Can Trick-shot become a passive. Vote

killjoyHero

It's annoying at this point every time I used one of the 3 main abilities (or 4 can't really re-call) I have to remember to press Trick-shot....like really guys all the crazy abilities we have, we got to worry about another one.................

How about we make it a passive:)

Every time we used one of the 3-4 moves that triggers Trick-shot it will fire automatically.

Please don't be that guy and tell me that we can manage Trick-shot, we have enough bars, l2p, I can't see why we need it to make this game easier, just don't. Lets try to give this class a little buff that it needs badly.

In all honesty I don't know how 90% of the people playing this game..."play this game effectively" without a Razer Naga. I mean there's clicking.. but I did say "effectively" sooo yeah.

Edited by killjoyHero

You're kidding, right? Marksmanship / Sharpshooter, rotation-wise, is one of the easiest specs in the game (at least it's not AP PT), it doesn't need to get that treatment. Besides, you don't always want to blindly press Followthrough whenever it procs.

It's annoying at this point every time I used one of the 3 main abilities (or 4 can't really re-call) I have to remember to press Trick-shot....like really guys all the crazy abilities we have, we got to worry about another one.................

How about we make it a passive:)

Every time we used one of the 3-4 moves that triggers Trick-shot it will fire automatically.

Please don't be that guy and tell me that we can manage Trick-shot, we have enough bars, l2p, I can't see why we need it to make this game easier, just don't. Lets try to give this class a little buff that it needs badly.

In all honesty I don't know how 90% of the people playing this game..."play this game effectively" without a Razer Naga. I mean there's clicking.. but I did say "effectively" sooo yeah.

Well first, there's already a big glowing box of "Hey dumb dumb press me" every time you get the proc...second, You don't get much more mind-numbing than marksman as far as rotations go. Not to mention due to mechanics, resource management, and target swapping you don't want an ability triggering that you have no control over. And lastly, I will be that guy because needing to remember to use one of the 3 defining moves of the tree is a "L2P issue.

I don't know in PvE, but in PvP sometimes (quite rare occurence) after Penetrating Blasts (Penetrating Rounds), I use Ambush instead of Followthrough (Trickshot version of sniper), because I know my target will be out of sight and I know using Followthrough won't kill them, but Ambush does.

Or sometimes Takedown (Quickdraw) instead of Followthrough because of the same above reason. It's kinda situational imo.

Well first, there's already a big glowing box of "Hey dumb dumb press me" every time you get the proc...
Not True...When you get the Trick-shot proc it just looks like any other ability without the shade

And lastly, I will be that guy because needing to remember to use one of the 3 defining moves of the tree is a "L2P issue.
What are you talking about? Who needs to remember to use one of the 3 defining moves of the tree? Where did that come from?

Not to mention due to mechanics, resource management, and target swapping you don't want an ability triggering that you have no control over.
The way I wanted the passive to work was it would fire instantly, automatically, cost no resource, and wouldn't trigger a Global cooldown you wouldn't have to worry about hitting someone right after swapping targets Edited by killjoyHero

Not True...When you get the Trick-shot proc it just looks like any other ability without the shade

What are you talking about? Who needs to remember to use one of the 3 defining moves of the tree? Where did that come from?

The way I wanted the passive to work was it would fire instantly, automatically, cost no resource, and wouldn't trigger a Global cooldown you wouldn't have to worry about hitting someone right after swapping targets

It comes from the fact that in Marksman, you get 3 unique moves. Penetrating rounds (and reset, but not really a move), ambush, and follow through. outside of those 3, there's snipe and dart. A grand total of 5 things you have to remember. If you have trouble remembering a 5 ability rotation, then a passive is the least of your worries. And your suggestion that the passive gives you a free ability that you don't have to remember would be the same as just adding damage to the 3 abilities that proc it and frankly, adding the damage would be an easier solution. Bad idea is bad.

Disclaimer: Below is all PvE point of view.

Lets try to give this class a little buff that it needs badly.

We never needed a buff and still do not need a buff. Sharpshooter/Marksmanship has, as far as I know, always been viable for any content.

I found a total of 27 abilities which can be used by Sharpshooter, I was looking on my sniper so translations may be off.

1. Surrender
  2. Leg shot
  3. Diversion
  4. That lv61 ability (Sniper and Slinger are still 60)
  5. Sweeping gunfire
  6. XS Flyby
  7. Charged burst
  8. Aimed shot
  9. Burst Volley
  10. Penetrating Rounds
  11. Vital Shot
  12. Dirty Kick
  13. The free attack equivalent of Rifle shot
  14. Quickdraw
  15. Trickshot
  16. Coolhead
  17. Flashbang
  18. Smuggler's Luck
  19. Illigal Mods
  20. Cover
  21. Hightail it
  22. Your interupt
  23. Hunker down
  24. Ballistic shield
  25. Dodge
  26. Defense screen
  27. Your stun breaker

One could argue that you could put the following on a clickable spot instead of a keybind:

Defensives (4-6 depending if you count Hightail it and the 61 ability)

Offensives (2-3 depending if you count Burst Volley)

And Surrender

That means that you need a minimum of 17 keybinds, maximum of 27. Lucky enough you had 27 available. So that is the keybind problem taken care of.

Also I am currently using 30 keybinds comfortably with another 6 easy to reach keys (though has abilities I barrely use or none at all) and my mouse has only 2 extra buttons. Those 2 extra buttons don't cost much and I use those ALOT outside of gaming.

So now to the last part, why Trickshot should NOT be a passive. Many people replace Trickshot with Quickdraw when the target is below 30% health. If you keep using Trickshot when available while also using Quickdraw, then you will delay Aimed shot, Quickdraw and Penetrating Rounds. Basically you delay ALOT of damage and that is bad.

The way I wanted the passive to work was it would fire instantly, automatically, cost no resource, and wouldn't trigger a Global cooldown you wouldn't have to worry about hitting someone right after swapping targets

That kind of burst would be ridiculously overpowered. The spec's burst is already seen as being borderline overpowered (if you ask me, there's nothing borderline about it) and this would make it insane.

If you have trouble remembering a 5 ability rotation.

I don't have trouble remembering our rotation.......

the passive gives you a free ability that you don't have to remember would be the same as just adding damage to the 3 abilities that proc it and frankly, adding the damage would be an easier solution.

I really just wanted Trick-Shot gone but it look like Bio-Ware put a lot of time into it

Edited by killjoyHero

So now to the last part, why Trickshot should NOT be a passive. Many people replace Trickshot with Quickdraw when the target is below 30% health. If you keep using Trickshot when available while also using Quickdraw, then you will delay Aimed shot, Quickdraw and Penetrating Rounds. Basically you delay ALOT of damage and that is bad.

The way I wanted the passive to work was it would fire instantly, automatically, cost no resource, and wouldn't trigger a Global cooldown.There wouldn't be a delay for Aimed shot, Quickdraw and Penetrating Rounds or for anything.

I agree this class need nothing at all in PvE easiest thing ever

The way I wanted the passive to work was it would fire instantly, automatically, cost no resource, and wouldn't trigger a Global cooldown.There wouldn't be a delay for Aimed shot, Quickdraw and Penetrating Rounds or for anything.

I agree this class need nothing at all in PvE easiest thing ever

In that case the idea is (sorry for saying this) even worse.

That would be an incredible buff. Think about the damage an auto crit Aimed shot can already do.

Aimed shot + 2x Penetrating rounds in PvP is already incredible damage. Now think of what will happen when you add an automatic, off the gcd, free ability proc after each of those abilities.

The spec would become OP.

So by this change you want to kill the amazing target switching of Sharpshooter? Another thing, is it going to be a dead proc if the target was killed by the previous skill? You want to remove a skill which helps sustain energy management? I have 6.5 energy/sec regen, Trickshot costs 5 so I get 1.5 energy back when using it. And now you will just burn through your energy by charged bursts... Another thing, you may hate it but imo it is one of the awesomest animations on a gunslinger, you want to remove an ability that lots of people love?

And sorry to say that but I don't care if you have keybound every single ability which is not needed at all (Did you keybind quick travel too?) and now you have too many keys, it is your problem. The actual rotation has 5! damaging abilities! Man, if you want to have something easier than SS, play Balance or something... Oh wait, you probably will want to have your dots to be attached to FiB or something...

This "vote" of yours is completely pointless. It is really one of those "let the game play itself" things. I could imagine any other spec to be dumbed down. But WHY Sharpshooter? Easiest. Spec. Ever.

And, I can't resist.

L2P.

I don't know if you're a troll are just stupid? Did you not read the other posts here? "Sigh" I don't feel like saying the same thing over again just read my other posts above your own.......

Another thing, is it going to be a dead proc if the target was killed by the previous skill?
Without it being a passive this happens now.... unless you just used it on another target who isn't dead, but you would have to Debuff first or it would be a dps loss, and if you Debuff you'll have it back anyway.

keybound every single ability which is not needed at all (Did you keybind quick travel too?) and now you have too many keys, it is your problem.
No I didn't keybind Quick Travel. (who the **** would keybind Quick Travel?!) If you're PvE I can see a lot of our abilities being useless and all you have to worry about is your 5 buttons, but i'm PvP we put everything down that is needed to survive and kill.

Another thing, you may hate it but imo it is one of the awesomest animations on a gunslinger, you want to remove an ability that lots of people love?
They can give Trick-shot's animation to our quick-draw.Quick-draw's animation right now looks out of place anyways.Why are two rockets coming from a small gun, how is that "Quick"?

you want to kill the amazing target switching of Sharpshooter?
:confused: It's just like any other class in switching targets nothing "amazing" about it. Learn to switch with other classes buddy. Edited by killjoyHero

Without it being a passive this happens now.... unless you just used it on another target who isn't dead, but you would have to Debuff first or it would be a dps loss, and if you Debuff you'll have it back anyway.

I don't know if you're a troll are just stupid...Did you not read any other post here? "Sigh" I don't feel like saying the same **** over again just read my other post above your own.............

And no I didn't keybind Quick Travel. (who the **** would keybind Quick Travel?!)

This does not happen now if you're paying attention and tab to the next target. You do not have to debuff the target to use the ability. It would be a dps GAIN because you aren't throwing away a skill because the target died during the ability animation. If you don't understand this, then this thread should be closed now because it's obvious you don't raid and will never get it. And good job insulting other people when everyone posting in this thread clearly knows more about the spec than you.

This does not happen now if you're paying attention and tab to the next target. You do not have to debuff the target to use the ability.
You're right you don't have to debuff to use Trick-shot. But come on you would Trick-shot other than Vital Shot(5% more damage for 45s+dot)) on a new target? :rolleyes:

And good job insulting other "PEOPLE" when everyone posting in this thread clearly knows more about the spec than you.
Hmm it was just him no one else, and it was pretty fair to do so.

clearly knows more about the spec than you.
Sure..... Edited by killjoyHero

You're right you don't have to debuff to use Trick-shot. But come on you would Trick-shot other than Vital Shot(5% more damage for 45s+dot)) on a new target? :rolleyes:

In an op the times you tab target are for an add mechanic. 9/10 adds die before vital shot can tick more than a couple of times. An add will die faster to a trickshot than a vital shot tick/debuff. There's a difference between using a relevant debuff and trying to number pad. But you have fun dotting up shoots lasers and sparky adds that die in under 10 seconds. And seeing as how you are the only on here who has trouble remembering to use trick shot, yeah...I'd say we know the spec better.