BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

This is from the warning i received about a post that was earlier in this thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makillda View Post

I doubt it. They'll probably give us a nice pillow to bite with the Alliance logo on it.

That about sums it up.

I WANT MY PILLOW TO BITE!!!!!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I say before?

They overhyped again - still showing they learned nothing and never will.

BIG? What the heck is BIG in a simple marketing promotion?

Why did they not simply say: We will announce some Rewards for Players who are Subs all the time during Knights.

No, it has to be some secret BIG Thing. So estimations went high and higher - it could only be a disapointment compared to the expectations.

Maybe "BIG" was meant to be an acronym? Bring In [the] Gullible?

Another piece of **** straight in our faces.

When you announce a BIG REWARD bioware keep it like that....a big reward is a free 2 month subscription not a statue of a dead droid nor a continue subscription frm Jan to Auj forcing players to continue paying you without even feedback from you.

YOU FAIL thats the big thing...i will continue playying as i love swtor but YOU FAIL

What did I say before?

They overhyped again - still showing they learned nothing and never will.

BIG? What the heck is BIG in a simple marketing promotion?

Why did they not simply say: We will announce some Rewards for Players who are Subs all the time during Knights.

No, it has to be some secret BIG Thing. So estimations went high and higher - it could only be a disapointment compared to the expectations.

If they implemented most of this stuff without all the hype, I am pretty sure there would be more people going "Oh thanks nice thank you"

As it stands it was overhyped, raiders though it was going to be an announcement of a new ops, PvP players were thinking of a new warzone but it was neither of these so people are "up in arms" about the announcement.

When I saw subscriber rewards I thought it might be what it ended up being just that, subscriber rewards. Were they exciting to me? Meh, kind of but not really, but i'm sure others were tickled pink.

What I'd like to see them do, what many mmo's do, is a VETERAN reward scheme. A system that rewards your loyalty based on how long you've been a subscriber. It's a great system that, I think, creates a positive vibe between the player base and the company involved. You feel appreciated with the rewards earned, and they are able to let their player base know they appreciate your loyalty to their game.

Unfortunately I think that sort of thing is completely alien to the suits at EA. The Devs at Bioware may appreciate us, but the decision makers, the corporate moneymakers, couldn't give two diddly half arsed reach arounds.

There is quite a bit of entitlement going on this thread. I think the gripe here should NOT be with the content provided, but with the wording used by BW Marketing in the lead up to yesterdays reveal

They presented Subscriber Incentives which do NOT equal Subscriber Rewards. But the wording they used lead a lot of long time subs anticipate something they didn't get. That's the only thing that went wrong here.

You know what would have been a huge announcement actually worth the hype and cost them about the same amount (next to nothing) to produce?

If we'd gotten HK-47 and the bonus chapter was about how he got rebuilt.

Y'know, as opposed to the joke character meant to be an homage to him.

Edited by ZanyaCross

aren't you guys excited for the new meaningless companion skin!?

what about the additional 30min of solo content in 3 months?

who needs fps, ops or wzs amirite?!?

I would have been fine with this if it was the case of a regular stream with dropping out btw we are doing this as subscriber incentives in the lead up to chapter x which will be released on ....

If they implemented most of this stuff without all the hype, I am pretty sure there would be more people going "Oh thanks nice thank you"

As it stands it was overhyped, raiders though it was going to be an announcement of a new ops, PvP players were thinking of a new warzone but it was neither of these so people are "up in arms" about the announcement.

I really have to wonder in what universe does "Subscriber Rewards" even remotely equal "New Ops and Warzones!" :rak_02:

Seriously. One with lots of free recreational drugs?

I really have to wonder in what universe does "Subscriber Rewards" even remotely equal "New Ops and Warzones!" :rak_02:

they are separate items, but fact remains...they announced content for Feb, meaning much longer for ops and fps and warzones. everytime they announce something not related to actual multiplayer content, the bar moves a little further away.

Yes I get people wanting PvP and OPs updates want these things, I want new class specific stories. The point still remains, they were advertising Subscriber Rewards, where would you even get the idea they would be announcing OPs/PvP stuff in a Subscriber Rewards announcement?

I never once saw "Hey guys, were going to be announcing sub rewards" and though "Ohh yay they will be announcing new class story content!"

Rather like going to a political debate expecting to see a rock concert .

Yes I get people wanting PvP and OPs updates want these things, I want new class specific stories. The point still remains, they were advertising Subscriber Rewards, where would you even get the idea they would be announcing OPs/PvP stuff in a Subscriber Rewards announcement?

I never once saw "Hey guys, were going to be announcing sub rewards" and though "Ohh yay they will be announcing new class story content!"

Rather like going to a political debate expecting to see a rock concert .

right but they announced sub rewards...and chapter ten

Not sure but thats how a lot of people seem to have been thinking based on the reactions, I don't know personally how people were coming to that conclusion but still.

right but they announced sub rewards...and chapter ten

We knew the stream was likely to be about sub rewards, plus we all knew about chapter 10 and that it will be released early next year they just gave us an actual date.

Neither of those were unexpected really.

We knew the stream was likely to be about sub rewards, plus we all knew about chapter 10 and that it will be released early next year they just gave us an actual date.

Neither of those were unexpected really.

right, and if people are upset about getting no word on content they wanted, then they are going to complain about it. Edited by Pagy