Jedi Covenant 2v2 Dueling Tournament!

SpikesShayGrass

Jedi Covenant 2v2 Dueling Tournament!

Updated 1/23/2016

Greetings fellow Jedi Covenant players! After several requests from fellow players on JC, I have decided to host a 2v2 Dueling Tournament! Below I have outlined details regarding this player-hosted event.

The event is planned to be streamed at: http://www.twitch.tv/kazukimutoux

When will this exciting event take place? The 2v2 Dueling Tournament is currently scheduled for Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 8:00 PM. Please, make sure you are on time. If it is your team's turn to go, it is expected that you are there. If you are not, you will be forced to forfeit.

What are the rules for this exciting event? To participate, you will need to have a team of two players (More details regarding this below). Medpacs, Adrenals and Grenades of any kind will not be allowed. The use of any of the previously mentioned items may result in either a reset of the duel or removal from the tournament. Also, as a side note, everyone is welcome to come and watch the duels take place; however, we ask everyone to take a mature stance and not interfere with the duel going on or others trying to watch. Interference of a duel or any spectators will result in the removal of your team, if applicable.

Where will this grand spectacle take place? The tournament will take place on Ilum, south of the Gree PvP area, where the old Republic Base used to be back when open-world PvP was a thing. Location

What format will the tournament follow? All teams will be randomly placed into a bracket where the winners will move to the next tier and the losers will be eliminated. Each time a team faces off against another, the winner will be decided by whichever team wins best two duels out of three. Once a player is defeated, the team with two players standing will have won that duel. This is so duels are somewhat quick and interesting to watch.

How do I go about signing up my all-star team up? If you are interested in making a team, please respond to this thread, pm me here, mail Snïper / Maulum (For Imperial Players) or M'aulum (For Republic Players) in-game using the following format:

• Team Name
  • Player 1 - Class of Player 1
  • Player 2 - Class of Player 2
  • Faction

Example:

• Dream Team
  • Maulum - Operative
  • Snïper - Sniper
  • Imperial

Please note the following when creating your team:

Teams may only consist of:

• DPS / DPS
  • DPS / Heals
  • DPS / Tank

This is so matches do not go on indefinitely.

Furthermore, teams may consist of the same class, but both players may not be the same spec. This is to prevent any team compositions considered unfair (Example: 2 Concealment Operatives are not allowed; however, a concealment operative and a lethality operative are fine).

Please make sure the names of the players are spelled exactly as they appear in-game so that there are no issues when it comes time for the tournament. Whatever class you sign up as is the class you have to play. With that said, all roles are allowed to participate. You may not switch disciplines between duels against the same team; however you may switch after you win if you would like.

Prizes:

The prizes will be listed below (Prizes are designed to be shared between the team):

1st Place:

• 2,000,000 credits + 2 Revan's Heir Titles + 2 Expertise Crystals + 4 Cartel Packs + 40% of Pool Credits

2nd Place:

• 1,250,000 credits + 2 Cartel Packs + 30% of Pool Credits

3rd Place:

• 750,000 credits + 20% of Pool Credits

4th Place:

• 10% of Pool Credits

If you would like to donate prizes, please feel free to send them to me and I will set them aside for the victors! Please note that for every team entered I will increase the credit pool by 50,000.

As a final note, this should be a fun event for everyone. Please spread the word and I look forward to seeing you all there!

Pool: 10 Million Credits

Edited by SpikesShayGrass

Winner: Team 9 - Healtude and Seph!

2nd Place: Team 3 - Caro and Dubz

3rd Place: Team 7 - Nild and Gil

4th Place: Team 5 - Xios and Niska

Teams:

Team Apex Taco Pirates (Sat Out)

Snïper - Sniper

Lightning-gurl - Sorcerer

Imperial

Team Platypus

Ectoplasm - Assassin

Invicta - Assassin

Imperial

Team 3

Caro -

Dubz -

Imperial

Team 4

Zouric - Operative

Blade - Operative

Imperial

Team 5

Xios - Operative

Níska - Assassin

Imperial

Team 6

Going - DPS

Retiredpowertech - Tank

Imperial

Team 7

Nilldryck - Mercenary

Gilgamesh - Juggernaut

Imperial

Team 8

Gray - Powertech

Nez - Sorcerer

Imperial

Team 9

Healtude - Operative

Seph - Juggernaut

Imperial

I like the idea, but in a 2v2 there is pretty much no way a good sorc healer is gonna die, so I'd restrict healers tbh.

Level sync on Ilum appears to increase damage done and lower overall healing; however, I will do some further testing especially with sorcerer heals within a day or two and make any changes, if needed.

After some thought, I am going to only allow the following compositions:

• DPS / DPS
  • DPS / Heals
  • DPS / Tank

This will ensure that Tank / Heals matches don't last indefinitely. Furthermore, once one player is beaten, the other team will win that round. This should speed up the process and make it more enjoyable. I will update the op accordingly.

After some thought, I am going to only allow the following compositions:

• DPS / DPS
  • DPS / Heals
  • DPS / Tank

This will ensure that Tank / Heals matches don't last indefinitely. Furthermore, once one player is beaten, the other team will win that round. This should speed up the process and make it more enjoyable. I will update the op accordingly.

Could we do Darkness sin in DPS gear with no guard or just no tank specs in general? Also da *** what if I want to 2v1 :(

What about class stacking? 2 concealment ops or 2 AP powertechs probably = GG thx for coming

This brings up a valid point. I wouldn't normally have a problem with it, but two concealment operatives, as they currently stand, would have way too much control, cc and off-heals when stacked together. Therefore, I think that, in an effort to increase class diversity, not allow a team of same spec classes. With that said, a combination of a lethality operative and concealment operative is fine with me, for example.

Could we do Darkness sin in DPS gear with no guard or just no tank specs in general? Also da *** what if I want to 2v1 :(

As I mentioned in that post, you may bring a tank IFF the other member is a DPS. This is to prevent the possibility of a Tank / Healer versus Tank / Healer match lasting indefinitely. If you would like to demonstrate your awesome 1v2 skills, I would find another player interested in just standing there. :sul_wink:

As a final note, I would like to thank everyone for bringing up these questions/problems. They will allow me to make the most of this event so we can all have the most enjoyable time possible. :rak_03:

After playing around on illum during the Gree event I have some concerns about doing a tournament on a level scaled planet...although I don't know what the alternative would be.

Tanks would be at a disadvantage because of of HP cap limits. I heard Endure Pain doesn't work although I haven't tested it myself.

This gives burst specs an advantage because their damage isn't capped so the crits will be a bigger % of health than it would be if the HP wasn't capped

After playing around on illum during the Gree event I have some concerns about doing a tournament on a level scaled planet...although I don't know what the alternative would be.

Tanks would be at a disadvantage because of of HP cap limits. I heard Endure Pain doesn't work although I haven't tested it myself.

This gives burst specs an advantage because their damage isn't capped so the crits will be a bigger % of health than it would be if the HP wasn't capped

Level sync does present some problems for this for sure. When I came up with the idea for this, I had to decide between Ilum or Tatooine and level sync had a greater effect on Tatooine, which resulted in me picking Ilum. I don't think it is ideal either but it is the best option in my opinion. In the end, I think abilities doing more damage, percentage wise, than they would be doing at level 65 is better in terms of quality of the event so that healers won't be able to keep someone up indefinitely. :)

Also just confirmed that Endure pain does work!

What about dueling in the Zakuul swamps? Thats pretty close to current max level bolster-wise.

I know the whole tradition of of Tatooine and Ilum, I would prefer those as well, but atm Zakuul may be the most "realistic." Up to you, just my 2 cents

The zakuul swap isn't a forced pvp zone (at least to my knowledge) so only imp v pub 2v2s could happen, if 2 teams that both chose imp toons went against each other one team would have to swap to pub alts but what if neither team had pub alts? If a requirement to enter was that you must have the mirror of your class on both sides it could work but would still be kinda annoying having to swap back and forth.

If there was a different answer feel free to correct me :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated the op with teams planning on participating. I encourage everyone interested to sign-up! I will continue to allow people to sign-up till this Friday.

As a side note: For what I assume to be out of spite, someone has advertised a 1v1 tournament the same day and time as this one. I want everyone to know that the 2v2 tournament will still be going on. Thanks to everyone who has signed up and helped out. I really appreciate it!

tbh why not to reschedule it due to 1v1 tournament same date

Because my 2v2 tournament has been scheduled for over a month now and this supposed 1v1 thing had surfaced less than a few days ago.

Edit: If you would like to watch the tournament, but don't want to come out to Ilum, the tournament is planned to be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/kazukimutoux at the time of the event. Thanks!