Companion Nerf, Who is leaving/unsubbing poll

Deamandred

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will let my subscription run out, I have no desire to grind and slog through this tedious and boring (downtime laden) combat. The engine is awful, always has been, the story content is the only thing Bioware does right. The companions being OP made the combat part of the game not a chore.

While I'm not unsubbing, I do a lot of Ops. But I HATE this companion nerf. I loved doing stuff solo. Now I have to spam LFG for starforager and everything else. Nope. And I REALLY HOPE this nerf doesn't mess up my future episodes.

WTB PRE-NERF COMPANIONS

Edited by Spyderwraith

Companions allowed the level sync issue to be tolerated, now that Companions are nerfed, the level sync is now noticeable. Im starting to think the devs made the companions OP to make people like the level sync and then once everyone settled into the level sync they pulled the legs out from under everyone.

As i said in my post that got locked , i have unsubbed my account because of this companion nerf. I also paid for the subscriptions for my wife , a close friend who is on hard times , and my sister and nieces accounts. All of them are cancelled now.

I will still play until my sub runs out in dec. And if by some miracle BW decides to undo par of this nerf we might resub , but given the history with the Slot nerf among others it looks like its a lost cause.

Look im not saying that any companion nerf was going to be to much , but why could we not have bnerfed them 20 % then seen how that went. Then if they needed it nerf them again. Why did they have to break out the tactical nuke and make them worthless ?

I have a rank 32 lana , i dont have a lot of datacrons , or legacy presence , because only 2 of my 65s have actually completed the story quests , but my lana is worthless now. She literally heals for crap , tanks like a wet paper bag , and even DPS mode which i thought was not getting touched seems nerfed into a state of none usefulness.

Biowarse , Eric , whomever is reading this why did you do this? So many of us were enjoying the game , my friends and family that are casuals actually were willing to play but not now , they can get on and just play its a horrible grind for them again.

Seriously im pretty bummed about this because i was really enjoying the game and now its just not worth logging in to play. I just purchased Starcraft legacy of the void ill play that this week and see if you fix companions in next weeks patch if not , well i doubt ill log back in to give you another chance and my subs are already canceled .

My sub is lapsing this month and I will not renew it because of the companion patch.

For the record, I've played since early access, bought the original game and all the expansions on pre-order, and subbed through the entire promo period leading up to KOTFE. I've got the Founder title, Living Legend, and Legendary, and that's just on my paid account.

The revamp to companions in 4.0, even with the rather extreme new Influence grind, was the main reason I thought the game had really turned around and was heading in a good direction. They were a bit overtuned and in need of some adjustment. Instead you decided to simply trash them.

As others have said, it's not that companions didn't need some work; sure, they did. It's that the development team has no concept of how to make reasonable, moderated, tested changes when things are not quite where they need to be. Every change they make is just another wild *** swing from 0 to 11 and back again. It's silly and annoying, and to be totally honest, it makes you all look like you have zero common sense.

These things happen every time they "rebalance" in their favorite ham-fisted way. I already had planned to wait a month for them to work out all the show stoppers in the new expansion before I try it out. This makes it clear it's going to be a while yet before you find your way back to some sort of semblance of reason with your approach to companions. So I'll take a look again after New Years and see how it's going then.

Edited by Heezdedjim

How many of these people unsubbing are the same crew who were outraged and threatened cancelled subs because of level sync?

Not me , i loved the idea of lvl sync , i actually loved everything about 4.0 and would have been fine with incremental nerfs on companions to find a happy medium ground , but this high altitude tactical nuke making them worthless , is kicking sand in the face of many players , and bioware does not deserve my money anymore after that.

As a casual player with lots of alts (22 total, 17 level 65), the thought of grinding rank 50 influence was already daunting. The one saving grace is that the companions were pretty powerful, and the grind wasn't as necessary nor as difficult.

I've been through a lot with this game (subscriber since launch), but this new direction they are taking with the Alliance being the new 'grind', and the poor way it was implemented is really discouraging for people with a lot of characters. Add to that being a completionist. It's not fun anymore. It's just overwhelming to even think about doing all of those H2's on that many characters with companions that can't keep up with heals.

Heroics that were somewhat challenging (multiple mobs like those on Republic Belsavis) are now impossible to do. At least in any reasonable amount of time.

The developers did a FANTASTIC job with the story in KotFE. The production, artwork, cinematics, etc.. it was all GREAT. But the post chapter 9 gameplay .. UGH...

This is too much. I'm not doing it. It's no longer fun. It's work. I'm completely disgusted with SWTOR right now.

The answer is zero. Nobody is unsubbing over this and if you do the game environment is far better off without you.

This is the equivalent of a child putting their fingers in their ears and saying nya nya nya i cant hear you. You can pretend that we are all not leaving over this but it isnt the case. And you are a consummate troll , you rarely if ever post anything of substance to a conversation instead you just poke fun at people for their counter opinions. You are welcome to an opinion , but pretending that we are not upset over this or the game will be better off without a large amount of subscribers is moronic.

That means I wont have to worry about you in FP/HMFP/Ops or anything else, sweet! But if you need to get carried, gimme a shout.

I am founder and playing this game on and off since release. Never had any reason to be carried. But i did cut down my time a lot in OPS and FP because of condescending ******s like you who infest the group content.

I was happy doing daily heroic grind for SF just to avoid your kind. My ignore list is almost full anyways.

Absolutely staying, thank you for taking off the autopilot. Comps never should have been released that way. A very responsible move for the game.

I am sorry Mommy took the binky away boys and girls, but it will be ok.

You don't seem to get it, We all knew the Nerf was coming, but its the severity, the lack of testing on PTR. All this could have been avoided by putting the changes on the PTR for a few weeks and taking the time to find a proper balance instead of the unilateral extreme change we all expected. What is the point of the PTR if they are not going to use it. Now those of us paying customers have to put up with this mistake, while they slowly fix it. Once again a few weeks on the PTR and this could have been avoided.

Edited by Deamandred

Wow. Some people are really reporting this to be really crappy that they nerfed. I was at work tonight and just got home now. I have to test this for myself and see. I hope this does NOT hinder my wonderful experience I have been having! Let me take a look here. They were a little over powered, but I they didn't need THAT MUCH of a nerf. I think they should have kept them the way they were because it made sense to me from taking the gearing away from companions that they would just ramp everything up. So, I hope this isn't THAT much of what people are saying it is :confused::confused:

I am in the minority XD I loved level sync

I actually liked the level sync as well. I really liked the new companions. I just don't understand why they didn't do incremental adjustments. Just nuked the crap out of them instead.

I mean really, who made that decision and why did you think it was a good idea or going to fly with the community? You can't give something nice then just obliterate it without backlash.