Time for a break...

mpddispatch

After being subbed every day since the game launched its time to take a break. The game just doesnt hold my interest anymore. I dont hate the game in general, but I'm not fond of the direction it seems to be heading in. I'm not happy with the idea of making this more and more of a single player RPG than it always has been. SWTOR has never really had that group element to it and its even less now that you can solo all the heroics and most of the flashpoints. The only real reason to group anymore is to do operations. Operations, and a few of the flashpoints are the only things you cant do in game without a group. I dont know, it just doesnt feel like an MMO anymore to me, it just feels like a single player game that allows me to chat with other people while playing. I was really hopeful that KoTFE was going to respark some interest, and it did, but it faded pretty fast. After running 3 toons through the content I found myself being a spacebar junkie, which Ive NEVER been. The story is good, but after youve done it 3 or 4 times its just a matter of how quickly you can get through it and start the heroic and companion grind. At this point I dont know when I will come back, if at all. With the time Ive invested in the game and in building an awesome guild it was really difficult to hit that "cancel subscription" button with only 3 days left on my sub. I bid you adieu SWTOR.

Ya, important people...haha.

More and more raid groups are going on hiatus or just straight quitting this game because it is now boring even after having 3-4 toons at full 224 min/max'd. Failware did a real number on themselves with this. They think more ppl will join this game when the movie releases, but thats not even close to true. So GG, they should roll out real content soon if they don't wanna keep bleeding copious amounts of subs.

No game has or ever will be able to satisfy everyone all the time. Most games have their time as the FOTM and then people move on. Always has been that way, always will be that way. I'm afraid you will be let down the rest of your life if you're looking for that perfect game. GL on your quest.

I'm sorry to hear a lot of people leaving just when i came back to the game and subbed a few weeks ago.. I'm still enjoying the game but probably because i still need to paly shadow of revan and kotfe..

Can i have your stuffs :p ?

I hear you, I just unsubbed and uninstalled. So has my circle of friends. But hey it's ok though...they are catering to the important people.

Don't these people know they are literally telling the internet they have nothing better to do than to tell other people on a game forum they are not playing the game anymore?

It's like am I supposed to envy you or pity you?

Don't these people know they are literally telling the internet they have nothing better to do than to tell other people on a game forum they are not playing the game anymore?

If only they were telling the truth, too. Instead, they're just talking out of their nether regions trying (and failing miserably) to bully Bioware into meeting their ridiculous demands rather than those of the "worthless casuals" who are "ruining the game." And I do mean bullying, as I can all but guarantee they're subscriptions are still active and they're probably in the game right this second acting like the elitist jerks they are.

(Big Hint: People who actually quit the game don't bother to keep whining and moaning on the official message forum, too.)

But hey, if you actually did quit, good riddance. The minute handful of people who actually did pale in comparison to the number of people who've come back to the game now that it's actually playable, as opposed to a second job. The fewer elitist jerks around, the healthier the game will be.

Edited by NeuroticCupcake

I'm sorry to hear a lot of people leaving just when i came back to the game and subbed a few weeks ago.. I'm still enjoying the game but probably because i still need to paly shadow of revan and kotfe..

Can i have your stuffs :p ?

It's not A LOT of people just because some come to the forums and say the are leaving. It's all to stir up drama. Just wish them good on their travels and don't pay attention to any of the negative rhetoric. :)

Obviously you care enough to post here... ;):rak_03:

I just canceled my sub, i have a whole month left on it, I will continue to play F2P when the sub time dries up. It just didn't feel worth paying for a few extra toolbars and minor things.

So no you can't have my stuff suckers. :csw_vader:

Time to spend all my credits on stuff before I get credit capped. :D

I just canceled my sub, i have a whole month left on it, I will continue to play F2P when the sub time dries up. It just didn't feel worth paying for a few extra toolbars and minor things.

So no you can't have my stuff suckers. :csw_vader:

Time to spend all my credits on stuff before I get credit capped. :D

Now, see, here's the right attitude. No whining, just pragmatic "I don't think it's worth it right now. If and when I think it's worth it again,I will re-sub." All with a nice big smiley.

and yet you are still able to post here....hmmm......

It's important for people like him to troll the forums of a game he claims he no longer plays. Personally, when I stopped playing DDO and LotRO, I stopped posting in the forums, too. I have nothing to add to the forums of games I do not play.

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's important for people like him to troll the forums of a game he claims he no longer plays. Personally, when I stopped playing DDO and LotRO, I stopped posting in the forums, too. I have nothing to add to the forums of games I do not play.

Now now, we all know it makes them feel all special when people read their posts, rather like people posting a picture of the hamburger they just got from McDonalds on their Facebook page :p

Now now, we all know it makes them feel all special when people read their posts, rather like people posting a picture of the hamburger they just got from McDonalds on their Facebook page :p

Now now now we all know it makes you feel special when people read your posts complaining about people complaining.

Yeah I think I'm done for a while too.

No you can't have my stuff because I plan on coming back some time next year when they hopefully have a couple new chapters (watch them count the HK thing as a new chapter).

The let downs and the poor planning (read companion nerf fiasco) of the game just make it to challenging to have fun.

I don't mean that the game itself is to challenging, I mean trying to figure out what direction they are trying to take the game and the constant nerfing/un-nerfing of things, To PVP or not to PVP (shouldn't be a question) and all that BS.

It just requires too much energy to care about it. It's really not worth it. I'm tired of getting mad about a game. I'll play out my sub, check into things while F2P and hope that things get better.

I'm looking forward to a new era of Star Wars, this one is getting quite Old and has little more to offer me right now.

KOFTE is great,the did a great job,but once again they gave nothing to follow,maybe it is just the limitations of the game etc i guess,but hell EQ2 had expansion with far less members and revenue that were many times the size.

There's only one issue: It seems that those people frankly ignore the impact even a 10% subscriber drop can have on an MMORPG. If ten percent of the playerbase leave this month? Do you think EA won't be upset? Do you think they'll give people the benefit of the doubt. Bioware will be called out on loosing 10% of the games revenue in a week, with substantial budget cuts incoming. Why spend money on a game 10-15% abandon within two months? Bioware would have to come up with some serious ideas about how to keep players.

Judging by their new subscriber promotion and their past history? Letting them come up with it might break it even more.

They think more ppl will join this game when the movie releases, but thats not even close to true.

Wait. We have to make a distinction here.

People will join because of the new movie. The more important question is: Will they stay?

Bioware could attract 100,000 new players for the movie release. But how many of those will become long term subscribers? 10%?

Then add the amount of people who are pondering/have already paused their subscription by now. Bioware is making the mistake of assuming that every new player the movie will attract is a long-time subscriber and loyal customer. Most of those will check the game out, maybe buy a single month or two, then leave again. But at the same time there are countless long-term subscribers and veterans who'll be gone too.

Bioware could have had both fairly easy. The content locusts from the movie, as well as the long-term players. Worst case scenario? Now they'll have neither by the end of february.

and yet you are still able to post here....hmmm......

Your access to the forum runs out during the next maintenance after your last subscriber day. Not immediately. That would be illegal. You paid 12.99€ for the forum access and subscriber access for thirty days. Making it end prior to that without a refund would be illegal.

Edited by Alssaran

I support you OP!

Although i am not quitting because I play really slow, as i usually only get about 6 hours of play time a week if i am lucky and i still have a lot of stuff for me to do in this game that i enjoy (PVP being my favorite lately), i do not choose to play the MMORPG genre to only play solo. If i wanted just a story game i would try out and play fallout or elder scrolls for that (both games i have never played).

So the point is i feel for the OP and other players like the OP who are very affected by this new direction the game has taken. And i am a little afraid of the impact it will have on the game for the months to come.

(And for the record and so this post is not all bad, i did very very much enjoy the KOTFE story none the less!) ^_____^

Edited by kevinatorz

KOFTE is great,the did a great job,but once again they gave nothing to follow,maybe it is just the limitations of the game etc i guess,but hell EQ2 had expansion with far less members and revenue that were many times the size.

The difference is, EQ2 mattered to SOE...SWTOR doesn't matter to EA.