Getting destroyed in Makeb. Companions can't keep up with heals.

Gorrdan

Lvl 53 Jedi Sentinel.

Rank 8 Kira Carsen ( All my other comps are rank 1 to 5 and they died in matter of seconds too)

One gold star, one silver and 4 normal mob. Kira dead in seconds and then me. And this is just questing and dealing with those tight spots which are jam packed with mobs.

She can not keep up with healing. And yesterday i did couple of Heroics without any trouble.

I will try this for couple of other characters but i don't see myself continue for long because this grind for dailies is why i quit in first place. I have lost all will to log in after this. And i played a lot during this last month more than i played since release. Have fun with influence grind and even then who knows how they heal at high levels.

Earlier atleast people with low influence comps had a shot at completing content at smooth rate.

Edited by Gorrdan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to pro-nerfs just like life there are challenges and obstacles where you will grow up and out of the game

Been there and done that really, I was very happy that i could level alts and play through same content over and over again considering the smooth leveling and being able to complete heroics and dailies at my own pace.

This nerf was really excessive and people like me with low influence comp stand no chance now. This last month was probably the most fun i had in SWTOR since release. Although short lived.

Edited by Gorrdan

Lvl 53 Jedi Sentinel.

Rank 8 Kira Carsen ( All my other comps are rank 1 to 5 and they died in matter of seconds too)

One gold star, one silver and 4 normal mob. Kira dead in seconds and then me. And this is just questing and dealing with those tight spots which are jam packed with mobs.

She can not keep up with healing. And yesterday i did couple of Heroics without any trouble.

I will try this for couple of other characters but i don't see myself continue for long because this grind for dailies is why i quit in first place. I have lost all will to log in after this. And i played a lot during this last month more than i played since release. Have fun with influence grind and even then who knows how they heal at high levels.

Earlier atleast people with low influence comps had a shot at completing content at smooth rate.

if it makes you feel better, i died multiple times trying to solo the viper's nest h2 with a choza healer at 49 influence. i have completed all companion stories on all classes, so i have near max possible presence. my newish 65 dps guardian, using heroic moment, got mowed down in rather humiliating fashion.

*shrug*

dts

if it makes you feel better, i died multiple times trying to solo the viper's nest h2 with a choza healer at 49 influence. i have completed all companion stories on all classes, so i have near max possible presence. my newish 65 dps guardian, using heroic moment, got mowed down in rather humiliating fashion.

*shrug*

dts

Well then casual players like me with low level companions stand no chance here. Looks like time to find another game. But hey at least i had one very good month. :)

Been there and done that really, I was very happy that i could level alts and play through same content over and over again considering the smooth leveling and being able to complete heroics and dailies at my own pace.

This nerf was really excessive and people like me with low influence comp stand no chance now. This last month was probably the most fun i had in SWTOR since release. Although short lived.

My sentiments as well.

Did you just start playing post 4.0? Its pretty much same as its always been.

If you did, oh well, sorry to see you go, have a good life.

I mentioned in my OP that i have been playing since release and this last month was most enjoyable due to the new pace that was set for completing content thanks to buff to comps healing.

I don't understand why you didn't just quit years ago then. Oh well.

I did couple of times. But this new content really pulled me in because i wasn't forced to depend upon other players to complete daily content. I was happy soloing at my own pace and jump into OPS and FP whenever i felt like through GF.

Sound like they over did it, which come as no surprise to me. I've got some of the presence buff but not many of the datecorn wonder how bad that going to hurt me. I also only have my companion at mid 20-30, sound like I won't be able to do heroic. I'll still loading but early feedback not very reassuring. I will see if it any fun. If not I will do something else and see if they will fix it. Really if it just going to be a pain to do heroic which I now have to do to level my alliance (didn't care int he old system as I didn't need to grind them) then I'm going to loses interested real fast.

Sound like they over did it, which come as no surprise to me. I've got some of the presence buff but not many of the datecorn wonder how bad that going to hurt me. I also only have my companion at mid 20-30, sound like I won't be able to do heroic. I'll still loading but early feedback not very reassuring. I will see if it any fun. If not I will do something else and see if they will fix it. Really if it just going to be a pain to do heroic which I now have to do to level my alliance (didn't care int he old system as I didn't need to grind them) then I'm going to loses interested real fast.

Comps are now even weaker than they were during 3.0 which absolutely makes no sense. When rank 50 comps are getting destroyed what chance do you think players like me have?

Personally I'm just wondering how they expect everyone to have an Influence 50 companion from the get-go, since they obviously set that as the baseline for their target numbers (which are still ridiculously low). Sure, gifts drop left and right now, but considering it literally takes hours upon hours of clicking them to raise your companion to that level, assuming you even have a steady source of them before you start playing the game, it's pretty ridiculous.

Lvl 53 Jedi Sentinel.

You mean you may have to *GASP* group up with other people!!!! In an MMO!!!

I do group in FPs and OP's. if you think i am going to start spamming LFG for dailies then you are out of your mind. I have 10 alts and i love playing them all.

Right now i would rather drag my balls through broken glass than even think about doing daily heroics on my alts.

Edited by Gorrdan

that was not the intent of the developers. the developers have specifically stated that H2 content in 4.0 includes a player and his companion. a solo player and his companion should be sufficient. the developers asked that if such material was not manageable with solo player and his companion that we should post about our difficulties. and so i do.

furthermore, the genesis poster is having considerable difficulty completing the basic class mission content on makeb. he was able to overcome obstacles in such content yesterday, but not today. it seems unlikely that his difficulties were the intended results of the developers.

swtor is a mmo, but the developers have included a great deal of content that is meant to (or at least possible to) complete as a solo player. class missions on makeb are such content. so to are h2s.

dts.

that was not the intent of the developers. the developers have specifically stated that H2 content in 4.0 includes a player and his companion. a solo player and his companion should be sufficient. the developers asked that if such material was not manageable with solo player and his companion that we should post about our difficulties. and so i do.

furthermore, the genesis poster is having considerable difficulty completing the basic class mission content on makeb. he was able to overcome obstacles in such content yesterday, but not today. it seems unlikely that his difficulties were the intended results of the developers.

swtor is a mmo, but the developers have included a great deal of content that is meant to (or at least possible to) complete as a solo player. class missions on makeb are such content. so to are h2s.

dts.

Thanks. The whole purpose of KOTFE was to make daily grind easier not more difficult considering how many of those are now. I was still playing in group in OPS and FP's where grouping really is needed not in daily grind.

Well then casual players like me with low level companions stand no chance here. Looks like time to find another game. But hey at least i had one very good month. :)

I just got killed doing the Heroic +2 Breakthrough on Belsavis. 2 golds + 2 silvers + 1 extra gold that was walking by and aggro...

This seems to be happen when you get attacked my many enemies, companions are no match if attacked my multiple enemies... so sad

I just got killed doing the Heroic +2 Breakthrough on Belsavis. 2 golds + 2 silvers + 1 extra gold that was walking by and aggro...

This seems to be happen when you get attacked my many enemies, companions are no match if attacked my multiple enemies... so sad

I tried with a healing class, which did a little better but on my DPS classes? No chance with my lvl 10 companions.

Also i noticed that healing sometimes doesn't trigger on time or is very inconsistent.

Makeb? Mine can't even keep up with my level 59 SI on Dromund Kaas! XD

The heroic in the dark temple had two golds getting me down below half health with companion on healing. I had to start healing myself! :p

Next I took a look at the Shadow Spawn DK heroic. Tried companion out on damage and was having a really difficult time actually selecting him so I could shield and heal him (it kept reselecting the enemies instead). Moment I did an attack all enemies went back to me.

Just now I tried setting my companion to tank... and that actually seems to work. He doesn't lose as much health as when he's on Damage, and while the enemies may temporarily try to have a chew on me he draws them back to him quickly enough.

So try setting your companion to Tank and see how it handles?

Makeb? Mine can't even keep up with my level 59 SI on Dromund Kaas! XD

The heroic in the dark temple had two golds getting me down below half health with companion on healing. I had to start healing myself! :p

Next I took a look at the Shadow Spawn DK heroic. Tried companion out on damage and was having a really difficult time actually selecting him so I could shield and heal him (it kept reselecting the enemies instead). Moment I did an attack all enemies went back to me.

Just now I tried setting my companion to tank... and that actually seems to work. He doesn't lose as much health as when he's on Damage, and while the enemies may temporarily try to have a chew on me he draws them back to him quickly enough.

So try setting your companion to Tank and see how it handles?

I will give it a shot as a tank. Even though with my low influence i doubt it will make any difference.

My influence is only at 6 and while on tank my comp does take damage and get beaten down a little it seems better than the other two roles :)

Tried with tank as you suggested. Much slower and felt like a drag especially on my main which has to deal with alliance grind. If KOTFE didn't bring this heroic grind i wouldn't care much but those heroics have become a necessity.

Seriously, no joy here.

Well, I have a level 65 dps char with 216 gear, level 23 influence Healer comp.

I can barely get through the Heroic 2+ missions (I'm not talking about star fortress) which give me the stuff I need for the allience grind. I have to wait for ages between fights to get my defensive cooldowns all off the CD between them.

Before KOTFE, my char had 192 gear and Old Quinn healed better. I didn't even have to forcefeed him gifts. So its not me being a bad player, since I never had trouble during Shadow of Revan.

I'm not subbing again. I just bought the 60 days for levelling alts, but ... I can't do that now. I don't have the money to do what BW and elitist scum wants, to spluge money into cartel coins, than sell those for credits which I can buy gifts with so I can raise a healer to influence 50 just so I can do content again.

This is the worst thing they ever did to their game.

Well...

just one question then eric:

for those of us who like to play solo like me, will I still be able to go through with my healing companion and do the weekly heroics to build our influence/alliance? because right now that's all I've got to work with solo wise.

Absolutely! It certainly may be a bit more challenging than before but you can complete them. The intent is that you can complete any [Heroic 2] with your Companion counting as one of the two. If you find this isn't true for any Heroics tomorrow, let us know.

-eric

So yeah, nice troll 0/10.

Edited by Trythios