Rakata Prime in Star Wars Ep VII

Loska

Yeah it was in KOTOR, which is Bioware! which means its been accepted as cannon.

No. See, I don't think you understand how it works. Using a planet, or character, or anything else from a body of work in a new work doesn't automatically make the old work canon. (And it certainly doesn't make it a weapon like a cannon, assault, hand, or otherwise).

The only thing that would make KOTOR, KOTOR 2, SWTOR, or any of the rest of the now Expended Universe canon would be Disney/LucasFilm saying that it was canon.

Edited by tmwfte

No. See, I don't think you understand how it works. Using a planet, or character, or anything else from a body of work in a new work doesn't automatically make the old work canon. (And it certainly doesn't make it a weapon like a cannon, assault, hand, or otherwise).

The only thing that would make KOTOR, KOTOR, SWTOR, or any of the rest of the now Expended Universe canon would be Disney/LucasFilm saying that it was canon.

Ok what you say very well might be right and it doesnt mean anything! you have a fair point but as we already know that kylo Rens lightsaber is based off an old design a relic so to speak that could be Rakata Tech which could mean a tie in for SWTOR, which means on Dec 1st they say SWTOR is in Ep VII and we are getting some movie stuffs :p

Its all guess work I leave it with all of you :)

So many party poopers in this thread. You guys must be a hit at parties, the handful you are invited to.

It is AWESOME that Rakata Prime is mentioned.

Give it time my friends, parts of this timeline will become canon. There are some very interesting characters and lore (Revan, Vitiate, Shan and family, Valkorion, Zakuul, etc) from this timeline that Disney would be foolish not to use.

They are creating new fans with Disney's marketing and Disney knows there is a gaming population that would love to see their games become canon (KOTOR, TOR).

I think it will become canon in this way, "Valkorion / Vitiate an ancient entity has been around for 1000's of years. He was defeated in the Old Republic by a coalition of Republic and Sith heroes. His echoes and teachings are still mentioned by those who study the Dark Side."

Bam, not everything is canon (obviously) but that would be a cool mention.

Expect TOR stuff to be in a book, comic books, or maybe Rebels. I doubt we will get some kind of mention in a movie. But TFA is around corner so who knows! :rak_03:

I've found a map on Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/1zg2deT.jpg

You beat me to it. I was going to post that picture as a better source than the video.

In case you're wondering which subreddit posted the Empire magazine star map clipping

reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3uctiv/look_what_planet_ended_up_on_a_canon_map_of_the/ galaxy from Empire Magazine...

People aren't liking how the map uses Moraband as the new name for Korriban

Korriban, known as Pesegam during the reign of Xim, and also known as Moraband by the time of the Clone Wars
Edited by Falensawino

??

New EU? EU is EU. End of.

Glad Disney eradicated it.

Except, they didn't. They are slowly borrowing most of it back. The map linked in this discussion uses the same locations for planets the EU always has used. That map was never in a movie, so old EU is largely turning out to be true.

Generally, think of it as Disney named it "legends". Most of the stuff is true, but some of the details became very fuzzy over time, just like a real life legend.

I'm extremely happy that KOTOR/SWTOR etc is not regarded as canon. The EU is just some fan made stuff.

I agree, but for a different reason. Namely that being free of canon allows TOR's writers a bit more freedom to do what they want.

Except, they didn't. They are slowly borrowing most of it back. The map linked in this discussion uses the same locations for planets the EU always has used. That map was never in a movie, so old EU is largely turning out to be true.

Generally, think of it as Disney named it "legends". Most of the stuff is true, but some of the details became very fuzzy over time, just like a real life legend.

This is the best way to view canon/non-canon in Star Wars. Nobody is saying certain things never happened for the most part, but this could change as we move forward. For example, I doubt the Vong invasion (or whatever its called) is going to make it. TOR has a chance because its so far back that it being a "Legend" holds true.

I highly expect something from our game besides Ilum to make it into canon. It doesn't mean your ERP smuggler wearing hot pants is canon, just there were "heroes" of hte Republic/Empire who stood up to Zakuul...or something.

Give it time really.

Disney is still releasing books and comics which is essentially creating its own EU for Star Wars.

Not really. The EU was called that because Lucas hdidnt really care about most of it, so long as he got his royalty check. That is why it was called expanded, little Canon oversight, and why they had "Canon rules" that made little sense when you think of what a canon typically is. Here Disney has a creative team that vettes and then says "yes" or "no" to new works.

Most back? We have a planet now... Wow. We had Darth Bane (via TV) but as the new Canon killed the Darth Bane novels and comic appearances so the " Story" of Bane beyond being a Sith and other basics is untold.

Now, again using Bane as an example, if when Bane came in we were told about Lord Hoth, the thought Bomb, the Ruusan Reformation etc I would agree with you. All we have seen to date is that the new writers occasionally take old names and basic concepts. Those didn't make the EU Canon, that is in the details.

Ilum's from the Jedi Quest series of young adult novels, not SWTOR. It also never ceased existing in canon, since it was in the Clone Wars cartoon.

I mean they used the resources from the game to make Ilum, it was in the bonus features in case you missed that. The planet existed before SWTOR, but they used this medium (which is what this thread is about) to help make it. I guess that was hard to infer...

Legends has been in effect what? 1.5 years? Give it time imo. Right now they are building up/around TFA. After that is established they will come back to us.

If they don't, oh well. Its not like many care about their fiction becoming "true" in a piece that is still fiction lol

Edited by JourrnoRush

I mean they used the resources from the game to make Ilum, it was in the bonus features in case you missed that.

What bonus features? What even are you talking about? There's this video --

-- which says that the Starkiller Base probably originates from Ilum, where are you pulling anything else from?

The planet existed before SWTOR, but they used this medium (which is what this thread is about) to help make it. I guess that was hard to infer...

This thread is about Rakata Prime being mentioned in that video via the map published in Empire...

Edited by tmwfte