Please let me romance Arcann.

Gabrandt

I did like Arcann in KotET. Redeemed bad guys are something I have a soft spot for. However,

in that last chapter where you're seeing certain scenes in freeze-frame again, and one was where Arcann kills HK, I was like, "Oh wait, that's right! You killed HK! Now I don't know how to feel about you!" Because I liked HK, the only of the HK droids to really get a story that makes him feel like a person, so I was annoyed to have him taken from me. And now I'm annoyed at Arcann for doing it, and it's kind of tainted my appreciation of Arcann.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did like Arcann in KotET. Redeemed bad guys are something I have a soft spot for. However,

in that last chapter where you're seeing certain scenes in freeze-frame again, and one was where Arcann kills HK, I was like, "Oh wait, that's right! You killed HK! Now I don't know how to feel about you!" Because I liked HK, the only of the HK droids to really get a story that makes him feel like a person, so I was annoyed to have him taken from me. And now I'm annoyed at Arcann for doing it, and it's kind of tainted my appreciation of Arcann.

If it makes any difference

that blast was technically meant for you, HK jumped in front of you yelling "SELF SACRIFICE"

:(

So I've just played through KOTET and much like everyone else I was surprised at his development, I was too much of a softy and couldn't kill him or Senya and I'm now very glad I didn't. While I thought he was decent as a villain I think he has far more potential as an ally and even a LI. He has such an interesting background and we finally got to learn more about him in this expansion. And the message he sends you at then end and how he acts towards the PC when allying with them is very powerful. He goes on to compare you to his twin brother, who was the closest to him, and who's death he is only now coming to accept. This is a big thing, whether it be romance or not. So, after my rambling I'm here signing this thread as a hell yes! I mean we don't have a romanceable male force user and we don't have a romance that would be this deep, at this point they're both very damaged people, so much potential to help each other heal and grow. And that voice? My word.

Make it happen devs!

Count me in :)

My main character have to romance our courting gifts lover force sensitive male :D

It dont even have to be a romance story, some personal quest will be nice.

PS Oh, and adding Arcann companion decoration will be nice as well

Edited by LDaria

Ugh. If they put a sentient mailbox in game, people would be trying to romance that too. Look everyone that comes into the players orbit does not need to be a romance. Believe it or not, some people have things going on in their lives and they'd much rather have a friend than a bed buddy. Arcann is trying to get over the tragedies that have befallen his family and reconnect with his mother, the only family he has left. Either offer the man a platonic shoulder to share his burden or leave him peace. But don't bring any Harleen quinzel nonsense to his doorstep, thinking he's going to be healed if you become lovers. That's a pro for you, not him.

Ugh. If they put a sentient mailbox in game, people would be trying to romance that too. Look everyone that comes into the players orbit does not need to be a romance. Believe it or not, some people have things going on in their lives and they'd much rather have a friend than a bed buddy. Arcann is trying to get over the tragedies that have befallen his family and reconnect with his mother, the only family he has left. Either offer the man a platonic shoulder to share his burden or leave him peace. But don't bring any Harleen quinzel nonsense to his doorstep, thinking he's going to be healed if you become lovers. That's a pro for you, not him.

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning!

This sentient mailbox sounds intriguing, how can I start this romance? ;)

Oh look who popped up to shyte on everyone's parade because why keep your big nose out of threads that don't interest you or that you disagree with when it's far more fun to constantly throw your negativity and b.itchiness around.

Just go back to crying about Lana cheating on you, it was actually one of the funnier posts you've ever made.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Oh look who popped up to shyte on everyone's parade because why keep your big nose out of threads that don't interest you or that you disagree with when it's far more fun to constantly throw your negativity and b.itchiness around.

Just go back to crying about Lana cheating on you, it was actually one of the funnier posts you've ever made.

It's strange to see this side of Jenny Flynn, I don't think I ever have!! :p

Lol, I forgot about that but you are right. If they want to give people the options, then good. More options is never bad.

Ah! You're talking about that thread where I was accused of trying to control and own women like cattle? Because ya know that's an exemplary example of keeping ones nose out of threads that don't interest them or not raining on ones parade, yes? Or remember this delicious tidbit from earlier this year? Another golden gem example of simply going about ones business on this forum when disagreeing with a suggestion. :) Don't know bout you but I think in comparison, me telling people not to try and romance everything that moves in their social circle seems rather tame. Every thread is going to have supporters and detractors, but trust that whatever opposition I bring to a thread doesn't come remotely close to giving as good I get. ;)

Ah! You're talking about that thread where I was accused of trying to control and own women like cattle? Because ya know that's an exemplary example of keeping ones nose out of threads that don't interest them or not raining on ones parade, yes? Or remember this delicious tidbit from earlier this year? Another golden gem example of simply going about ones business on this forum when disagreeing with a suggestion. :) Don't know bout you but I think in comparison, me telling people not to try and romance everything that moves in their social circle seems rather tame. Every thread is going to have supporters and detractors, but trust that whatever opposition I bring to a thread doesn't come remotely close to giving as good I get. ;)

Yes, that's the one. I replied to it because I found it interesting. I was surprised to find out Lana cheated and shared my thoughts... hell, up to a certain point I actually half sympathized even if I thought it was a bit, much. So, I wasn't raining on anyone's parade there, nor was I disinterested in the subject.

And the other thread you linked? I stood up for you then. I thought people went too far with their implications about you simply because you suggested having a youngling follower to train/raise in the Force so again, how was I raining on your parade or disinterested then?

Quite different from what you did here and it does feel as though lately you've made a habit of walking into a thread, spouting something negative/mean spirited/contradictory just for the sake of and there's really no need. And if your response was meant to imply you're dishing it out because others did it to you... wow, how old are you?

This also could apply to several of the vanilla companions, specifically Nadia and Jaesa, the latter especially with how your own alignment choices change her.

I am all about choice. If he is eventually made into a LI option, you will always have the option to NOT romance, or not even get it considering you can kill him.

Yes, that's the one. I replied to it because I found it interesting. I was surprised to find out Lana cheated and shared my thoughts... hell, up to a certain point I actually half sympathized even if I thought it was a bit, much. So, I wasn't raining on anyone's parade there, nor was I disinterested in the subject.

And the other thread you linked? I stood up for you then. I thought people went too far with their implications about you simply because you suggested having a youngling follower to train/raise in the Force so again, how was I raining on your parade or disinterested then?

Quite different from what you did here and it does feel as though lately you've made a habit of walking into a thread, spouting something negative/mean spirited/contradictory just for the sake of and there's really no need. And if your response was meant to imply you're dishing it out because others did it to you... wow, how old are you?

No that's not what it meant at all. You missed my point(s). I'm not saying you went into those threads and rained on them. 1. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of telling me to keep my disagreeable nose out of threads I don't agree with while telling me to head back to one where I was treated the same in kind. 2. I was pointing out that there are far more deserving frequenters on this forum of your ire when it comes to relegating one for negativity and *****i.ness. If I seem as tho I'm always in a foul mood lately, I apologize. If I reply to a thread, it's usually something I disagree with, something about the story or posting a bug. I don't typically reply in threads I agree with because I don't feel the need to reciprocate that agreement just for the sake of it. Unlike things I disagree with where I feel I should voice my opinion on how I feel on the matter. Again sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, it's not intentional.

Edited by Aeristash

This also could apply to several of the vanilla companions, specifically Nadia and Jaesa, the latter especially with how your own alignment choices change her.

I am all about choice. If he is eventually made into a LI option, you will always have the option to NOT romance, or not even get it considering you can kill him.

It's not the same. Nadia lost her father and was comforted by the consular. The consular did not take advantage of her by trying to romance her so he could heal her. She was over her fathers death by the time they get together. She does try to sleep with the consular to get over that issue, but is refused so she has time to heal. Neither does the SW take advantage of DS Jaesa. When Jaesa goes dark it's because she's confused on her principals and her masters teachings, not because she's a psychologically abused mess trying to put her life back together. When the Sith warrior romances Jaesa, she's having the time of her life trying to explore all the feelings the Jedi had denied her. Arcann is a broken man with psychological parental issues from being abused for years by his father, abandoned by his mother. Never mind killing his brother due to his attention seeking from his father. At the end of kotet he's just closed a chapter in his midlife crisis. Hardly stable material to be jumping into a relationship with.

But that's not the problem. The issue is not respecting that everything that moves isn't a player centric bed buddy. One can't be good friends with someone going through a trauma without wanting to nurture them with kisses & pillow talk? It's nose turning imho. a pat on the back and some friendly support works just as well if not better.

Edited by Aeristash

You GUYS. We don't want EVERYONE to be romanceable - I'm fine with having platonic relationships with, say, Khem or Qyzen (or Quinn or Koth for that matter). And Doc....ew, don't even get me started. It's true - Arcann is broken.That means HE NEEDS LOVE.

For reals though he has a sexy voice.

Add me to the list of people who thinks Nadia's romance is super creepy. She looks, sounds, and acts like a teenager, her father has just been murdered, and in slimes the consular who sounds like he's 60 and seduces his student that he's supposed to be mentoring while she's still freshly grieving. To say Arcann is like Nadia...lol. He may have had DS corruption newly removed from him and LS may be new to him, but he's not our young, innocent, fragile little charge. He's seen things man! :p

As for wanting to romance everything that moves, we all realize that it's not the same people requesting all of those romances right? Being unsatisfied with certain options or wanting a new option added doesn't mean someone wants everyone in the galaxy to be their "bed buddy" but even if they did, even if they wanted to sleep their way across the galaxy who cares? You don't have to choose that option so why would it matter? It's like if someone started a thread saying "BioWare please make a cartel headpiece that lets me have a flower in my hair" and then someone else randomly storms in and goes "NO! I don't want that and I think it would make my character look dumb, therefore you can't have it either and you suck for asking!"

But that's not the problem. The issue is not respecting that everything that moves isn't a player centric bed buddy. One can't be good friends with someone going through a trauma without wanting to nurture them with kisses & pillow talk? It's nose turning imho. a pat on the back and some friendly support works just as well if not better.

I`m trying really hard to get your problem. Need I remind you that just because you CAN romance a character, you dont have to romance that character at all? The choice is always yours. Romance with Arcann will work perfectly with some of my characters and will not work at all with my other characters.

A personal quest (like with class companions) will work nicely with me as well. We deserve something (be it romance option/ personal quest) after "The Future" letter.

"I was struck by how much you reminded me of Thexan...

... I am no longer alone. I have my mother. I have the Eternal Alliance...

And I have you"

Edited by LDaria

I rarely romance companions as I don't see the interest in an NPC that says the exact thing to everyone that has the companion but you don't see me telling me that they shouldn't do it. I make the choice myself. I understand that people are all different and what I do with my characters is not always the same what someone else would do but that is why the choice is there to either romance a companion or not. I don't see Arcann any different.

No that's not what it meant at all. You missed my point(s). I'm not saying you went into those threads and rained on them. 1. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of telling me to keep my disagreeable nose out of threads I don't agree with while telling me to head back to one where I was treated the same in kind. 2. I was pointing out that there are far more deserving frequenters on this forum of your ire when it comes to relegating one for negativity and *****i.ness. If I seem as tho I'm always in a foul mood lately, I apologize. If I reply to a thread, it's usually something I disagree with, something about the story or posting a bug. I don't typically reply in threads I agree with because I don't feel the need to reciprocate that agreement just for the sake of it. Unlike things I disagree with where I feel I should voice my opinion on how I feel on the matter. Again sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, it's not intentional.

Me telling you to head back to your own thread about Lana wasn't, in my eyes, hypocrisy. I more so meant to point out that while you're seemingly judging those in this thread for wanting an Arcann romance (or expanded romance options in general), you too have your own subjects you care about, that matter to you more than they do to others. That you, more than anyone based on that thread, should know what it's like when someone else craps all over you for having an opinion which is why I don't understand why you'd do the same to others.

And I'm aware there's worse people out there but I've long given up even wasting my time and energy on them.

Perhaps you and I are just very different. I prefer to indulge in threads regarding subjects I enjoy, things I agree with, that make me happy and that I feel positive about. Sure I'll make the odd remark here and there if there's something I don't like and feel strong about but overall I prefer to just have a nice time and chat away about good things rather than dive into every single BS thread I don't care for or disagree with. I like to focus on the good, you know?

You appear to be the opposite and though that's your business and who you are... at times it does feel and appear as if you jump into threads for the sake of being intentionally obnoxious. Perhaps you don't mean it as such, fair enough, but I've seen it a few times over the past weeks with people really wondering just wth you're thinking or doing while others hope you're just being sarcastic. I'm not going to tell you what you can and cannot do but keeping that kind of behavior up, yeah you're gonna ruffle some feathers and draw the ire of people. I rarely lash out or get worked up but yesterday was just a bad day and seeing your comment just didn't sit right with me in that moment.

Now as for romance in general... I don't think anyone expects to bump uglies with each NPC they meet and many of the romance threads out there mostly stem from the fact that we as female players kinda get shafted on our romance choices. We do have preferences, I personally do have existing romances I'd gladly trade in for Scourge or Arcann. Doesn't mean I want all the men but I would like to see more options and in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that while your comment made everyone in this thread sound like a bunch of desperate hussies with issues who feel the need to 'fix' a man and bed him. Not the case.