authorization: artifact equipment

ibervang

As I remember, you will need that to buy only if you are not a subscriber...but won't get through lvl 50,so as BW intend for all to subscribe...it's more likely not to need it acquired. :)

What has the level got to do with it? Non-subscribers can't equip artifact gear. The level 51+ exception has been removed, according to reports. Subscribers don't know, non-subscribers can't post.

Maybe the question is better asked on Reddit.

I also have a F2P account. Without authorization unlock. The system is buggy right now. Some purple >L50 gear is usable, but a lot isn't.

And as for <L50, even some orange gear is unavailable, including at least one class story reward! And a lot for some reason says "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" required. Most purple L10 +41 crystals are usable, but a few aren't.

But back to OP:

In general: Artifact Unlock (which only non-subs need) will unlock all purple gear. Loot drops, rewards, bought off GTN. When it works right that is.

What it WON'T unlock is case (green, blue, purple, irridescent puce ...) rewards. So all of that nice FP, Heroic, etc gear that comes in cases, that post-4.0 game is based on? F2P and Pref can't access it :(

In general: Artifact Unlock (which only non-subs need) will unlock all purple gear. Loot drops, rewards, bought off GTN. When it works right that is.

Thank you! :)

What it WON'T unlock is case (green, blue, purple, irridescent puce ...) rewards. So all of that nice FP, Heroic, etc gear that comes in cases, that post-4.0 game is based on? F2P and Pref can't access it :(

Do you get the alliance boxes but can't open them, or don't you get them at all?

Edited by nimmerstil

Do you get the alliance boxes but can't open them, or don't you get them at all?

Sorry, don't know the answer to that one as the toon that has KotFE access is still subbed. But that would really suck if those locked boxes aren't accessible as that's the primary Alliance grind mechanic. I'm expecting (hoping?) BW realized this and made them open to Prefs who have KotFE access.

Anyone check?

Sorry, don't know the answer to that one as the toon that has KotFE access is still subbed. But that would really suck if those locked boxes aren't accessible as that's the primary Alliance grind mechanic. I'm expecting (hoping?) BW realized this and made them open to Prefs who have KotFE access.

Anyone check?

I'll know tomorrow evening, but will not be able to post about it here, so it has to be on Reddit.

If they wanted to force people to subscribe then this would be a method. Not nice though, and I am hoping they are not going to make people subscribe just to be able to grind influence for the next chapters.

Edited by nimmerstil

I'll know tomorrow evening, but will not be able to post about it here, so it has to be on Reddit.

If they wanted to force people to subscribe then this would be a method. Not nice though, and I am hoping they are not going to make people subscribe just to be able to grind influence for the next chapters.

I suspect that this is the case, and am only surprised that this is the first time I've seen the possibility mentioned here. Non-subs playing Bounty Hunters can't even claim the bounty reward boxes from their class story missions, so I find it entirely plausible that the dev team would overlook (or leverage!) this issue.

I look forward to seeing your results on Reddit.

What has the level got to do with it? Non-subscribers can't equip artifact gear. The level 51+ exception has been removed, according to reports. Subscribers don't know, non-subscribers can't post.

Maybe the question is better asked on Reddit.

i'm a preferred player and i can post.

The Alliance crates still work. You can't, however, buy any of the 208 or above crystal gear without the authorization.

Yay, thanks! Way to go Bioware! :jawa_biggrin:

I am ok with the 208+ commendation gear not being available. SoR 192 and crafted (200?) should suffice for story and most Heroics and Flashpoints.

Out of curiosity, assuming you have authorization on one character, could you use him to transfer mods from the 208 comms gear to legacy shells and use these on other characters? Or from purple GTN mods?

Edited by nimmerstil