BIG announcement for subs on Dec 1

KyaniteD

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, actually I may know what this is all about.

The only thing that had created "hype" over the SWTOR community as I had seen, other than the new expansions are the +12xp boost. Probably I am wrong, but I believe they will bring it back.

Anyways, that will not make me re-sub tho. I am 99% sure it will be that :D. I remember something similar when they brought the 12xp boost again. Note: For subs only.

12xp doesn't really make sense at this point tho. With all the changes in lvl'ing & level sync, getting xp as a sub is easier than it's ever been.

I hope it's not 12X - I just took a new Jedi Shadow from 1-65 playing all the content on the planets and I was 65 when I left Voss - for subs that would not be anything useful at all. If there was some kind of AA system like in EQ or PA like in Rift or Masteries in GW2, that would be a different story - but if it's 12XP - I will be thoroughly disappointed.

12xp doesn't really make sense at this point tho. With all the changes in lvl'ing & level sync, getting xp as a sub is easier than it's ever been.

Deep inside, you know people will re-sub just for that. Some will even return to play the game [The ones that left SWTOR after the expansion]. There is no best time right now to exploit and put pressure to any star wars game/feature that will bring people to spend their moneys to SWTOR and Battlefront. Plus considering the the movie release is 17 days away. I really believe they will push with something like 12xp to get more moneys from Star Wars fans. If it's not 12xp, it will and needs to be something that will make a ton of people re-sub and extend their sub for months. Also, something that will bring new folks into the game. In the other hand. In the worst scenario, it's just a let-down like that "Choose your Path" mail, but I really doubt that they are going to miss an opportunity like this to increase their audience and capital. :D

Force Awakens is just at the next corner. After the hype and the movie this month + holidays. I believe there will be more Star Wars audience than before. That means more moneys for games like SWTOR. :)

Edited by jamyz

Fun speculation? I notice services like Loot Crate and Indie Box getting some attention. Perhaps they're going to give subscribers a free random box or two of cartel crates in addition to the CC grant.

Not that the crates will ever have anything I'd want in them, but it's plausible.

My hype had got a cold shower, I guess. Their twit does not sound promising. Any bit.

"be the first to see our new Subscriber Rewards"? Not interested, unless it's story. Lot's of story (with some more story on top). But that's not going to happen, I guess. Any significant and meaningful feature can't be 'sub-specific' on F2P anyway. At best it's some sort of 'early access'.

The US-Culture is something special, the most used single word there is "awesome". Everything is bigger and greater than anywhere else in the world, an awesome matter of fact.

actually, i though the most used word in america was "whatever"

During my study in USC, it was in every mouth.

Now I have to tell you a BIG Secret: They are from the US!

What does this mean? The US-Culture is something special, the most used single word there is "awesome". Everything is bigger and greater than anywhere else in the world, an awesome matter of fact.

If they see a little mouse in the studio they would of course twitter: "There is a lion, or a panther, no, wait, an elephant in our studio - this is so awesome! The biggest animal in the World! Did I mention how awesome it is?"

That is the style I read here from the beginning of this game (Greatest MMO in the World! Absolutly awesome! You can play it in 100 years and still have an awesome feeling about it because it is awesome!) and every time something is happening it is bigger better and more awesome (Hutts, Revan, Knights!)!!!

And that was the view of a standard educated Mid-European from a standard town called Hamburg (yo, the original, the awesome thing about it is that in the US you find, of course, a dozen, awesome, city called Hamburg too - clone technology, how awesome is that?)

So my best guess would be they will announce that Christmas will be here again this Year, but only for Subs - awesome.

Sounds like you're confusing the US with Texas, and haven't been to the US and seen how it's not actually like that. Doesn't sound like you've been anywhere in Europe either despite supposedly living there.

actually, i though the most used word in america was "whatever"

During my study in USC, it was in every mouth.

That Is in Northern Mexico or also known as California, it is a left coast thing. Before the special snow flakes scream, look at a map of North America, which side of the map is Northern Mexico on?

Cirran

Oooh, maybe they are going to make the castbar for looting or using an object actually be the length of time the action will take, not how long you will stand around BEFORE you actually loot/use the object. You know, like in any other game.

i don't think it's gonna be game changinf, whatever it is, because from the phrasing, it seems to affect only subscribers. A game changing feature would also affect F2P and preferred players.

I think it's gonna be some kind of subscription rewards, like an in game vanity items.

The weird thing here is that I have double citizenship. I belong to two parts of the world. It's quite odd for people like me, but I'll take b) anyways. I like it straight. :D

Cheers.

I have only the French citizenship, and I am the weird one in my country. Double citizenship is so much commonplace, in France...

Now I have to tell you a BIG Secret: They are from the US!

What does this mean? The US-Culture is something special, the most used single word there is "awesome". Everything is bigger and greater than anywhere else in the world, an awesome matter of fact.

If they see a little mouse in the studio they would of course twitter: "There is a lion, or a panther, no, wait, an elephant in our studio - this is so awesome! The biggest animal in the World! Did I mention how awesome it is?"

That is the style I read here from the beginning of this game (Greatest MMO in the World! Absolutly awesome! You can play it in 100 years and still have an awesome feeling about it because it is awesome!) and every time something is happening it is bigger better and more awesome (Hutts, Revan, Knights!)!!!

And that was the view of a standard educated Mid-European from a standard town called Hamburg (yo, the original, the awesome thing about it is that in the US you find, of course, a dozen, awesome, city called Hamburg too - clone technology, how awesome is that?)

So my best guess would be they will announce that Christmas will be here again this Year, but only for Subs - awesome.

THERE IS NO IGNORANCE, THERE IS KNOWLEDGE.

A very important line from the Jedi Code itself. It seems you need to master it ;) .