Player's Choice awards for PVP

blackopsranger

Update 2/20/2016:

Well I would have to start paying for Survey Monkey since the people that had the subscription to it have cancelled.

Furthermore alot of grieving on the thread about people not like others or guilds and such the Event will simply have the dueling tournament for those who still wanna do it. For the winners below MAIL Ada'wong (imp side) or Chrisredfield (Pubside) for your prizes.

That said here are the results as starting 2/21 I will not have access to them:

Best Sorc/Sage healer: Shocky with 209 Votes

Best Merc/commando healer: Bibi with 106 Votes

Best Op/Scoundrel Healer: Jarala with 95 Votes

Jugg/Guardian Tank: Rhord with 104 votes

Sin/Shadow Tank: Tonii with 97 votes

PT/VG tank: Phil with 118 Votes

Sorc/Sage dps: Shocky with 170 votes

Sin/Shadow DPS: Alcacris with 71 votes

Jugg/ Guardian Dps: Rydarus with 183 votes

Sent/Mara: Atrixx with 86 votes

Commando/Merc DPS: Sevrin/sevren with 125 votes

VG/PT DPS: Spead'em with 102 Votes

Sniper/Slinger: Sister-Knife with 162 votes

OP/Scoundrel DPS: Chyren with 116 Votes

Best overall: Backnar with 129 Votes

Best Guild: Nar Shadaa Nexu with 139 votes.

Perhaps in the future we can do this in a better way to have more fun with it rather than people spam voting and trolling.

UPDATE 2/2/16:

Sorry for the delay, Misses returned from deployment. Here is the ballot link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EBONHAWKPVPBALLOT

You can see the current results live at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-J3PZWGMQ/

Prizes: The Top voted Toons will receive a Strategy Alliance pack. The Top Guild will receive 5 Packs. For Every 10 People in the 1v1 Tournament the grand prize will be 1 million credits, so if there's 100 participants the prize will be 10 million credits. Single Elimination.

Bounties: During the event there are 8 packs as minimum prizes for Team ranked matches. Award goes to the first teams to do so.

Bounty 1:

Olympus has fallen?

1 pack to each member who beats Kana'ba and his NSN. Note their is no guarantee they will be available if not Reptiles team can be subbed in leau of. These individuals can choose anyone to be on their team and can change make up prior to queuing. You cannot be a member of NSN to receive this bounty.

2nd bounty:

Holly-hox or holly-hacks?

1st sniper or gunslinger to beat "Holly-Hox" 1v1. Prize 500k

Submit bounties and prizes and I will add them to this list. Place bounties on people you hate and teams you hate!

Pod Racing: Yavin stronghold being blocked off like a race track for speeder racing. Entry 10k prize: full pot. Subject to change.

Update 1/26/2016:

Voting Begins February 1st, Awards ceremony will now be 5th march at 5pm est.

UPDATE 12/17/2015:

Event Location: Lady-Cholita's Smuggler Heaven (Nar Shadaa Sky Palace)

Date: Saturday 5 March 2016 starting at 5pm EST/ 2PM PST

Nominations end 31 January and Voting will commence 1 February- February 28

Felt the need to give everyone solid time and place so your guilds can plan accordingly.

I have inquired with some other organizations for DJ and some guilds have shown interest in adding events.

UPDATE 12/16:

So looks like this will be a go everyone. Below is a link to nominate your individuals and guilds. Currently I have 2 Hypercrates and 5 million credits for prizes. Nominations will be accepted until the start of ranked season 7. Nominations are intended to be for regular warzone players at level 65. The categories are broken down for nomination by mirror class and DPS/Heals/Tanks. I have also included the best overall player or "Reg Star" and a Guild Spot. Upon the Start of season and for up to 90 days after or the end of season 7 (which ever occurs first) votes will be accepted. This will give you time to evaluate the nominees. Guilds wishing to help sponsor this event (and they will receive recognition) should message Alzbeta (Republic Side) or Brad'vickers (Imp) with what they would like to provide or add (such as a group ranked tourney on top of the dueling tourney with prizes for the top team) . Currently the solos dueling tournament has a 5 mil credit prize pot (may be increased) and those who think they may want to participate will be able to sign up in advance starting with Opening day for voting.

As this is intended to be a Mass Server event guilds that wish to sponsor sub events are encouraged to do so and let me know their plans. Some ideas that have been passed are unarmed duels, Mando-type duels, Group duels (Outlaw's Den) as well as traditional RP Events, music etc. You can also send me a message or post what you like to have added or what you would like to sponsor.

Nomination Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ebonhawkpvp

Original Post:

So just seeing if anyone wants to nominate best overall Tank, DPS, and healer for the Republic and Empire with voting/ nomination periods the same as the ranked seasons. This would not be based upon elo but rather how you feel they contributed for your war zones. We could scrounge together some kind of prize for them as well. If anyone has any thoughts on this please post it here.

This is just an idea at the moment but any input would be appreciated. (not trolling or complaining).

Edited by blackopsranger
First Post Revised

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous MMO I played had a thread like this, and I can confirm they 100% of the time turn into ego-stroking.

The best you can really hope for is the development of guild/server memes. The worst is people making academic arguments about pushing keyboard buttons.

Edited by Stanimir

I nominate Sively for the best Veng Jugg.

Then you haven't met me.

Non sarcastic and vitriolic recommendations:

Sage Healer: Lots of people, Bubble'u and Shocky for sure but there's a lot of good ones, mostly cause the class is faceroll to the point where people that are actually good are harder to differentiate, but these are the people I would say definitively stuck out before they got uberbuffed. Also tali's good too but Shocky and Tali sorta bleed together in my head.

VG Tank: Phil? I dunno are we judging based on yolos, regs, hmm? Strangely enough VG tanks aren't all that common on server.

Deception Assassin: Maybe Dajarum? I dunno no one plays assassins.

Vig Guardian: Vinte, Kydorus, the juggs on this server suck so bad it's hilarious. I haven't met many that actually dotspread competently on a jugg.

Op healer: I haven't seen too much of this season but last season Tøuka probably, in granked anyway, weren't many op healers in yolos and regs. I hear yolky's making a comeback though.

Jugg tank: Slag, Axomm?

Sentinel everything: fix-watchman/macedonicus, to say there's a contest on that front is a joke. In the last few seasons he was the only person running a mara in yolos and granked onserver and doing it with any form of competency, plus he's *********** MACEDONICUS.

concealment op: No one? I dunno I know a few different decent ones but no one that legitimately wows. B'usy maybe? Every time I see her she seems to do relatively well or wreck, but I haven't played enough against other competent operatives for her to have any serious competition.

Commando anything DPS: Pantsbandit by default, we'd have to delve into PVE geared players in order to find a better Commando :p

No idea why we're comparing though, best players are very subjective in PVP, realistically you can only say who's absolutely horrible.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Then you haven't met me.

Sage Healer: Lots of people, Bubble'u and Shocky for sure but there's a lot of good ones, mostly cause the class is faceroll to the point where people that are actually good are harder to differentiate, but these are the people I would say definitively stuck out before they got uberbuffed. Also tali's good too but Shocky and Tali sorta bleed together in my head.

VG Tank: Phil? I dunno are we judging based on yolos, regs, hmm? Strangely enough VG tanks aren't all that common on server.

Vig Guardian: Vinte, Kydorus, the juggs on this server suck so bad it's hilarious. I haven't met many that actually dotspread competently on a jugg.

Op healer: I haven't seen too much of this season but last season Tøuka probably, in granked anyway, weren't many op healers in yolos and regs. I hear yolky's making a comeback though.

Sentinel everything: fix-watchman/macedonicus, to say there's a contest on that front is a joke. In the last few seasons he was the only person running a mara in yolos and granked onserver and doing it with any form of competency, plus he's *********** MACEDONICUS.

concealment op: No one? I dunno I know a few different decent ones but no one that legitimately wows. B'usy maybe? Every time I see her she seems to do relatively well or wreck, but I haven't played enough against other competent operatives for her to have any serious competition.

Commando anything DPS: Pantsbandit by default, we'd have to delve into PVE geared players in order to find a better Commando :p

No idea why we're comparing though, best players are very subjective in PVP, realistically you can only say who's absolutely horrible.

To add to this, commando healer gazedo and Ludwig! Vanguard dps: grizz and I? Also galvik makes a mean commando dps and sledge hammer a mean vanguard tank

Then you haven't met me.

You can say whatever you want, in my heart Sively is the best! =))

Galvik, Arvengis would get my vote. Both pretty nasty with concealment.

Yes. 1000%.

Then you haven't met me.

thank u for the shoutout b <3

Brought a tear to my eye. Cell/Taelord was good to though.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.