Cartel Certificates, post 4.0

SOULCASTER

Yeah they got rid of the need for certs and basically added all the cert items into the gold packs along with the direct purchase items as well

Well i was looking to use the certs more for some of the dye kits that are on the reputation vendors. Which usually cost about 1 or 2 certs and 20,000 credits. So it's ridiculously easier and cheaper to do it that way than to buy dyes.

...the trick now is getting the certs again.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Well i was looking to use the certs more for some of the dye kits that are on the reputation vendors. Which usually cost about 1 or 2 certs and 20,000 credits. So it's ridiculously easier and cheaper to do it that way than to buy dyes.

...the trick now is getting the certs again.

Yeah true they should have just made it like a 10% chance to get a cert from the gold packs, 5% for silver, and 1% for bronze maby

Hopefully they bring the certs back to packs (or at the very least, bring the older pre-4.0 packs back). There's not a whole heck of a lot that I really want with the certs that I don't already have. Perhaps it's time to add another couple handfuls of items to the Cartel Bazaar vendors?

Yeah they got rid of the need for certs and basically added all the cert items into the gold packs along with the direct purchase items as well

You haven;t been to a legacy vendor lately, I take it? There are plenty of vendors who take certs.

I feel like they should just remove Certs from the game entirely, and maybe bump up the credit cost of Reputation items in turn to balance it. Being able to buy direct for credits should be the reward for having that specific Cartel Reputation.

Why should Joe-Schmo be able to get a Legend-rank Reputation item on the GTN for 100k, when it costs someone who maxed the Reputation at a cost of hundreds of dollars of CC's more credits, and THEN a boatload of Cartel Certs on top of that!

The only loser in this situation is the one that paid BW the most money, and that's just wrong.

They can buy it, but they can't USE it; you have to be of Legendary rank to use a legendary-required item, even a BoE rep item bought off the GTN with a reputation level requirement.

Check again.

None of the GTN-listed former Reputation items have a Reputation requirement: you can buy a Resplendent Crown of Avarice on the GTN for like 150k credits, no Rep required. Can use it on a fresh level 1 new Legacy if you've got the cash.

The Bounty Broker Reputation version of the same item costs 100k credits, 6 Cartel Certs, and Legend Reputation.

The only person getting screwed is the one who had to pay CC for now-irrelevant and kind of pointless Reputation, since most of items can be bought on the GTN for credits now.

Edited by Transairion

Check again.

None of the GTN-listed former Reputation items have a Reputation requirement: you can buy a Resplendent Crown of Avarice on the GTN for like 150k credits, no Rep required. Can use it on a fresh level 1 new Legacy if you've got the cash.

I know the gun Gallantry still requires Legendary rep to equip - or at least it's tool tip on the auction house says so.

• 3 weeks later...