Please let me romance Arcann.

Gabrandt

Its the one thing I don't get about the entirety of KOTFE, nobody seem to care about removing Valkorion from your mind including Lana who offhandedly say they'll work it out some other time...

The attitude some characters have towards Valkorion's presence is frankly maddening, as is our inability to disagree. When Lana tells us to go into the wilds and talk with Valkorion at the start of chapter 12, I wish I could tell her no. It seemed obvious that anything Valkorion says is just an attempt at manipulation.

Arcann have been spending all those years trying to find a way to remove Valkorion spirit from you. At Asylum, he hinted you that much, why he kept you in carbonite for so long.

I'd really like to believe this, but can we be sure he knew his father's spirit passed into us before putting us in carbonite? I mean, it's a very good reason for putting us in carbonite, but is the evidence really there? I fully believe that his pursuit of the Outlander is more about trying to defeat his father than it is about any personal animosity towards the Outlander, but beyond that it's hard for me to tell.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attitude some characters have towards Valkorion's presence is frankly maddening, as is our inability to disagree. When Lana tells us to go into the wilds and talk with Valkorion at the start of chapter 12, I wish I could tell her no. It seemed obvious that anything Valkorion says is just an attempt at manipulation.

I'd really like to believe this, but can we be sure he knew his father's spirit passed into us before putting us in carbonite? I mean, it's a very good reason for putting us in carbonite, but is the evidence really there? I fully believe that his pursuit of the Outlander is more about trying to defeat his father than it is about any personal animosity towards the Outlander, but beyond that it's hard for me to tell.

I recently replayed the first few chapters of kotfe. No I don't think we can be sure that he knew since chapter 1. The first time he mentioned Valkorion inside the outlander's mind was chapter 6. And the game didn't explain when and how he knew. I think it's left to the player's interpretation at this point. Maybe someone can ask a dev?

I agree, I don't think there was anything like that. Neither was there anything "romantic" about the whole outlander and Arcann implied. Until, maybe the last letter of kotet.

I've always been a lover of Arcann and had to defend him way too many times:rak_03: But there just wasn't anything there romantic wise or whatever some others may believe!

Arcann wanted his father dead, and killing you wasn't going to do that, which is why he probably put you into carbonite. Valkorion would just go somewhere else had you died. He would have had lost track of his dad probably, which is no good.

I think after Chapter 6 or so.. Vaylin verified with knights at the swamp and asked Arcann if Senya knew their father was still alive inside the Outlander and that she's with the Outlander because of mean... so they already knew Valkorion isn't truly dead yet.

Well, Arcann did say this in the second encounter : "This isn't about you. It never has been. But I will do whatever it takes to destroy my father."

And its a Bioware game, so I like to study body languages and I'm particular to nonverbal cues and tone changes (I like to rewatch my playthroughs). Even back in Chapter 1, all I feel was the sexual undertone coming from Arcann. The way he looked at her, the way he said "...and you most of all. To alter the course of Galactic events. Quite impressive." and since he choose to save my girl, it just get better and better. And as the story progress, you only face to face DS Arcann thrice in KOTFE, you don't really know about him at all beyond his obsession to capture you and to defeat his father. Also the funny scene when he reacted when you touched him in Chapter 8, lol...."you.... don't... touch.. me..." .....he totally got a hard on.

This was a man who crushed the remaining Dark Council and easily overpower my DS Wrath that she had to seek other ways to defeat him. Brimming with strength and the dark side of the force, possessive, shrewd, domineering and ruthless.... starting to sound like the paranormal romance novels hero that I like to read.... mmhmm

Well, I guess we're all free to interpret it the way we want, though I felt nothing of that. Would have been cool though.:rak_03:

I just want my Arcann romance!!!! It doesn't matter whether he wants me dead or not, I won't want him any less.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Well, I guess we're all free to interpret it the way we want, though I felt nothing of that. Would have been cool though.:rak_03:

I just want my Arcann romance!!!! It doesn't matter whether he wants me dead or not, I won't want him any less.:rak_03:

I also noticed nothing of that at all. I'm pretty sure that's just people's own wishful thinking. But that's fine; that is what their head canon is for. :)

My friend told me that it sounds like we are definitely getting an Arcann romance. If that's really true, based off the response of their twitch stream, I now have to decide which class to pair him up with... Such tough choices.

I also noticed nothing of that at all. I'm pretty sure that's just people's own wishful thinking. But that's fine; that is what their head canon is for. :)

My friend told me that it sounds like we are definitely getting an Arcann romance. If that's really true, based off the response of their twitch stream, I now have to decide which class to pair him up with... Such tough choices.

My SI has remained single throughout the entirety of the game, she even skipped Urtel Moren.:rak_03: In the hopes that she'd get a bite out of Arcann one day. Now that day will come for sure.:rak_06:

Which class do you feel suits him best that you have available :D?

My agent will finally find someone to settle down for. She needs some Arcann love, she's been through hell and back.

Though I also think he'd pair well with sith or jedi, lol. Mine are just already taken, so if he is a romance eventually I might have to make a new character as well as my agent.

Edited by Asmodesu

Imagine they're getting ready for sexytimes, clothes are flying everywhere, and then he sees it. The scar from where he impaled your character with his lightsaber, a wound that would have killed them if it weren't for Valkorion's intervention.

Imagine they're getting ready for sexytimes, clothes are flying everywhere, and then he sees it. The scar from where he impaled your character with his lightsaber, a wound that would have killed them if it weren't for Valkorion's intervention.

I fully imagine that, since I've always headcannoned my characters that got lightsaber stabbed having a scar from it. There's just so many levels to this character, and his interaction with our own characters. I love it .

Sadly, Bioware didn't make body customization as a feature. Would love scars or tattoos. But the LS choice Asylum scene was too much really. I doubt anyone being stabbed by someone would romanticized it. So its always full-on lightning storm vs Arcann :cool: Edited by revkashepard

If only romances would go that deep! His romance has so much potential.

Would have been very emotional to see how upset he'd be for all the pain he caused you, but get you still love him regardless of everything.

Bioware plz!

If only romances would go that deep! His romance has so much potential.

Would have been very emotional to see how upset he'd be for all the pain he caused you, but get you still love him regardless of everything.

Bioware plz!

I totally headcanon that! But we all know it won't happen in this game:(

If it's a single player rpg though......

What about a scar from the time our character eviscerated him with a saber? I mean, that was a serious wound. Not to mention pretty much identical to the one he gave Thexan...

Comparing who gave who the better scar? :D

What sets the Arcann romance apart from other romances in this game and others is that they have history prior to the romance. And it's a history that wasn't happy and will complicate things, both personal and political. That's the reason why this romance is so fascinating and has great potential. But sadly, due to many constraints, the potential will not be fully realized. I just hope that what we get will be decent enough so I can fill in the blanks with headcanons.

What sets the Arcann romance apart from other romances in this game and others is that they have history prior to the romance. And it's a history that wasn't happy and will complicate things, both personal and political. That's the reason why this romance is so fascinating and has great potential. But sadly, due to many constraints, the potential will not be fully realized.

The sad truth!

What sets the Arcann romance apart from other romances in this game and others is that they have history prior to the romance. And it's a history that wasn't happy and will complicate things, both personal and political. That's the reason why this romance is so fascinating and has great potential. But sadly, due to many constraints, the potential will not be fully realized. I just hope that what we get will be decent enough so I can fill in the blanks with headcanons.

Sad but true...now..how do i get this post to a dev team so they can understand our needs lol :D

Sad but true...now..how do i get this post to a dev team so they can understand our needs lol :D

I think Charles is aware of what women need to be honest. I mean we got Arcann. He's a genius.:rak_03: All hail Charles Boyd!

:rak_03:based on speculation. *Cough*

Edited by Eshvara