What do you do when nobody uses the Auction House?

Amnolith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted for Truth

Seriously, did anybody else drop their jaw when you realized you could completely customize the UI in Rift without the use of mods? Why isn't that the new industry standard?

I thought so too. So this is the general UI design of a modern MMO at realease time? No, it isn't.

Quoted for Truth

Seriously, did anybody else drop their jaw when you realized you could completely customize the UI in Rift without the use of mods? Why isn't that the new industry standard?

Hell, at this point it should be the OLD industry standard!

Not had any problems with it, but it could better

It's not an Auction House at the moment though, there are no Auctions, only sales

Auctions would be nice so people can bid on stuff thus allowing items to be sold for what they're truely worth by the buyers, not what sellers think they're worth.

Better functionality would be welcome too

I need Xonolite and there hasn t been any on the awful Auction House.

Maybe if the AH was improved and given a proper search tool then people may be inclined to use it. How long is it going to be until this is addressed? You want to retain players? Fix the awful Auction House

If there is virtually nothing on the AH because people dread using it then the economy does not work and thus the game does not work...what s the point of crafting if it is not possible to get materials?

Seriously, improve the Auction House...and not in 6 months as it will be too late by then.

Good luck on finding any of this stuff for a while.

There is an auction house search tool

Choose crafting materials.. choose underworld trading , protoype and custom, and then type in xenolite

However with the game being very new, I wouldn't imagine you'd find any of this at the moment, your best bet is to pick up underworld trading and gather it your self.

Edited by Shammus

I tried using it once, omg its such a freaking pain in the *** to use, i will stay away from the GTN, until the interface is a lot more polished, honestly something as simple as searching requires way too much effort, when you want to compare prices, check your competitor prices, takes up to 5 minutes on every search, its ridiculous.

What if i dont know, what type of material it is? why should i have to specify type, crew skill, who uses it, etc. etc.

the GTN as it is, simply sucks, and deserves a major revamp.

Works fine on my server. What is it now you people need more hand holding to do something else? :p

It should be completely removed. It's hand holding enough because it exists. People should be forced to only be able to trade with eachother via the trade window.

Or wait, that's too much.

They should only be able to trade by dropping items on the ground. That would also add a hardcore element to it because maybe then people will ninja your items before trading back the gold.

Yeah!

I tried using it once, omg its such a freaking pain in the *** to use, i will stay away from the GTN, until the interface is a lot more polished, honestly something as simple as searching requires way too much effort, when you want to compare prices, check your competitor prices, takes up to 5 minutes on every search, its ridiculous.

What if i dont know, what type of material it is? why should i have to specify type, crew skill, who uses it, etc. etc.

the GTN as it is, simply sucks, and deserves a major revamp.

I dont' know how its taking people this long.. this has to be over exaggerated it never takes me that long.. sure yyyou can't just open it up and type in it, but they will improve it .. give it time.

I have to agree. The Auction House needs some tweaking. I also feel that when holding control and clicking to view how an item looks on your character should have a tooltip hover to indicate when you are in viewing mode. Dont know how much credits I have forfieted because I wanted to see how an item looked but instead I accidently purchased it. When I then proceed to sell it back I got 10% back...kinda sucks.

LMAO works just dandy on my server, no improvements required.

Well, aren't you lucky.

I love SWTOR more than chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven, but I fully agree the AH needs a look at. Really annoying if you don't know exactly what category the item you're looking for is under, and I hate looking for an armor upgrade to a specific slot, let's say pants, and having to sort through all the bracers, gloves, chest pieces, helms, ect too...

my biggest problem with the ah is that it closes when my companions return, and a couple areas where you cant really drill down to what you are looking for (eg shopping for new schematics, no way to compare what I have against whats available. check box on the interface, check box in the preferences whatever).

not having a bidding system is not a problem. if there are 7 and the cheapest is a price you are willing to pay, buy it, otherwise dont. price history tracking or a offers list would be nice, but whatever, the good stuff should come from doing things.

you cant find something on the auction house? why dont you go out and get that something, then make a fortune on your monopoly? try this: main char makes things, has primary gathering skill to support it and slicing; second char, slicing and the advanced mission skill to support your main. maybe the second char will use the 3rd skill to craft something, or for a second advanced mission skill set? dont want an alt? make a friend.

only have 50 slots to sell gear with? make em count. no one is going to buy that green augment, no one wants your left over pile of desh, toss it to your alt so he doesnt have to scavenge as you level him or just vendor it and kick yourself for harvesting so obsessively.

One of the problems with this system is that you need to know exactly what you're looking for. I think overall that causes the population of a server to be less educated with schematics and usages for crew skills. Being able to just browse at will let's you see all the interesting stuff that's out there.

As it stands now it's pretty hard to figure out what anything is used for unless you either spend time searching the interweb or actually have one of the crew skills involved.

Honestly, I don't expect it ot be any use until the majority of the playerbase are level 50 and have started raiding. I.e gear that cannot be attained either from the commendation vendor or flashpoints, as it stands gear crafted or found can easily be attained from the aforementioned methods.

Quick, hide your babies! A puppy is gonna get killed and doomsday is gonna come sooner for every second it takes people to choose 2 categories before entering their search word.

Auction houses are hard and difficult things!

The GTN Interface is horrible. Why it is still horrible when we told them the entire beta that it was horrible is beyond me.

Maybe because *chuckle* thats just QQ and the AH is fine. You just need to take 2 seconds to understand how it works.

Edited by Nemmar