of their actions. Now some were perma banned and other received 1 week to 1 month bans depending on their actions. I'm guessing this was in the same boat as these bans were but in the 3.0 situation an email was sent out to these players stating any future exploit activities would result in a perma ban which is what led to some players being given a very short temp ban and others being perma banned.

Here is my thoughts on the exploit and temp/perma bans handed out.

When the gear exploit came around during the 3.0 update many players received bans according to the severity of their actions. Now some were perma banned and other received 1 week to 1 month bans depending on their actions. I'm guessing this was in the same boat as these bans were but in the 3.0 situation an email was sent out to these players stating any future exploit activities would result in a perma ban which is what led to some players being given a very short temp ban and others being perma banned.

re: ravagers- i really doubt anyone was permabanned.

i personally knew people that did it over 12 times and some made 100s of millions selling the lockout and they didnt even receive a punishment, nm a ban. the ravagers suspensions seemed to be completely random and short.

bw puffing their chest about action is all for show. they dont actually do much and haven't since the start. the fact they gave out a week suspension for this is pretty groundbreaking for them.

Edited by Pagy

If they go light on the punishments, that is troubling.

I will not comment on what I think the punishments should be....I will leave that to others and Bioware to decide.

as troubling as it is, no one seems to quit over this stuff.

so few players even hear of these exploits. it almost appears to be that bw is at risk of losing more subs to bans than they are to people leaving over light punishments...so they'll go light yet again.

People cheat at all aspects of life, not just vids, just because they cheat or exploit it shouldn't harm your ways in the least unless you're secretly envious

This isn't about people having something others don't. It's about people having something that, by the very nature of them having it, has made it harder on everyone else in the game. This affects the entire economy of the game and will make it harder for people who don't cheat to get money enough to buy things that they want/need in the game. Playing the game as intended becomes less rewarding because of people exploiting.