did they raise how much XP you get from GS matches?

Trevor_the_Bruce

I got on with my lvl 58 a couple days ago before the new patch and I did a couple games with my brother, and we noticed that the XP rewarded after each game just about got us half way towards our next level! I love it! We haven't done GS matches in a long time and it was a welcome suprise! Definitely going to be queing up some more after this. We had a ton of fun playing! Bombers still seem a bit OP, but at least gunships kinda are their opposite so they aren't as bad a issue. I love playing my strike fighter! I have it decked out from when i played GS a ton after GS expansion hit, it still feels like it can do well. My load out is the ion cannons as the main weapon which can be switched to my secondary long distance laser cannons and then I have cluster missiles (might be wrong on the name, but its the quick lock ones).

Anyways, just wondered if they had improved the XP rewards lately cause it sure did feel that way even prior to the new patch. Has anyone noticed what the effect has been on GS XP rewards since yesterday? I'm planning on getting on tonight for some GS, but thought I might get my brother to join in to level up some of his characters if it still is good, so I'd like to know what people in the GS community have noticed. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Trevor_the_Bruce

At one point long ago they raised all of the GSF rewards: requisition, fleet medallions, XP, and credits. For the matches and for the daily and weekly quests. Then later they re-scaled XP gains from repeatable content in many areas of the game, including GSF, according to the current level of the player. The idea was to make it so that any area of gameplay would give a reasonable amount of xp while leveling.

TL; DR version: Yes, twice, but quite a long time ago.

Oh, and welcome back to GSF!

At one point long ago they raised all of the GSF rewards: requisition, fleet medallions, XP, and credits. For the matches and for the daily and weekly quests. Then later they re-scaled XP gains from repeatable content in many areas of the game, including GSF, according to the current level of the player. The idea was to make it so that any area of gameplay would give a reasonable amount of xp while leveling.

TL; DR version: Yes, twice, but quite a long time ago.

Oh, and welcome back to GSF!

Thanks! The matches we played were a lot of fun and it was close up til the time expired. My brother and I were just floored by how much XP you can get now with doing matches. It is nice to see! Glad to see that BW did these adjustments

Originally, each battle awarded Fleet Requisitions = 10% * the Ship Requistions awarded. The Introductory GSF mission awarded 1000 Fleet Requisitions. The daily and weekly GSF missions awarded 750 Ship Requisitions per ship, 2500 Ship Requisitions per ship, and 500 Fleet Requisitions.

In 3.0, those values changed to: 15%, 5000, 938, 3125 and 625.

In 4.0, the XP from the battle, introductory mission, daily mission and weekly mission were increased about 5x.

In 4.0.x, the patch notes mentioned scaling XP from battle based on character level, then scaling daily and weekly missions based on character level, but the difference has not been noticeable to me.

yes, after 4.0 I started a new toon for GSF, he was gaining 1-2 levels per match, I ended up level 41 before getting off of hutta.

This sounds like you didn't pick up the introductory, daily and weekly GSF missions from the PVP terminals...

From what I know. The XP for the daily/weekly quests was the same for all levels when 4.0 hit. So everyone, 10 or 64, got the XP a 65 would have gotten. They changed that to scale with character level because it was too much XP for lower level characters. That was when the daily/weekly missions turned from red to grey with my characters.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate, but I remember someone skyrocketing to level 30ish when playing GSF together.

Edited by Danalon