*Possible Spoilers* The Emperor Controlling the Agent

Dustalie

So those who've played the Imperial Agent have generally been brainwashed so they can never be controlled (As proven when SCORPIO fails to control the Agent)

However in the Fallen Empire, the Emperor has moments where he can control the Agent and although it hasn't happened yet, I assume the Emperor's going to take full control of the hero at the end of the expansion, which should be impossible... because of mind control immunity...

Just saying....

The Agent is immune to mind-controlling chemical and drugs, or at least certain ones. Such things are insignificant compared to the power of the Force. :)

Bah, the Force isn't that great. As an Imperial Agent i've kicked the Forces *** tons of times xD

In my opinion, the Emperor hasn't really controlled us yet. He has appeared to us, and given us the choice. If he was in control, we would have used his power regardless of our choice.

Furthermore, the current situation is a bit different than our class story....

Previously, we were controlled by chemical manipulation that was reversed by said chemicals. When it comes to Valkorion, his force literally entered our bodies. If you have played the Sith Inquisitor story, it's kind of like Khem/Zash.

I'm not sure about taking full control, yet. I do believe this is where "choice matters" comes into play. Kneel, and or, use the power then he eventually takes over. Defy and refuse to use the power, he doesn't take over.

In my opinion, the Emperor hasn't really controlled us yet. He has appeared to us, and given us the choice. If he was in control, we would have used his power regardless of our choice.

Except...

If you accepted Valkorion's offer of his power during the first two times (to save Lana and to beat up Heskal), but then refuse him when fighting Arcann, he will FORCE his power on you and take control against your will. That is really worrying me.

• 2 weeks later...
Bah, the Force isn't that great. As an Imperial Agent i've kicked the Forces *** tons of times xD

Yet, not Jadus (who is weaker than the Emperor) none of the Council he could very well oppose (even one on one, and hasn't attempted to use spy/assassin skills to take them out one by one) and takes it like a little ***** when Marr tells the Agent flat out they can't be in charge of the Intelligence branch of the Empire because they're weak. :p

So those who've played the Imperial Agent have generally been brainwashed so they can never be controlled (As proven when SCORPIO fails to control the Agent)

However in the Fallen Empire, the Emperor has moments where he can control the Agent and although it hasn't happened yet, I assume the Emperor's going to take full control of the hero at the end of the expansion, which should be impossible... because of mind control immunity...

Just saying....

well taking control was my 1st thought but its so cliche and predicitble that i hope it wont happen... i could accept like my hero killing someone because of it (like Beniko... yeah burn in hell Lana!) or whatever. but dont go this road BW im beginn ya!

Yet, not Jadus (who is weaker than the Emperor) none of the Council he could very well oppose (even one on one, and hasn't attempted to use spy/assassin skills to take them out one by one) and takes it like a little ***** when Marr tells the Agent flat out they can't be in charge of the Intelligence branch of the Empire because they're weak. :p

If IA is so weak why is he alive and the head of a army and Marr well a ghost?

If IA is so weak why is he alive and the head of a army and Marr well a ghost?

As much as Marr came across as one of the most reasonable Sith around, he was still a Sith. He still supported a philosophy where Force users fight to the death for scraps of power and everyone else is worthy only to be a slave. There could have been any number of people more qualified than Lana to head the new Intelligence, from the player Agent to the old Minister, but they weren't Sith, and therefore they were not worthy.

As much as Marr came across as one of the most reasonable Sith around, he was still a Sith. He still supported a philosophy where Force users fight to the death for scraps of power and everyone else is worthy only to be a slave. There could have been any number of people more qualified than Lana to head the new Intelligence, from the player Agent to the old Minister, but they weren't Sith, and therefore they were not worthy.

We don't really know whether Marr chose Lana based on her qualifications or because she's Sith. We've never seen him have a problem with non-Sith, though.

His justification for putting Lana in charge of Sith Intelligence if the Agent expresses displeasure with it is "The point of Sith Intelligence is that it is overseen by Sith,"

So, yes, while Darth Marr may respect the Agent's capabilities enough to basically give them the same treatment as the Emperor's Wrath ("Go do whatever you want as long as it doesn't conflict with the Dark Council...of which I am basically in charge of now"), he's committed to having a Sith at least nominally in charge. His exact motives for that are a little tricky to pin down in my opinion since the Imperial Agent really doesn't get a chance to discuss a lot of their major story developments with him.

Is Darth Marr really just doing it purely because of a Sith Supremacy ideology? The Star Cabal got Imperial Intelligence disbanded in the first place by essentially framing it for incompetence, could Darth Marr just think it needed reform? That one might hinge on what you did with the Black Codex that would explain everything...but that thing hasn't been mentioned since the Class Story. Are there political considerations behind it, and Darth Marr is more doing it to throw the other Sith a bone while in practice Lana is probably very, very open to any suggestions the Agent makes?

Who knows?!

And on the Jadus front, the Imperial Agent was basically fighting someone more powerful than either the Sith Warrior or Inquisitor's final bosses...by Act 1. And holding their own long enough for Watcher 2's plan to kick in one way or another. So, yeah, by the time Shadow of Revan rolls by, I highly doubt being Lana Beniko's inferior in combat was Darth Marr's reason for putting her in charge. Especially since running an Intelligence service generally doesn't revolve around how hard you personally can hit someone in the face.

His justification for putting Lana in charge of Sith Intelligence if the Agent expresses displeasure with it is "The point of Sith Intelligence is that it is overseen by Sith,"

Oof. I shoulda challenged Marr a bit more, then. Boo on you, Marr!

Why do you assume weak equals useless?

It's what Marr thinks that matters in this case. It's probably not about "power" in the sense of fighting ability or suchlike, but in some way or other a Sith is automatically better than a non-Sith. It's the same reason a Sith has to be in overall control of every sphere of Imperial affairs, regardless of whether they're the best qualified for that job.

It's what Marr thinks that matters in this case. It's probably not about "power" in the sense of fighting ability or suchlike, but in some way or other a Sith is automatically better than a non-Sith. It's the same reason a Sith has to be in overall control of every sphere of Imperial affairs, regardless of whether they're the best qualified for that job.

I'd argue most Sith put in charge of their area are generally one of the best picks (maybe not THE BEST PICK, but one of the best) and if they aren't generally removed quickly by someone who is. Jadus's daughter I believe doesn't last (but I don't recall at the moment) when she inherits the position by bloodline rather than earning it.

Pretty much as others have said, the Agent's deprogramming prevents control from brainwashing and chemical agents, but we're talking about a malevolent eldritch abomination here.

What I really want to know is why the possibility of the Inquisitor binding the Emperor's spirit is never brought up.

Yeah, I know, Vitiate is probably way too big for the Inquisitor to handle that way, but the question seems to never even be asked. One of the few real problems I have with a one-size-fits all story that is KotFE.

I'd argue most Sith put in charge of their area are generally one of the best picks (maybe not THE BEST PICK, but one of the best) and if they aren't generally removed quickly by someone who is. Jadus's daughter I believe doesn't last (but I don't recall at the moment) when she inherits the position by bloodline rather than earning it.

But they'll only be replaced by another Sith. The best Sith for the job, maybe, but not necessarily the best person for the job overall.

Even if they have the ability, any given Sith has been trained to betray and seize advantages over their own supposed allies. That is not a good trait to have in the person who's running your intelligence service.

Jadus and Baras were noted as great Sith spymasters, and both betrayed the Empire in a bid to seize power for themselves. That's not a coincidence. It's what Sith do.

Just saying....

Remember - in Fallen Empire, the only times that the Emperor can control you is when you let him. Let's face it - if he could assume control against your will, he'd do so. Planet-eating abominations are not, as a rule, known for respecting the mental integrity of their hosts - which means he can't do it unless you agree to it.

This is borne out by what

Arcann

says after he

fights you on Asylum

:

"I felt Father's power. It's...weaker."