Financial Crisis

Darth_Krushya

BioWare - What are you doing?

You greatly reduced credits from Slicing Nodes and removed credits altogether from large foot lockers (treasure chests).

You turned daily heroics into weeklies.

You make the level go down to level of the lower level planet I visit.

I barely get commendations (data crystals now). Data Crystals barely exist on Rishii.

I don't always want to run content all the time. I want to collect gear and high level armoring. I want to work on my Strong Hold, which is only half finished. I need credits and data crystals for those things.

If you are reducing or cutting off my sources of income, I won't be able to do anything.

If I am a paying subscriber, I should be able to play however I wish, not be forced to play strictly content. I WILL play content when I'm ready to.

Give me the freedom to play how I wish, not the way you want me to.

Give me more in-game money so that I can enjoy more in-game freedom.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar

Credits are no problem whatsoever at high levels. With several toons you can get literally millions a day if you wish. They made some rather small adjustments to help reduce inflation which is rather high as it is. I do not see a problem. *shrug*

My experience?

I'm getting more from heroics than I did when they were dailies.

Not only that, I am running planetary heroics much more often ,due to the quick travels.

There's still the daily areas, are there not? Section X, Ziost, etc? Or were those converted as well? They made mad cash if you did them right.

I mean, the credit supply is still up to par, if not improved. The problem is change, rather than the economy itself.

Got to be a troll thread.

I reckon bran's right this time. It effing rains CDCs and credits. If you get your gear up to scratch and don't over-promote your companion(1), you can get loads of both, and interesting decoration drops, and other random junk, by doing stupid stuff like soloing the Destroy Stellar Fortress H2FPs.

(1) I mean it. They are weak in defence, so you must keep the final boss focussed on you. If you over-promote them, you can't do this. 15-22 Influence seems to work OK.

Has to be because... Its downright silly how much you can make now just putzing around. :D

well he did mention chests

and I always found those that relied on chests usually didnt play the rest of the game.

They just ran slicing missions and ran around collecting chests

I make huge money now just doing content personally

and have figured out what replaced my old Rakata Energy Node and Alien Artifact GTN sales

This week alone I have made around 20 million and we just 3 days into this week (SW:TOR WEEK being Tuesday to Monday)

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a Troll Thread. I didn't author this thread to spark negative emotions out of others, assuming that is what the definition of a troll is.

I was upset that BioWare greatly reduced the amount of credits from footlockers and other Slicing Nodes and removing money altogether from the security chests. I don't mind doing heroics solo, but I don't always have friends to team up with. I like to hit the Slicing Nodes so I can buy armor sets for my alts.

You greatly reduced credits from Slicing Nodes and removed credits altogether from large foot lockers (treasure chests).

Yeah I just see chests as randomized gathering resource nodes now. I don't know when crafting materials and companion gifts became suitable rewards for everything, but it makes just about every loot action disappointing.

That and being rewarded a crummy green enhancement 15 levels below the minimum level of the mission.

When you find yourself gutting your own reward system when progression is the entire foundation of the game, I think maybe it's time to step back and take stock of your priorities.

And no, it's not a troll thread. "Troll" now means "any opinion I don't like", or "contains some sarcasm", or "has content which could be considered negative", or just about anything. It makes people feel smart and self-righteous to lob the word around. Don't feed the "it's a troll" trolls.

Edited by Furiant

And no, it's not a troll thread. "Troll" now means "any opinion I don't like", or "contains some sarcasm", or "has content which could be considered negative", or just about anything. It makes people feel smart and self-righteous to lob the word around. Don't feed the "it's a troll" trolls.

Trolling is, among other things, posting complete and utter nonsense to provoke a reaction. This thread qualifies.

thats pretty much what they DID. KOTFE is the result

they removed Credits from the random world chests before KotFE... i used to use those credits to boost the financing of my crafting, they replaced the credits with random crafting bags, i guess to try to appease those that used the extra credits on crafting, but a bag of random crafting materials is a worse idea as it's random...

when i'm gathering materials on a planet, say Grade 5 materials to make something, i don't want to open a random mat bag and get a Grade 1 or Grade 7 mat when i need Grade 5... credits were better because that's never a disappointment and i can put those credits back into crafting, by using those credits to send a companion to get the materials i need... i myself am always broke because i farm the mats and craft almost everything myself for all my characters, so those extra credits helped...

unfortunately i think they removed them as part of their fight against Real Money Traders, who farmed those chests... my brother used to troll one that farmed the same chest all day every day, by beating them to the chest whenever he was in the area, after the removal of credits from chests that Gold Farmer was nowhere to be seen, they abandoned the chest... that's my theory on the credit removal...

i feel ya OP, i hardly ever have more than $500,000 on any character, and that's usually gone in a few hours by sending companions out, it feels like every credit i make doing missions goes right to my companions...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Hey there

I came back to the game last month and had noooo money in the bank too *moths*. I used to make my money from crafting as well, and starting from scratch with a new system was tough in terms of credits. I also haven't sussed out what's selling well either. I sympathise.

I don't have a stronghold, so I have no idea how expensive they are to maintain and decorate, so I really apologise if this isn't a very helpful, but I've been running the weeklies with my 'cheating' lvl 64, and I make about 1.3 million when I do. I don't do them all because I'm not a particularly whizzy player, and I can't be bothered to 'slog' with repeatable quests, so the ones I do are quick an easy. I also stop at Belsavis upwards for the same reason. I end up with 10 crates per faction thingie, I think?

But I appreciate that may be a mere drop in the ocean if you're used to having loads of cash to spend and you've been playing a long time.

Actually the other thing I did was buy an old CM pack from the GTN and happened to luck out on the contents. So, tempting though it was to keep them, I sold them back and made a little profit. Honestly I'm not like this in real life AT ALL but I turn into a rather ghastly stock market trader in mmos. I was awful in WoW! x)

Anyway, hope you find a good income stream. There's lots to spend your money on!

You turned daily heroics into weeklies.

You make the level go down to level of the lower level planet I visit.

I barely get commendations (data crystals now). Data Crystals barely exist on Rishii.

I don't always want to run content all the time. I want to collect gear and high level armoring. I want to work on my Strong Hold, which is only half finished. I need credits and data crystals for those things.

If you are reducing or cutting off my sources of income, I won't be able to do anything.

If I am a paying subscriber, I should be able to play however I wish, not be forced to play strictly content. I WILL play content when I'm ready to.

Give me the freedom to play how I wish, not the way you want me to.

Give me more in-game money so that I can enjoy more in-game freedom.

The slicing nodes were overtuned because of the agglomeration of them on Yavin. Ergo, they had two choices: prevent the agglomeration or tune down the credit gain.

You seem oblivious to the phenomenon called price inflation. If they "give" you more credits (gief free plz !!!!), everybody else gets this too, which leads to staggering price inflation, meaning your extra income is practically neutralized by the price increase. The only thing this serves is to lock out new players from the market, which benefits nobody.

Price inflation comes naturally to a certain extent as base income and base costs (quest rewards and vendor/mod item cost) goes up. This isn't hurtful. But an artificial increase in funds like you want leads to massive price inflation, which doesn't help you at all. Simply, it just adds another zero behind all debit and credit posts.

My personal experience is that credits are far easier to gain since 4.0. The demand on mainly slicing materials is huge. Make a few alts and focus your entire legacy on 1-2 professions is key; diversification is only good on a macro scale. You should focus and streamline your operation to ascertain most efficient output.

I make roughly 5 million per day from slicing alone, which is faster than I can spend it. Another solid profession these days is diplomacy because even the blue material sells well, mainly due to removal of reusable biochem consumables. I solidify my main slicing business with some diplomacy on the side, which on a daily basis nets me around 500k (with diplomacy only being run on two alts).

Weekly heroics give more credits than ever before but is, in comparison to gathering and crafting (which is your bread and butter), secondary because it is time consuming. Again this game heavily favours a well-built legacy, as in if you want heroics to be your main source of income you should have 3-4 or so characters to run them on to ascertain that you don't complete them all in a day and wait for next week.

TL;DR: Credit gain is fine, focus on crafting which is best income per unit of time spent. More credit gain from artificial sources leads to price inflation which doesn't help your situation, OP.

Edited by Eksenia

You greatly reduced credits from Slicing Nodes ...

I haven't really noticed this (just haven't cared - never spent my time running around specifically looking for them like I would for other materials).

What I have noticed is that the credits you get from Slicing missions has been reduced. I used to be able to print credits just having my companions doing nothing but the Rich and Bountiful missions. Now it amounts to a slight net loss. I think the number of extras (crafting missions) that come are also down too. Now, I can only make net positive by selling those missions on the GTN (haven't gotten around to doing it yet - used to be a nice bonus and now required to stay in the black).