Clarion Christmas! - Jedi Covenant, 6 PM EST Saturday December 26th

FlavivsAetivs

NOTICE: DATE CHANGED TO DECEMBER 20th

So since our first event was fairly successful, we're putting together another one!

RULES: Only Clarions. Please try to have only one ship (Clarion) in your bar too.

WHERE: Jedi Covenant, December 20th, 6 PM EST (11 PM GMT). We plan to go until about 12 AM Midnight EST (5 AM GMT). Try and be there early!

We're giving fair notice so you can grind to a high-level or mastered Clarion for the event.

TEAMSPEAK: Secforce Squadron Teamspeak Server will be available. Info provided at event.

FACTION: Well you can only fly a Clarion on pub side...

VOTE: Like last time, the best player will be picked by popular vote. Mail your vote to Eudoxia in-game when you leave for the night.

PRIZE: 3 Million, one VX-9 Mailoc, and one Grand Starfighter pack.

Will probably give out some little prizes (Gas Canisters, speeders, etc.) for the other participants (we need to clear out our guild bank too lol).

*** Note: I automatically disqualify myself from winning as event organizer (and best Clarion pilot on Jedi Cov). :p ***

I expect to see lots of pretty blue protorp blasts!

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I expect to see lots of pretty blue protorp blasts!

but how much will actually hit? :)

But pretty funny idea will Clarion night - I guess I will attend to it :) Also, it is nice to see events somewhere else than Lagbringer...

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Yeah I've thought about that too, maybe move it to the weekend before?

~ Eudoxia

My suggestion would be to move it to the weekend before AND start later in the evening. As it stands now with a 6pm eastern start time, this is the earliest start time I have ever seen for any GSF event on any server, and I think attendance will suffer for it.

Well I'm trying to make it conducive to the Europeans. Remember though it runs till like midnight.

~ Eudoxia

Gotcha. I was thinking the original end time was around 10pm eastern (12am eastern works much better). BTW - you might want to fix your midnight end time to actually be midnight, "am" not "pm", or you could go for 11:59pm end. :D

Edited by Enurrsha

I just assumed it lasted until noon the next day. 18 hours of clarions...a clarathon?

It would be awesome if we could get the devs to turn off the tdm timer just for tomorrow, then we could just have 1 continuous all-Clarion TDM from 6pm until noon Sunday. Well it might end sooner, I imagine it would depend entirely on just how many PDies happen :eek:

I just assumed it lasted until noon the next day. 18 hours of clarions...a clarathon?

LOL! Clarathon, that's what our next Clarion night will be called! :D

+1 Internetz to you sir.

I fixed the time. Also I bumped it up to the 19th so it's more conducive to those going away for Christmas.

Was trying to teach Traesha how to fly one today. She's sweet but stubborn, lol. :p

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

You changed the date, and it now clashes with our strike night http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=855839. Also, you never updated the title of your post.

I did update it, it won't change for some reason.

And yeah I know it will clash with SL Strike night. If Siraka or Vexxial gets on JC I'll talk to them about it.

~ Eudoxia

And yeah I know it will clash with SL Strike night. If Siraka or Vexxial gets on JC I'll talk to them about it.

~ Eudoxia

Wow, yeah forget these guys. Let's just support SL strike night. Why should we support someone that would knowing do something like this?

I didn't know at first, but I do now. I'm moving it to Sunday the 20th (people have complained events are always on Saturday anyways).

Don't assume we're trying to purposefully interfere with the SRW event. They're in our guild and fly on Jedi Cov.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Event is over now and my group was trying to figure out who we would cast our votes for. Someone suggested that the next event should have the rewards be randomized as a raffle. Many of us felt it was hard to vote when we knew there we so many people we didn't get to fly with or against through out the night.

I suppose you could tally participants via mail, but it might be difficult. Maybe an attendance sheet or something through the GSF chat?

Edited by Kinsha

I did that, yes. Everyone who flew I have an attendance sheet of. It's part of how I do the votes.

Confirmed attendees:

Traesha, Linatabor, I'rys, Kassie, Orrunell, Rakun, Ekyn, Calkege, Mierin (Graendhal), Chopre, Sinnednav, bruno'stachel (Nixyera), Tobiasfunke, Rogstar, Jakkie'mad, Ric-sco, Beekay-nomad (Enurrsha), Blueghostleader, Blueghost'four, Artrigo, Skye'charrin

We also had several I guess you could say "unofficial" attendees who were random players kind enough to fly Clarions or at least strike fighters in matches where we asked them too.

Overall it was a great success. We had only a couple matches of Clarions (or at least as close to all Clarions as we could get), but we did have several matches where our team of 100% Clarions was annihilating the imperial BLC scouts and Gunships and Bombers. We pissed them off real bad last night (as someone remarked it's like killing your enemy with a spoon).

http://imgur.com/nUXCBvB

The winner of the event was Rakun, by popular vote, with the runner up being I'rys. Thanks to everyone who participated.

We might do a raffle next time. Not sure how to, I guess put all the names into a hat and pick one at random.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

That was a lot of fun last night, I hadn't really thought about it before but the constant repairs really helped survivability. We did a lot better than I thought we would against those imps. I think the only losses were in the Clarion vs Clarion matches.

They were also unable to form up into their dumb little gunship/bomber walls because we kept them disorganized.

Houel was running around in a BLC scout later on, but he was a nuisance at best.

The blue protorp flashes were like fireworks. Was funny watching like 3 hit the same guy.

~ Eudoxia