Sneaky Move BW

CaptRogue

I finally leveled my Artificing skill to 500, working on my master title. (Didn't even get an achievement for that either. Will see if it gives me Master title after I level Armstech.)

Plus to have the skill to make crystals, relics & dyes.

Only to find at level, I can NOT craft one level 50 crystal! Plus the crystals introduced at 3.0 have been removed completely from game! (Read the PvP crystal schem is gone too.)

Are you kidding me? Why can I not make any level 50 crystals now?

TBH this really looks bad for BW's case. (Eliminate all crystals so you have to buy them from the CM.) I'm not one to diss BW, but I have to say the crafting changes this time around are crap so far!

New relics same stat as archived, only cheaper to make archived ones.

Cybertech is almost completely useless except for earpieces.

Artificing is definitely a trash skill now.

What gives BW? Why did you pull that sneaky move on us, without least mentioning it in the patch notes?!

EDIT: For clarification since some can't grasp that. I'm talking about crafted from trainer! NOT going somewhere else & purchasing patterns from other vendors with coms! So with that said, NO ONE leveling artificing now can craft level 50 crystals, nor the tri-color crystals.

Edited by CaptRogue

This thread is a prime example of what happens when you run to the forums to rage without researching.

This is a prime example of the white knight fan boys rushing to stick up for BW when they didn't even read properly what the OP was asking.

This is a prime example of the white knight fan boys rushing to stick up for BW when they didn't even read properly what the OP was asking.

And what can he not make? The Mats for the Level 50 Crystals are still in game. The Schematics are still in the game, so what's the issue?

It is also an example of people replying without really reading the OP.

The question raised was about making the crystals, not about where to buy them.

The schematics are bought at the vendor they mentioned, not the crystals themselves. This has been the case for a while now.

Really? Did either of you happen to actually read what I said?

Yep, 50 common data crystals each if I remember correctly. Can get all but the War Hero crystals, which are purchased from the PVP vendor on the fleet. Pretty sure that vendor also sells the Yellow crystal schematics.

The conversation was about schematics and, as mentioned by myself and the poster I was quoting, you can get the schematics for the Blue, Red, and Green level 50 artifact crystals from a vendor on Black Hole. The War Hero crystals are sold by the PVP vendor on the fleet, as are the Yellow Crystal schematics. There's nothing to stick up for in the first place because, as clearly shown, you can craft level 50 crystals. The schematics are there just as they always have been. I actually just checked this the other day so I'm quite certain this is the case.

If you're gonna accuse others of not reading things fully, you should make sure you're reading things fully yourself.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

What does it mean when people "white knight" on these forums? Serious question. :rak_03:

Basically anyone who is disagreeing with anyone elses complaint about the game is a "White Knight".

Doesn't really matter how invalid or misguided the complaint was (like this one for example), it still counts as "defending bioware fanatically" according to those who like to complain.

^ Thank you! At least you can read that.

And what can he not make? The Mats for the Level 50 Crystals are still in game. The Schematics are still in the game, so what's the issue?

No Reno, re-read what I wrote in my OP.

I'm not talking about the purchased schematics from BH or the PvP vendor (the War Hero's schematics have been removed from the PvP vendor, also.). I'm talking about the trainable Crystal patterns that come from the Artificing trainer. Specifically the 3 color crystals.

I'm not the only one who's noticed this & trying to find out why.

This thread here explains the same thing.

This thread is a prime example of what happens when you run to the forums to rage without researching.

Ahh but I did do my research. Read above. Plus even my husband's artificer now has crystal patterns removed that he could make pre 4.0.

Your comment is a prime example of you rushing to comment on something you didn't fully comprehend.

ok, OP you scared the crap out of me there, so I logged in to check. my tri color crystal patterns are still there. if you sort by level, they show up as lvl 10. so if you are missing them? I would explore a possibility of bug and file a report

They were not removed from *players* (I have all mine), people are saying they were removed from the *trainer*, so they can't buy them now.

They were not removed from *players* (I have all mine), people are saying they were removed from the *trainer*, so they can't buy them now.

I was responding to this comment specifically

Ahh but I did do my research. Read above. Plus even my husband's artificer now has crystal patterns removed that he could make pre 4.0.

Your comment is a prime example of you rushing to comment on something you didn't fully comprehend.

unless i misunderstood "patterns removed that he could make pre 4.0 ?

if they have removed it from trainers... that is indeed perplexing. I can't believe I'm saying it - but I hope its a bug.

cause if its intentional? bad show, bioware, bad show

No Reno, re-read what I wrote in my OP.

I'm not talking about the purchased schematics from BH or the PvP vendor (the War Hero's schematics have been removed from the PvP vendor, also.). I'm talking about the trainable Crystal patterns that come from the Artificing trainer. Specifically the 3 color crystals.

You weren't talking about purchased schematics from the BH or PVP vendor because you were instead talking about how you couldn't craft any level 50 crystals period:

I finally leveled my Artificing skill to 500, working on my master title. (Didn't even get an achievement for that either. Will see if it gives me Master title after I level Armstech.)

Plus to have the skill to make crystals, relics & dyes.

Only to find at level, I can NOT craft one level 50 crystal! Plus the crystals introduced at 3.0 have been removed completely from game! (Read the PvP crystal schem is gone too.)

Are you kidding me? Why can I not make any level 50 crystals now?

TBH this really looks bad for BW's case. (Eliminate all crystals so you have to buy them from the CM.) I'm not one to diss BW, but I have to say the crafting changes this time around are crap so far!

Nobody misread your post, the statement that you can't craft any level 50 crystals was simply false. Reno and I informed you of where you could find the schematics for level 50 crystals since you can, in fact, craft level 50 crystals. Nobody said you were wrong with the rest, in fact I actually agree with you on the relics and tri color crystals (despite not liking them much personally), but the claim that level 50 crystals aren't craftable is still false.

Iunless i misunderstood "patterns removed that he could make pre 4.0 ?

if they have removed it from trainers... that is indeed perplexing. I can't believe I'm saying it - but I hope its a bug.

cause if its intentional? bad show, bioware, bad show

OP said he just finished leveling his artificer (although he should have been able to get non-tri-color schematics at 400), so I assumed he was talking about not being able to get schematics that were previously available, not losing ones he already had. Not that OP was very clear.

Anyway, even though I picked up the rest of the tri-colors right before patch "just in case", I agree that (if it's not a bug that gets fixed) it's pretty lame. OFC, I also think that removing all the original orange gear from fleet vendors without warning was lame as well.

Edited by eartharioch

Did the artifice trainer ever have level 50 crystals? I seem to recall it only went up to 48, and the level 50 schematics were available for commendations.

I think you're right. I got the +41 PVE RGB schems for Basic Comms at the Ilum vendor right before the patch, and I've heard they are on the Makeb vendor for Basic Crystals. Yellow PVE schems are at the PVP vendor. Magenta schems are a world drop, and orange and purple are [or were, haven't heard] RE'd from operations drops.

I believe the crystals this OP is referring to are the ones that are 3-color... and the schems were at the skill vendor. white orange yellow and blue purple white, both lvl 10 but with 136 rating like the cartel ones.

Those schematics are gone.... I have them in archive on my older artifice, but cannot find them anywhere on my new artificers. So, while there may be some things not right about op's post, there are some thngs that surely are. I want to know where the schems for those 3-color lvl 10 136 rating crystals as well?