Storyline Date

deutschesanfange

Chapter 1 takes place appro 10 years after the treaty of Coruscant, in 3643 BBY, chapter 2 3642 BBY, and chapter 3 3641 BBY, the hutt cartel expansion and all that follow including Zakuul invasion takes place in 3640 BBY, add to that the 5 years in carbonite and it's 3635 BBY

the hutt cartel expansion and all that follow including Zakuul invasion takes place in 3640 BBY
I know they've said each Chapter of the Class Stories take one year, but I just don't buy Chapters Four and Five, plus their Intermissions all fitting in a single year.

That doesn't seem like enough time to fit in Darvannis (Scum and Villainy), Makeb, the Shroud Crisis, the Dread Seed Crisis, CZ-198, Oricon, the invasions of Tython and Korriban (happening concurrently), the reclaiming of Tython and Korriban (also happening concurrently), the missions to Manaan and Rakata Prime, Rishi, Yavin IV, Ziost, and the Zakuul invasion. Especially when the full year that was Chapter 2 was made up of just Taris/Balmorra (happening concurrently), Revan's escape (Taral + Maelstrom) and defeat (Boarding Party + Foundry), Quesh and Hoth.

Unless there's some comment from BW somewhere that puts the timeline like that, I think it makes more sense to figure that after the end of the class story, time has moved either at roughly the same rate as real-world time since launch (meaning over 3 1/2 years since Ilum for 6 1/2+ years total) or something more like:

• Prologue + Chapter 1 = 1 year
  • Chapter 2 = 1 year
  • Chapter 3 = 1 year
  • First Intermission + Chapter 4 = 1 year
  • Second Intermission + Chapter 5 = 1 year
  • Third Intermission = start of the next year

so that we're a bit over five years since the start of the game by the time we finish Ziost, with some time between that and Chapter 1 of KotFE, followed by the five-year time jump between KotFE Chapters 2 and 3.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm with Dymond on this line of thought, there's more time passing here than typically described..

I tend to head-canon at LEAST 8-10 years between the end of chapter 3 and the meeting with Marr that starts KotFE. And that's me being real casual about it. I have some creative details I toss into the mix, too. Just playing with the story a bit here and there.

I know they've said each Chapter of the Class Stories take one year, but I just don't buy Chapters Four and Five, plus their Intermissions all fitting in a single year.

That doesn't seem like enough time to fit in Darvannis (Scum and Villainy), Makeb, the Shroud Crisis, the Dread Seed Crisis, CZ-198, Oricon, the invasions of Tython and Korriban (happening concurrently), the reclaiming of Tython and Korriban (also happening concurrently), the missions to Manaan and Rakata Prime, Rishi, Yavin IV, Ziost, and the Zakuul invasion. Especially when the full year that was Chapter 2 was made up of just Taris/Balmorra (happening concurrently), Revan's escape (Taral + Maelstrom) and defeat (Boarding Party + Foundry), Quesh and Hoth.

Unless there's some comment from BW somewhere that puts the timeline like that, I think it makes more sense to figure that after the end of the class story, time has moved either at roughly the same rate as real-world time since launch (meaning over 3 1/2 years since Ilum for 6 1/2+ years total) or something more like:

• Chapter 2 = 1 year
  • Chapter 3 = 1 year

so that we're a bit over five years since the start of the game by the time we finish Ziost, with some time between that and Chapter 1 of KotFE, followed by the five-year time jump between KotFE Chapters 2 and 3.

I'm just taking it from wookiepedia, time is very vague in this game, with a 3 seconds blackscreen one year can pass between missions, so you can imagine whatever timeline you want to make more sense, even for the vanilla content.

Take the Inquisitor storyline for example

3 years from 3643 to 3641 to go from a lowly slave to Dark Councilor ? come on.

Edited by Lazproperty

• Chapter 2 = 1 year
  • Chapter 3 = 1 year

I don't really see an untrained (former) slave completing Korriban Academy, gaining apprenticeship and assassinating their first Darth(!), then collecting ancient, hidden artifacts from across the Galaxy and killing their own master, all in a single year. On the other hand, Makeb and Rishi are fairly short (Rishi could be days, Makeb is stated in games to only have weeks), each a matter of weeks, certainly not months.

Each of the class stories have their own time schedule, especially the prologue will likely have a wide variation in 'plausible' timelines. Bounty Hunter prologue could be measured in days, for instance.

Edited by nimmerstil