Would new PvP content revive the PvP servers?

jmdustin

As the thread title says, do you guys think new and good pvp content would revive our loved and now dead PvP servers? Let me know what ya think.

you mean new content as in like actual pvp? yea i think that might help

As the thread title says, do you guys think new and good pvp content would revive our loved and now dead PvP servers? Let me know what ya think.

Since when PvP servers need reviving? Right now i am leveling characters and doing story quests, but before 4.0, basically all i did is world pvp and wzs for more than half a year. Seen no problems. World PvP was alive and even PC wrecking large scale battles were an often enough sight.

(ToFN)

Edited by Kaedusz

I just do not see the OWPvP as something very attractive for a lot of players. To be honest if the flagging process was sorted out, and some serious incentives were put on doing it, PvE servers will do just fine for it and will benefit everyone. Keeping a portion of the PvP population segregated is just silly.

biggest issue is lack of cross server

when the randoms you are queueing w/ don't possess the skill to beat the pre-made or randoms on opposite faction who are queueing, getting steam rolled by the same people w/ the same people over and over isn't really fun... makes me stop queueing till my pvp group gets on so its at least a match. Till they find some way to fix the issue that when you hit re-queue you are getting steam rolled by the same pre-made for 4 hours straight... pvp gonna be dead... so cross server... dilute the pool and make it so re-queueing doesn't pair you off against the same group w/ the same scrubs over and over again...

People who don't want to be steamrolled still won't like to be steamrolled on a new map.

Well, in my opinion, its not losing or getting killed that is the problem, it is fights where you just don't stand a chance, thats what most pvp'ers want, matches where they can never lose, any other event that prevents a 100% chance of always winning, they immediately turn tail and run like cowards.

I can accept getting my butt handed to me in a fight, but as long as i had a fair chance of winning, otherwise, what is the point in fighting a battle that you have no chance of remotely winning? none.

The engine can't handle world pvp.

On Shadowlands.... 2(?) gree events ago there was organized pvp on Illum to work on the achievements and the game quickly sank to sub 10 fps. Granted it was just a big zerg, but I'm running on a system that holds a steady 60 fps in both ops and warzones.

Edited by SirUrza

Content never been an Issue. Balance has,which doesn't exist due to BW's big Ego ^^.

Your usual PvP - Day : Log > Queue > Pop > Oh,4H 2T > #GetR3kt > Re-Q > Pop > Oh,3H1T > #GetR3kt > Re-Q > Pop > Oh,3Sorc-H > #GetR3kt > Re-Q and so on. I forgot to mention the 30k's #INYOFACE and some other nasty shiz.

It wont. The PvP is already a mess. Upcoming patch will make it even worse.

And people are quitting in big numbers already.

Edited by Missandei

Only if the new PVP content was part of a larger commitment from Bioware to start adding more and new PVP content on a regular basis. Then you might start seeing a change in population.

Also I don't think the population is horrible and I do see a healthy amount of new players join the PVP servers. ) I think the problem starts occurring when they are sitting in the Que for hours waiting for a pop and then they decide to change servers hoping for a faster Que.

BOOM!

...headshot.

Seriously, this is the reason, right here: In a world where Open World PvP is completely meaningless, what's the point of having Open World PvP Servers?

Because PVE servers are super lame. There's no edge, no feeling of danger, no thrill in the open world. You could sleep walk through the PVE on a PVE server.

PVE servers will always be a super lame place for the scared players (oh I'm so worried about my flag).

Only if the new PVP content was part of a larger commitment from Bioware to start adding more and new PVP content on a regular basis. Then you might start seeing a change in population.

Also I don't think the population is horrible and I do see a healthy amount of new players join the PVP servers. ) I think the problem starts occurring when they are sitting in the Que for hours waiting for a pop and then they decide to change servers hoping for a faster Que.

Its not a PvP content that slows down the fun. The main reason people are leaving PvP is the lack of COMPETITION.

There is no such thing as leaderboards, subtiers, tournaments etc.. Ranked is not availible for F2P players and there is no point to sub while PvP is supervised by the Bioware Accounting Department.

So basically PvP ends when you gear up your alt to full. There is no further incentive to do PvP.

Edited by Missandei

NO Not a thing will the servers are broken there is really no point to play there at all. No open world just a bunch of peps queuing. You can do that anywhere. Also with no cross server ques your never going to get enough people to stay to revive the server .