Please reduce the required number of pvp matches to get certain companions in KotFE

Lunafox

I'd rather they didn't have the pvp requirement at all to get the comps, it sucks, but I suppose in the interest of compromise, I think like others have said, 5 matches, win or lose, both count, would be fair. They might get people to try it, or at least suffer through it.

In all honesty, I'd rather relieve myself of a body part than pvp. I hate it. I'd rather not do it, but I don't want to lose out on what Theron might ask next of me...that's cutting into my story fun. So I do hope they'll compromise and if not remove out right, or give us some other option like hunting 20 of something like we did for Qyzen, then a reduction to about 5.

Please Bioware, give those of us who aren't into PVP other options to get the comps you've gated behind pvp content.

If not another method, like hunting 20 of something...then a reduction to say 5 pvp matches, that count, win or lose.

Thanks.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please this. Bioware, you do realize that the PvP'ers don't want us carebear story casuals dragging them down anyway, right?

I know you probably thought that you are rewarding players who do PvP content.

But let me tell you, you are dooming them to endless matches with people like me who have no idea how to PvP running around until by the luck of the draw I finally qualify for my companions.

Everyone loses.

But let me tell you, you are dooming them to endless matches with people like me who have no idea how to PvP running around until by the luck of the draw I finally qualify for my companions.

Everyone loses.

To be fair, this describes 50% of Imp and 90% of Pubside who PvP daily and before comp quests on JC. :)

Edited by FerkWork

I think the best to hope for is a way to say "No" to Pierce/4X and bypass any potential "gate" they may present.

It would be ideal to get rid of the gate all together. I don't want to pvp, I don't feel like I should have to, if I hate it. I play the game to have fun.

I wish they would see what an exercise in misery it is for some people. I just hope they haven't got someone good behind their stupid restriction. :/ Or that it doesn't end interaction with Theron, just because I don't want to pvp.

Edited by Lunafox

It would be ideal to get rid of the gate all together. I don't want to pvp, I don't feel like I should have to, if I hate it. I play the game to have fun.

Yes, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. This is one in a long series of "enticements" to get people to do WZs. This one is the most poorly though-out.

Hey - left of field I know.

Don't attempt to get this companion?

Realise you're not entitled to everything that appears in the game and move on?

You have entirely and utterly failed to grasp the issue. The issue is "What if they gate something behind Pierce/4X?" I think it is unlikely they will do so (although Eric Musco made a post that seemed like it implied that it was possible), but that is the concern.

That's why the solution should be "Let people say no to the companion and remove any possible 'gate'."

I'd rather have more companions have pvp requirement than not. Especially for that pesky Qyzen Fess.His world bosses are really a drag. However i approve because this just makes things less bland and have more spice. They should put all manner of different requirements for different companions involving all aspects of the game.

OP, feeling the need to create a thread over it is over the top.

Edited by Kaedusz

It's abit dumb,but fine...at least if we can/must unlock companions through PVP..they must let us use them in PVP only / too.;)

And yes...Reduce the freaking numbers on requirements...as i want to collect things like ..companions. :rak_03:

Edited by cipidani

asking to do less pvp to get pierce is no different than someone on here saying they hate world bosses and want the number reduced or changed for qyzen.

Yes please this. Bioware, you do realize that the PvP'ers don't want us carebear story casuals dragging them down anyway, right?

I know you probably thought that you are rewarding players who do PvP content.

Everyone loses.

i dont think i've ever been in an unranked wz without people that dont contribute or are very poorly geared.

i dont see how this changes anything for wz players.

Edited by Pagy

asking to do less pvp to get pierce is no different than someone on here saying they hate world bosses and want the number reduced or changed for qyzen.i dont think i've ever been in an unranked wz without people that dont contribute or are very poorly geared.

i dont see how this changes anything for wz players.

Except with Qyzen you have 2 options EITHER 3 world bosses OR 20 "qualifying" creatures.

With Pierce and Forex the choices are PvP Or PvP OR can't remove the companion from quest logs, this in my mind is not a reasonable choice. When it comes to these 2 companions you don't really have a choice, especially since Musco indicated that future companions may be gated behind these 2.

Except with Qyzen you have 2 options EITHER 3 world bosses OR 20 "qualifying" creatures.

With Pierce and Forex the choices are PvP Or PvP OR can't remove the companion from quest logs, this in my mind is not a reasonable choice. When it comes to these 2 companions you don't really have a choice, especially since Musco indicated that future companions may be gated behind these 2.

point still stands; complaining about the pierce requirements is no different than complaining about any of the companion requirements.

all companions are identical anyway, if u dont want to get pierce, then dont get him.

Please reduce the required amount of trouble I need to get everything I want.

BW pls

lol exactly

hey i want a full 224 set can you just make the whole set drop from an elite tauntaun on hoth? that would be greaaaaaaat thanks /lumbergh

point still stands; complaining about the pierce requirements is no different than complaining about any of the companion requirements.

all companions are identical anyway, if u dont want to get pierce, then dont get him.

Point is they did give 2 options for Qyzen, to PvP or not should never have been an acceptable choice to begin with let alone a activity that can tie you up for longer than obtaining all the other companions put together (minus Dr Lokin since he is slightly different).

Point is they did give 2 options for Qyzen, to PvP or not should never have been an acceptable choice to begin with let alone a activity that can tie you up for longer than obtaining all the other companions put together (minus Dr Lokin since he is slightly different).
you mean qyzen's options are pve or pve...right?

right?

The requirement to PvP for KotFE alliance companions should be non-existent. It's ludicrous. In the context of the KotFE story arc, I am no longer fighting against the Empire (or Republic, depending). I am leading an alliance of individuals drawn from both to bring down a greater menace to the galaxy.

Then again, forced recruitment requiring us to somehow "prove ourselves worthy of their joining the alliance" should be non-existent as well. I say that in the context of who we are in the game universe, not some meta entitlement perspective.

Consider that:

I (you, everyone playing) lead this alliance. If I don't want ally X then I should be able to tell whoever's trying to get me to recruit them "No, I'm not interested in that individual. Who else is on your list of suggestions? I say "suggestions" because, by the way, I'm your commander...you're not mine."

Having said that...

Mission lines where we are going to go rescue/liberate a potential ally in our war are another thing altogether, provided it's someone we actually want in our alliance.

Edited by Hiply

you mean qyzen's options are pve or pve...right?

right?

No the choices are Group activity (World bosses) or Solo options (creature hunting), there was something there to satisfy both types of players those that wanted to group or not.

in this case the group activity should have been PvP but there should have been another option without grouping.

No the choices are Group activity (World bosses) or Solo options (creature hunting), there was something there to satisfy both types of players those that wanted to group or not.

in this case the group activity should have been PvP but there should have been another option without grouping.

you're really splitting hairs here

qyzen has two pve options

pierce has two pvp options

if you dont like pve, dont get qyzen

if you dont like pvp, dont get pierce

why is this an issue?

you're really splitting hairs here

qyzen has two pve options

pierce has two pvp options

if you dont like pve, dont get qyzen

if you dont like pvp, dont get pierce

why is this an issue?

Because right now the answer to "If we don't get companion X is it going to hurt us down the road?" has received a...at best...vague answer. We don't know that two months form now when we see Chapter X if we're also going to see "You can not recruit follower Y, who you really really want, without follower X with you in this dialogue".

Edited by Hiply

Because right now the answer to "If we don't get companion X is it going to hurt us down the road?" has received a...at best...vague answer. We don't know that two months form now when we see Chapter X if we're also going to see "You can not recruit follower Y, who you really really want, without follower X with you in this dialogue".
i'm doing exactly zero of this alliance stuff and i'm not worried at all.

in your case, you can wait and see if you need x companion to get y companion and decide then if it's worth doing?

Only thing pvpers really got this expansion was that pvp comp, and everyone wants to take it away coz they find it hard to get.

Suck it up or just don't get it.

Except for the fact that there never any reason that a PvE companion came as "reward" from PvP it never should have happened in the first place.