Star Fortress Heroic no longer soloable...

TX_Angel

Well, that was fun...

Main DPS Commando, mix of 208/216/220 gear, all augmented with 208.

Lana in healing stance, rank 49 influence.

---

Death, death, more death... the difference is night and day, she's useless now.

Oh, I suppose if I went and smashed my head against the wall for 2+ hours, I might get lucky and muddle through it, but no thanks.

Glad I finished all 6 before the nuke from orbit. This won't make me group for them, this will make me never do them again.

Oh joy, less to do, less reason to sub.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heroic mission designed for a team of 2 players is no longer soloable? Say it isn't so!

Spoken like someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about and really doesn't

Like TX said ERIC clearly said H2s are meant to be done with your companion filling the second position.

Not sure if that was sarcasm about there being a difference between H2 and H2+, but I think I've only ever seen a single H2 without the + on the end in all the years I've played. And I don't remember what it was.

So I think he meant H2+. Just saying.

Edited by E-Zekiel

The companions WERE overpowered in most of the game.

Regular quests were a joke to complete. Most Heroics were as well, and while they're a bit more challenging now, they're easily still soloable as intended.

The Star Fortress was challenging before to solo, but doable. Now it's an absolute impossibility for virtually anyone, and that's being generous.

Tried on my 65 Shadow, with 208 gear, Lana at level 21. Everything is challenging but ok up to the first Knight of Zakuul, who proceeds to stomp us into the deck plates regardless of what mode I put Lana in. Maybe a tank might fare better, MAYBE. But anyone else? It's grouping or no chance, and even then I'm not confident that the champion level critters can be beat.

This definitely needs adjustment on some level.

The companions WERE overpowered in most of the game.

Regular quests were a joke to complete. Most Heroics were as well, and while they're a bit more challenging now, they're easily still soloable as intended.

The Star Fortress was challenging before to solo, but doable. Now it's an absolute impossibility for virtually anyone, and that's being generous.

Tried on my 65 Shadow, with 208 gear, Lana at level 21. Everything is challenging but ok up to the first Knight of Zakuul, who proceeds to stomp us into the deck plates regardless of what mode I put Lana in. Maybe a tank might fare better, MAYBE. But anyone else? It's grouping or no chance, and even then I'm not confident that the champion level critters can be beat.

This definitely needs adjustment on some level.

This is a perfect example of how you can admit that yes there was a problem with comps being *somewhat* OP, but also acknowledging that Biofail swung the nerf bat way too hard....AGAIN.

For all those douchenozzles saying that the nerf was correct...I hope you all get cold sores.

NO THERE ISN'T! Every Heroic says Heroic 2+

Try again you almost managed it.

That guy just made me facepalm, thinking he found something incredibly clever while every quest log in the game proves him wrong indeed. :p

And here's to hoping they actually do some proper balancing so that those things are somewhat doable. The SFs were already incredibly, mind numbingly boring before... I shudder to think about how they'll be now...

The point I think you are missing is that someone said for the SOLO mission, it is impossible with a healer to SOLO.

I'm going to be super pissed about this too. Because of my life being the way it is, I get very little time to play, but I enjoy playing. Thus, I don't have time to do things like wait around to get a group going for something and go. I have time for me to do whatever on my own. I loved the fact I could solo the star fortresses (not on heroic mode).

If they got nerfed that badly, this screws over people like me. I joined this game because I was sick of WoW getting to a point where all it would let you do was raid.

Eric, even though we are arguing and people are being childish, please listen to these posts. I enjoyed actually getting things done and not needing help. I get that people were ************ like crazy for what feels like stupid reasons. But please make it so that we can do what you said like be able to solo the solo missions. It defeats the purpose when we run out of things to do. Would it be possible to have an item or something similar to the xp buff? Where you could go to a vendor and TURN IT OFF if it was bothering you. It would give a chance for players who feel the game is too easy to go where they are happy and let others who don't have the time to do all of the group stuff able to have fun as well. thank you.

I wish people would stop saying there suppose to take 2 players, Eric came out and said that so please check the dev posted; it mean you and a companion. Sadly from what people are saying it sounds like the not true. I haven't got patched in yet. I didn't mind in the old game that they were hard or I need help from a friend because I didn't need to grind them to get my alliance system up. If I can't solo them without to much problems, as I play early and late hours when getting a group together is a pain then I don't see myself staying interested. Does that mean I will quite probably not for a while but I could see it eventual causing me to loses interested.

As other said I was really enjoying the game and even if the expansion wasn't as good as I hope (choice really didn't matter that much). I was enjoying doing the old content because I could solo it easy and fast. Maybe if enough people leave or they see a drop in activity they will change it. Not saying they didn't need adjustment but from what I'm seeing it sound like they over did it.

"The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two. If you find this isn't true for any Heroics tomorrow, let us know." - Eric Musco

Let them know! Post wherever you need to so they don't miss it.

"The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two. If you find this isn't true for any Heroics tomorrow, let us know." - Eric Musco

Let them know! Post wherever you need to so they don't miss it.

Oh I get the feeling Eric is going to dread looking at the forums tomorrow when he gets into work.

Well I did the H2 Starfortress tonight without the terminal buffs or the alliance abilities you pick up, with a rank 21 Lana, had no problems until the bit where you go from platform to plaftorm shutting down the reactor core and fighting oodles of adds while breaking the Exarch's shield. There I ran into 2 problems. First the adds were sometimes immune to my AOE attacks, and sometimes Lana would freeze in middle of room.

Took me five tries but got past that. Final fight was a challenge but I killed the boss on my first go.

I was running a Powertech Advanced Prototype spec in a mix of 216-224 gear.

Oh I get the feeling Eric is going to dread looking at the forums tomorrow when he gets into work.

Pretty sure most people believe he just phrased it poorly, and was talking about planetary heroics.

I'm trying to figure out why half of the community seems absolutely certain they SHOULD be able to solo a HC Star Fortress.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm not the greatest of players, but am able to handle a great deal. Sith Inquisitor main and I was able to (barely) solo the heroic star fortress pre 4.0.2 (got the cheevo, companion died at the end so I got the last hits). Post 4.0.2 I can't take down a Zakuul Knight. My companion is Scorpio, at rank 24. Things look like they go ok for a while and then she just stops healing.

So there ya go, Eric - that's my pre and post 4.0.2 experience.

Pretty sure most people believe he just phrased it poorly, and was talking about planetary heroics.

I'm trying to figure out why half of the community seems absolutely certain they SHOULD be able to solo a HC Star Fortress.

Well maybe because -

One for All

Challenging achievement that require you to solo the heroic mode and do it without interacting with the buff terminal from the start.

A heroic mission designed for a team of 2 players is no longer soloable? Say it isn't so!

INDEED.

There's a reason why it is called HEROIC 2. The '2' bit is a clue.

Aaah-- reading other posts, all the incompetent people now dying like flies. How about they actually learn how to play the game? As in, learn how to play their class, just a bit. In combat one actually has to do stuff, not just headbutt the '1' key while texting an idiot friend on the phone.

The one and only achievement. - Not the most casual player is gonna manage, but a decently capable player could. Not so much anymore.