The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4.03 dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen in win10

reverseclipse

I'm crashing with this same error on average once every ten to fifteen minutes. Rolled back the driver to the version advised, but still crashing with the exact same error. This has only been happening since the most recent patch. I have the latest version of Windows.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uninstall old drivers, Install 347.88

347.88 was the last release before they went to dxgmms2.sys

Enjoy

The problem is, if you're running Windows 10, that won't even show up if you do a search. If you get to that page via a Google search, you will find that Windows 10 is not on the list of supported OS. Though it may very well work, I don't want to take that chance.

I rolled back to 358.87 last week and it seemed to work, but today now I'm back to getting the same problem. I guess it was just luck that I somehow managed to avoid it.

Odd that nVidia is now hosting a KotFE contest and many people are getting this problem. I just installed the new drivers and am keeping my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Annnnnd it's still happening. :(

Edited by Cedia

Installed the 347.88 patch which stopped the BSOD - I had to fight Windows 10 though which was determined to install a later update even though I've opted out of driver updates.

To opt out:-

Right click Windows 10 Icon>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware>Device Installation Settings>No

To hide the nvidia forced updates:-

Windows knowledge base KB 3073930 "How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10"

Hopefully nVidia will sort this ASAP especially as they are running a KOTFE promo at the moment.

interestingly some planets are worse then others. I though that I will be safe if I will not use the taxi, but then got one bsod just by driving on my mount. well if it will keeps happening I will try that old driver. But It is strange that for how wide spread this problem is across multiple games, there is not single official response to this problem from anyone, nvidia, microsoft, game developers.............

Sure would be nice if bioware updated swtor for directx 11 support. I had three of these bsod crashes yesterday. first time my pc has blue screened in years, the first ever on windows 10 and swtor caused the crash using the taxi on alderaan.

Bioware please... directx 9 is obsolete software.

Edited by Xartin

Make them move: cancel your sub (even for a week, even if you still have gametime left)

thats the only thing that will make them correct the problem faster.

Thats what I've done. Not going to pay for a borked game.

Edited by Draksen

For those of you getting the BSOD that have yet to roll back to the 347.88 driver. On the new driver 359.06 or 361.43 do you have an SLI set up and have you tried running the game on the new driver with SLI disabled? If so does it still crash with SLI disabled? I know this defeats the purpose of having SLI but looking at my debug logs and some of the memory errors that's being tossed out it looks to be an issue. I've compiled a report for MS and NVidia both and would just like to get further feed back to add to it if possible. Thanks

For those of you getting the BSOD that have yet to roll back to the 347.88 driver. On the new driver 359.06 or 361.43 do you have an SLI set up and have you tried running the game on the new driver with SLI disabled? If so does it still crash with SLI disabled? I know this defeats the purpose of having SLI but looking at my debug logs and some of the memory errors that's being tossed out it looks to be an issue. I've compiled a report for MS and NVidia both and would just like to get further feed back to add to it if possible. Thanks

I do not have SLI set up.

So I was able to install 347.88, but it is not compatible with Windows 10's Game DVR. So my choice is between crashing or being able to record. Yay.

The bsod crash will still happen if you don't have SLI so consider that SLI is not adding to the chance you will crash.

Make them move: cancel your sub (even for a week, even if you still have gametime left)

thats the only thing that will make them correct the problem faster.

Thats what I've done. Not going to pay for a borked game.

the problem is, seeing, that this error happens in so many other games I am not going to lay a blame on game developers so quickly since the game worked fine. The way I see it is, that probably microsoft changed something and nvidia made some mistake with implementation or did not expected that.

Getting the same error here as well. It is a Microsoft mistake in DirectX.

New guy posting here.

I noticed this problem with the "Fall" update and each update since has failed to solve the issue. I rebuilt my Windows 10 Pro machine and "differed" all updates to keep Win 10 at build 10240. I installed the latest drivers from nVidia (361.43) and I have had NONE of the BSOD that I have had in the past.

I posted a response to revert to 347.88, but I wanted to know why. I have a GTX Titan, I figured hey, my card can handle the current build on Ultra settings, wrong ....

On Alderaan, I couldn't play no longer than five minutes, I was lucky if I made it to the next taxi point.

I did a little troubleshooting. Why was it on some worlds I could play for hours without a single problem, yet others I would crash and burn.

Grass.

Corellia, Tatooine, Hoth, not a single problem why? No Grass.

As soon as I set my graphics settings Grass Quality "0". Problem solved.

I am running the current 361.43 nVidia Drivers, Grass set to "0" and not a single crash since. This is two days of testing, this is not a guarantee, but the CONSTANT crashing are gone.

I posted a response to revert to 347.88, but I wanted to know why. I have a GTX Titan, I figured hey, my card can handle the current build on Ultra settings, wrong ....

On Alderaan, I couldn't play no longer than five minutes, I was lucky if I made it to the next taxi point.

I did a little troubleshooting. Why was it on some worlds I could play for hours without a single problem, yet others I would crash and burn.

Grass.

Corellia, Tatooine, Hoth, not a single problem why? No Grass.

As soon as I set my graphics settings Grass Quality "0". Problem solved.

I am running the current 361.43 nVidia Drivers, Grass set to "0" and not a single crash since. This is two days of testing, this is not a guarantee, but the CONSTANT crashing are gone.

This here seems to fix the dxgmms2.sys BSOD for this title I had a few spots in game that I could get it to crash with this 100 percent of the time and after reinstalling the new drivers and making this adjustment in the graphics settings no more crashes. Thanks for pointing this out BG I'm running an SLI setup myself at least now we can look to which part of the programming is messing with the GPU virtual addressing in WDDM v2 as this is happening in both DX 9 and 11 titles and not just SWTOR.