The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Well, this is disappointing.

TheDavy

So, you broke companions making the game boring as hell, then fixed it, only to go RIGHT back to it being broken and boring as hell?

Going Forward

So, what does that mean going forward? We will be increasing the power level of Companions. And while they won’t be as powerful as they were when Fallen Empire launched, the increase will be significant. I have gotten together with the Design Leads and we have re-discussed our goals for combat and content difficulty. We want players to enjoy [Heroic 2]s and level up their Alliance. You can find the exact changes coming in tomorrow’s patch, below. And I assure you, we will continue to carefully watch how content is being enjoyed and adapt as necessary.

Companion healing has been increased by roughly 48%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

Companion damage has been increased by roughly 15%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

Companion base stats have been increased by about 15%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

(click the spoiler tag for specifics)

Backus, I hope you get fired.

So, you broke companions making the game boring as hell, then fixed it, only to go RIGHT back to it being broken and boring as hell?

Going Forward

So, what does that mean going forward? We will be increasing the power level of Companions. And while they won’t be as powerful as they were when Fallen Empire launched, the increase will be significant. I have gotten together with the Design Leads and we have re-discussed our goals for combat and content difficulty. We want players to enjoy [Heroic 2]s and level up their Alliance. You can find the exact changes coming in tomorrow’s patch, below. And I assure you, we will continue to carefully watch how content is being enjoyed and adapt as necessary.

Companion healing has been increased by roughly 48%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

Companion damage has been increased by roughly 15%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

Companion base stats have been increased by about 15%. (Influence level and character level will determine exact amount.)

(click the spoiler tag for specifics)

Backus, I hope you get fired.

All I am going to say is go learn some math as you obviously lacking in that area.

Companions were nerfed to 25% of their origional power.

This boost puts them at 35%-50% of original power.

Maybe I'll be able to do heroics now without having to burn all my cooldowns and wait 3 minutes between every fight.

They never specified how much the nerf affected companions originally. I can assure you they were not nerfed by 75% in each field otherwise they would have been completely useless the past few weeks. Not to mention they raised the aggro tanks generate. So this whole quote is wrong due to the assumption that companions are nerfed to 25% of their original power. If you meant that they were nerfed by 25% each instead the healing buff would make them stronger than they were before which isn't going to be the case either.