<Penumbral> - "The Light in the Shadows" (RP - EMPIRE)

Luniara

With so many dedicated, talented and hilarious individuals, Penumbral offers a friendly community where you can simply come and relax while still being offered something to do! As we reach towards our third year as a guild, we would love to have you as part of our community.

Come check us out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The focus on Penumbral is community and working together. Focusing on every aspect of the game we work for the benefit of our community and the members it consists of in order for a more engaging and frankly fun time playing this game. Event organization and keeping up activity are central to this and that is where our guild shines.

• 2 weeks later...

Penumbral celebrated our 3rd anniversary at the beginning of the month and through all the various excitement of new games that are out, we still manage to get together and have a good time in our community. It has been an amazing time with this big group of folks, new and old and I couldn't ask for a more kinder place to log in every day.

If you're looking for a calm, casual and easy-going atmosphere where we prefer quality before quantity, check Penumbral out. We are heavily RP oriented and with a bit of fun in PVP and PVE as well!

http://www.penumbralguild.com

Penumbral is a guild originated from another guild, three years ago, whose dogma and roleplaying were set firmly in the premise of being a fanatical Imperial splinter group loyal to the Empire and the Sith. We had some great roleplaying, but it was limiting in what I could do as its RP officer.

When I helped found Penumbral, one of our priorities wasn't just to keep delivering high quality roleplaying for our membership but expand on it. We want to roleplay, but we don't want to roleplay just Dark Side or Imperial and their allies. We want to roleplay with EVERYBODY. The theory was when you get enough characters together from differing backgrounds you can take the RP experience to another level.

The theory was right!

Officially neutral Penumbral has taken the popular stance among fans that neither the Dark Side or Light Side is the answer - and that neither the Republic or Empire are all they say there's cracked up to be. Playing the long game in a fleet that never stops moving - we are a home for just about everybody to come and park their RP character and experience exciting roleplay that you don't normally find in other places.

Throw in that while SWTOR isn't on its high note Penumbral's RP has NEVER been stronger. Organized weekly RP happening nearly every night from both our RP dept and the membership, if you want to roleplay Penumbral is the place.

Dark Side, Light... Ya know what? Good guy or bad guy or someone who's a splattering of both, welcome to Penumbral.

I really cannot say enough about this guild. The leadership is close knit and very well put together, and the RP team is fantastic. There are plenty of opportunities for new people to quickly get pulled into tons of RP. The atmosphere is quite fun, and the members are a pleasure to be around. I have been with the guild for 2 years, and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Come and see for yourselves.

Penumbral is currently seeking dedicated individuals willing and wanting to raid lead as well as folks wishing to participate in raids. If you are interested, please stop by our website and fill our an application.

While we have removed scheduled progression raiding due to the lack of new content, we encourage members to form groups and have fun in the content still around (bugs permitting).

As we move into June, looking back at the busy month of May (finals, graduations, training, etc) Penumbral not only kept up its weekly organized RP but took it to the next level.

Monday RP: 9PM EST

Tuesday RP: 6PM EST

Friday RP: 9PM EST

Saturday night freeform RP

Ebon Hawk Server RP events

Our guild's mission to not only hold multi-weekly events but to teach new members how to take the initiative and create events of their own. That's right, not only to assist with character development but how to generate RP stories and take it from the forums and into the game; including how to Game Master with the D20 system and use immersive story telling.

This month we completed training and expanded our Game Master ranks of four new Game Masters who can not only RP but write an RP outline and lead it in game. These aren't officers or senior guild member but regular members who can have the opportunity to explore Star Wars RP as what we in Penumbral believe it is meant to be.

One of the biggest reasons to play SWTOR is it's RP potential; wouldn't you like a guild that lives up to that potential?

For more information check out our website here at http://www.PenumbralGuild.com

Penumbral is more than a guild, it's a community. And over three years I've seen it continue to grow and accept new members into our family.

We aspire to be great RPers, great story writers, and proud PvPers - but that's only half the picture. The other half is how welcome and tight knit our group is. That kind of stable foundation allows for a warm and comforting place to find friends that are there for each other both in game and in real life.

That part of a guild doesn't often get advertised in recruitment threads, but it is certainly true in Penumbral's case and is a driving reason why our guild has the longevity and reputation it does.

For more information check out our homepage: http://www.penumbralguild.com

In the three months I have been with Penumbral, they have been awesome to me. They are a great community, with a lot of variety and interesting RP, which is made by its own members. And they are an open guild to all kinds of people. PvPers, PvEers, casual RPers, hardcore RPers... There's all kinds of players, and it's a fun environment to be part of.

The community is full of great people, the RP is interesting, organized, and fun, and there is always something to do. It's a good guild for anyone. Join at http://www.penumbralguild.com

Edited by Dark_Katoptrys

• 2 weeks later...

Our guild is going strong, running two organized pvp nights a week and three organized rp events a week - plus copious amounts of both on a nightly basis. Guildies are encouraged and take the initiative to roleplay and fight in warzones any time of the day and take advantage of that.

For more information checkout our website at: http://WWW.PENUBMRALGUILD.COM

Penumbral offers a steady solid place for RP, PvP and regrowing some PvE for interested members. With multiple nights dedicated to PvP and others for RP, everyone is welcome to come and enjoy themselves in a welcome and well-established guild. Friday nights are the lore Meta RPs that everyone come to further the storyline of the guild.

Come and check out the website at: WWW.PENUBMRALGUILD.COM

• 2 weeks later...

Organized weekly RP that not only has our Roleplaying Officers involved but encourages member involvement as well.

If you are looking for a place to not only roleplay in but take it to the next step and contribute stories or game master/dungeon master a roleplay WITHOUT the responsibilities that come with being in leadership - our guild has taken that step!

Regular members have that opportunity and with our multiple weekly roleplaying events that option is always available.

For more information about or RP, PvP, and other FAQ visit our website at: http://www.penumbralguild.com

• 1 month later...

Our promotion ceremony is coming up this weekend!

I look forward to seeing recruits and members move up in our guild!

Remember, those who come get a +1 to your roll for the month of September!

And you, yes you reading this. Moving up in our guild is encouraged! We're always looking for new blood and ideas.

Check us out.

RP Night is tonight! For those that are members, we are continuing our guild's storyline. Tomorrow is also our Social RP Sponsored by Fast Eddie! If you wish to attend tomorrow's RP at 10pm EDT whisper Fast Eddie, and he'll invite you. This event tomorrow is open to Republic and Empire players, so remember to play nice ICly and OOCly.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Penumbral just celebrated a wonderful RP event in the Throne of Blood Masqurade open to the server and look forward to many more RP events in the future with both Guild and Server alike! With strong RP and PvP, this guild serves as a home for an active and friendly community that seeks to have fun. Please stop by our website and see if we might be the perfect fit for you!

• 4 weeks later...

With solid RP 3+ nights a week, PvP 3+ nights and people around to hang with while leveling, Penumbral strives to reach out to all players. This last week the RP Team started a new guild meta story and casual raiding has begun to slowly return for fun Wednesday evenings.

Come and take a look!

It's Tuesday! You know what that means???

PVP NIGHTTT!

Yes, PvP night is a huge thing for Penumbral, as we normal have around 3-4 groups going or more depending on schedules of folks. And then tomorrow is Operations night, where we get you awesome gear. Whooo

Hay i'm Seria and i'd like to take a moment to tell the internet what Penumbral means to me.

i had been with Penumbral for some time before losing my leg to a IED in mid 2015, while on tour in iraq. i had reached the rank of senior in the guild and kept it while i recovered over seas for some months without play. i came back to the UK and continued to play full time, as i was retired from the army having time on my hands.

however shortly after my return i slipped into a 8 month coma from a blood clot to the brain and lung. i woke up in a hospice to find i had lost the sight in one eye, a lung and 3 fingers. not only that id lost half my body weight in the process and could not sit up without help.

once i was home again and told my Penumbral family, the support was overwhelming. they had moved servers and a guildy payed out of his own pocket to move my main from jung ma to Ebon hawk. i had all the MK-9 kits and augments i needed to catch up. i kept my senior rank within the guild.

the support and love i got was better than any online community i have EVER been apart of, and ive played MMOs for 10 years.

they are my Family, i love you Penumbral.

Edited by vyallent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Penumbral is still recruiting interested role players and pvpers. With three nights a week dedicated to RP and two nights dedicated to PvP, there is something for everyone! Penumbral also has a new roll system made specifically for our community! Come check us out NOW!