4.0 HM progression suggestions?

What paths have midcore, capable raiding guilds found to be suggested for raiding now?

Obviously HM EV and KP are first to clear.

We have found HM S&V pretty doable up to Styrak, especially after we farmed the crap out of HM EV+ last week.

1st boss HM TFB is easy but 2nd boss seems like a big step up.

Anyone else find they are taking weaving paths through the content now?

What paths have midcore, capable raiding guilds found to be suggested for raiding now?

Obviously HM EV and KP are first to clear.

We have found HM S&V pretty doable up to Styrak, especially after we farmed the crap out of HM EV+ last week.

1st boss HM TFB is easy but 2nd boss seems like a big step up.

If you don't have all the HM content on farm it's like....pretty much a l2p issue, only challenging fights are styrak and raptus but still very very doable

Having killed most HM bosses since 4.0 by now, I think you are overcomplicating it. In the end, it depends on how well you know the fights. If you participated during progression before, I'd recommend starting with those bosses. If you know all the bosses, you should just pick the Priority Target for maximum loot.

For example, in my raid group we've already seen nearly all HM bosses during the initial progression so it is just a matter of getting used to having to avoid damage again and healing more than we are used to, and then it is a walk in the park. Like where other guilds were wiping a whole evening on Zorn and Toth, we just killed them on the second try.

Now, we just focus on whatever is the Priority Target, and if we have some time left, farm additional relics from Eternity Vault.

If you don't have all the HM content on farm it's like....pretty much a l2p issue, only challenging fights are styrak and raptus but still very very doable

Bront is comparable for Styrak can be done with 5 dps at very least without that much of a problem.

Having killed most HM bosses since 4.0 by now, I think you are overcomplicating it. In the end, it depends on how well you know the fights. If you participated during progression before, I'd recommend starting with those bosses. If you know all the bosses, you should just pick the Priority Target for maximum loot.

Like where other guilds were wiping a whole evening on Zorn and Toth, we just killed them on the second try.

That. Except loot doesn't matter that much for progression.

Current HM tiers: easy (EV, KP, TfB) - for the latter you have to know mechanics and execute them. For the mentioned 2nd boss pretty much all you have to do is follow kill order, don't sleep on interrupts, move carefully but a lot with green circles in order not to consume them by mistake and last but not least make your healers not using HOTs on tank as Kelsara phase begins. I'd recommend one of the tanks to taunt her after each green beam and stay away from the raid, with another tank taunting immediately after leech. Makes coordination lot easier.

Sorry for bit of offtopic.

Mid tier: DF, SnV, probably EV. For EV you will need to learn mechanics like was stated above. All of those feature some kind of dps/coordination checks which are beatable with gear you should have by now.

Hard tier: Ravs, ToS, DP. First two are hard largely due to people lacking coordination/not knowing mechanics. Numbers-wise ToS is probably the easiest. First 4 on ToS and 3 on Ravs are walk in a park now, go for those if you haven't tried yet, now it's a good time to learn fights and so on.

DP features insane dps check on Calph and gear/coordination check for tanks on Raptus. Since ppl know DP better than ToS, for example, palace is still technically easier to clear 5/5 but other than that 3rd boss there is about as hard as 4th in Ravs and ToS until Revan doesn't feature really hard fights now.

TL;DR: Go for fights you want to try, now is a great time to go for them all. Although it's a good idea to look at tier system above to not get too frustrated wiping on Calph cause he alone is harder than the whole EV/KP/TfB.

Edited by Lodinn

Not really on hardmode, Nightmare sure but hardmode or more or less same level as the other operations.

Except Zorn & Toth is probably the most punishing first boss of just any operation. I mean, it's way easier to misstep and land some dot/extra hit and die or have 4 melee in a group and have a very fun time.

Anyone had any trouble with Master and Blaster? We've cleared everything else including Revan since 4.0, but M&B seem to be overtuned. Their HP appears to have doubled, while our DPS most certainly has not. Pre 4.0 we'd push master after only 2 rain of pains, but after a bunch of pulls in the last couple of days, the best we've done in 67% after 3 rain of pains. And that's with three ranged all on master pretty much as soon as he drops down.

Yup.

I don't consider myself to be bleeding edge progression, just 'midcore' as you noted, and we've been breaking in two healers I'm unfamiliar with and a new tank who has only DPSed up until 4.0. So far, through three weeks, we're following the gear--HM EV for two weeks, HM S&V this week.

Eventually, I'd like to clear every pre-SoR Op in HM, again, in my case, but also at level, and move on to once again working on HM Rav and ToS. But I've no set linear path to reach those goals, thanks to the way the Operations work now.

Anyone had any trouble with Master and Blaster? We've cleared everything else including Revan since 4.0, but M&B seem to be overtuned. Their HP appears to have doubled, while our DPS most certainly has not. Pre 4.0 we'd push master after only 2 rain of pains, but after a bunch of pulls in the last couple of days, the best we've done in 67% after 3 rain of pains. And that's with three ranged all on master pretty much as soon as he drops down.

Have only done it since 4.0 dropped in 16m and the lag was 2 stronk for a clear. Should do 8m again and see how it is.

Edited by FerkWork

M&B seems to be the hardest hm boss atm. We pushed him before the 6th laser though, so before the 3rd red zones. Final burn Phasse is tuned quite tight as well. He easyly competes with most nim bosses for difficulty.

Sadly Coratani is quite the joke compared to 3.0

Edited by meisterjedi

M&B seems to be the hardest hm boss atm. We pushed him before the 6th laser though, so before the 3rd red zones. Final burn Phasse is tuned quite tight as well. He easyly competes with most nim bosses for difficulty.

Is that both Ruugar and Cora? Thats sad as I enjoyed that fight in 3.0

Well before 4.0 we normally pushed him as 3rd (iirc) set of circles disappeared and didn't have 2nd rain of pain at all if group was somewhat decent. Not to say about pressure on tank/healers. I just think they looked at all the cheesing with double PT or sin not doing swaps etc etc and decided to cut it down prolonging the fight and making cooldown rotating not so viable. But that means more cheesing using the rest of the group incoming ^^

Tbh we had problems with both tanks in phase 2 but they didn't have their gear updated by then. If getting unlucky mitigation sequences, tank on Blaster just got out of range and died. Maybe was just an gear issue *shrug*

And we never made to see Cora cause of that, so M&B needs more poking with a more solid stick then.

What about Cora? Did they nerf mice spikes or what?

they nerfed the dps check on cora into the ground (1 min left on rugar enrage, cora + bird down after 3 min) and the dots/mice do way less dmg. don't remember the tank dmg, but I didn't feel very threatened at any point

Well, given there was nothing to do but survive and dps/heal like mad the whole fight I can imagine it's now easy indeed. So M&B is truly the nastiest. Gonna go for it again when we all have 216+ and tanks have an option to survive spikes 8)

What I noticed about Master and Blaster now is Masters auto attack zap zap hurts like hell. Was hitting me unmitigated for 18k as a shadow in 220+some 224. Shielded was roughly 9k, but if you get unlucky and don't shield your taking a crap ton of burst damage in a very short window

What I noticed about Master and Blaster now is Masters auto attack zap zap hurts like hell. Was hitting me unmitigated for 18k as a shadow in 220+some 224. Shielded was roughly 9k, but if you get unlucky and don't shield your taking a crap ton of burst damage in a very short window

BW be like yo have some more defense for those F/T attacks! :p

l2p, where the p stands for "post 4.0 transfer off server with 7 revanchists while doing less damage on core than people did in 3.0"