US competitive PvP server

Skillbie

You use WAR in your example. In WAR, there were plenty of small guilds dedicated to zerg busting. You could quite realistically take on groups 4 or 5 times your owns size in that game.

Kind of a bad one to use as an example. SW:TOR is designed fundamentally differently of course, but it has been proven time and time again that unorganized zergs of idiots can and will fall to much smaller groups.

I played on Dark Crag on Destruction from start to finish. There were no squads of guys who were breaking up anything during the Ruin period of the server. We used to take a keep, fully upgrade it, and get warning messages about there being over 200 people taking a Keep when our Alliance (the main Destro Alliance at the time) only had 40 people on total.

Now we did get some small victories here and there and did disrupt things from time to time (and had a blast). The most effective methods came from swapping zones (IE: They try to flip Elf, we go to Greenskin) basically denying them kill VP. However those few times did not represent the majority of the server experience. Inevitable city burned on a near 24/7 rotation between Ruin and the Chinese groups in the morning hours.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty funny watching you go down the boards, taking random names and trying to save face. I couldn't have made you look worse myself (other than by dominating you so hard ingame, which I did)

Yeah, I did some back peddling bc I spoke too soon. I really didnt look at the scoreboard hard enough after you posted it. It took a minute to figure out what game that was.

But I can't see how you were dominating me so hard in game since that basically was the only game I ever remember you scoring high. I know you couldn't 1v1 me bc I was an Op and youre a BH. I do remember in other HBs that you were a pretty easy target to take down, regularly.

Maybe you had reb alts? What were their names?

Edited by Nyghoma

100v200 is easy. It's actually easier the more numbers you add, as long as you keep the ratios even.

No, it's really not. It's pretty standard math. The amount of damage it takes to kill a player remains static while the amount of damage that people deal continues to grow. You have to go through more bodies, but fundamentally because the damage is still there the 200 will kill far more of the 100 than the 200 can meaningfully wipe out.

There's plenty of ways an opportunistic player could excel beyond belief in that environment (picking off stagglers, finding people who wandered off from the pack, etc) but any illusions about who ends up winning the war are all in your head.

I mean hey, you could kill 1000 people to 1 death...doesn't mean much if your side loses.

In every MMO there's a culture of players who form self-sustaining cliques, where every member talks about how great all the other members are. In truth, none of them are any good, and that becomes evident when they actually go up against people who aren't in their clique--and get annihilated.

looks like you're the king of your own little clique :)

Not really. Me and my guild were pretty open minded about all players on our server. We actively scouted for talent, whether it was imp or reb. We were pretty impartial about who we thought were really good. I thought there were quite a few good rebel players that we went up against. It really wasnt a click mentality. After lines of communication were opened up, then I could see click potential.

Edited by Nyghoma

No, it's really not. It's pretty standard math. The amount of damage it takes to kill a player remains static while the amount of damage that people deal continues to grow. You have to go through more bodies, but fundamentally because the damage is still there the 200 will kill far more of the 100 than the 200 can meaningfully wipe out.

There's plenty of ways an opportunistic player could excel beyond belief in that environment (picking off stagglers, finding people who wandered off from the pack, etc) but any illusions about who ends up winning the war are all in your head.

I mean hey, you could kill 1000 people to 1 death...doesn't mean much if your side loses.

How is it standard math? You can't math pvp buddy...

Anyway, Nyghoma is a nonfactor. I think we learned that today.

Not really. Me and my guild were pretty open minded about all players on our server. We actively scouted for talent, whether it was imp or reb. We were pretty impartial about who we thought were really good. I thought there were quite a few good rebel players that we went up against. It really wasnt a click mentality. After lines of communication were opened up, they I could see click potential.

bad players are awed by bad players because they don't know any better. This isn't new.

ps: CLICk

Yeah, any math involved in predicting how PvP turns out is anything but basic. And your completely wrong.

What if the 100 are in a fort, and theres only 1 way into said fort, the 200 are going to have to go thru that one entrance where your only going to have like 50 guys having the LOS to even do damage at a time.

Also, skill and organization... 200 people is a zerg, your probably terrible at the game and relying completely on numbers... the 100 people side has 20 Sages, They take 100 of your guys out of the fight with AOE CCs... numbers are equal, you get pwned by the superior skilled force.

A TON of other scenarios could play out... basic math doesn't compute with PvP, ever. And your not very knowledgeable to suggest that it does.

Edited by TPBHatchet

Thats me! I go by Zin these days, well in Rift I did and will here if it isn't taken.

How is your old crew doing? I can't remember the guy who worked for aflac, is he still around?

Holy sh*t! Long time no see bud! Still have a few of the old crew in tact. I dragged them over to AoC after Lotro and we took over Stormrage til it exploded. After that half the guild went with me and half the guild formed a group called Epeen. Epeen allied up with Republic Justice on Helm and my guys came over to Anchorhead with me.

Attila was the Aflac guy. He's not going play this game though bc of r/l issues.

Dang, I remember you being the best Burg on our server. If you decide to roll on Anchorhead you should look us up at www.Brutality-swtor.com. We gathered up all the pvp talent from the beta's pvp server and rolled it up into one guild.

I promise I won't kick ya this time!:p

Edited by Nyghoma

bad players are awed by bad players because they don't know any better. This isn't new.

ps: CLICk

Faction, you start this melee with a SS of a scoreboard of a pug vs a pug as "proof" of Brutality premades getting rolled. Even though my guildie was pocket healing you. And you expect ppl to take you seriously? The only thing you were known for in the beta for was a forum troll under your Nahman account. Your doing the same thing on these forums. All bark, no bite. I'm sure you saved that SS bc it was the highest dmg you did in a wz. Guess what friend? Good players were doing over 400k dmg.

Don't make me direct DM beta players to this thread to point our your faux chest pounding, it will shame you. Im sure DM pvpers will get a good laugh out of it.

Edited by Nyghoma

Faction, you start this melee with a SS of a scoreboard of a pug vs a pug as "proof" of Brutality premades getting rolled. Even though my guildie was pocket healing you. And you expect ppl to take you seriously? The only thing you were known for in the beta for was a forum troll under your Nahman account. Your doing the same thing on these forums. All bark, no bite. I'm sure you saved that SS bc it was the highest dmg you did in a wz. Guess what friend? Good players were doing over 400k dmg.

Don't make me direct DM beta players to this thread to point our your faux chest pounding, it will shame you. Im sure DM pvpers will get a good laugh out of it.

I'm not even sure why I'm wondering this, but are you OP or Sniper Nyghoma?

lmao, now it's a pug

save face, brother

at least you owned in LOTRO... I always get a laugh out of the things randoms bring up in these arguments. People who can barely control their character who spam queued Warzones in a beta, playing 99% of their games against teams of level 10s and somehow convincing themselves that they're great players. Amazing. At least you're avoiding the servers with real competition so you won't be brought back down to earth.

"I grinded boring Warzones against pugs of low levels for a month, so i'm kind of good" -Nyghoma

Edited by CHRISGG