Changing gear on Kotfe companions

Sewerus

So on vanilla companions i could change their gear to whatever i liked, but with the kotfe companions i cannot do that.

I can change their weapon, but that is all.

Why i cannot change their whole outfit ?

Nowdays everyone who did kotfe is running the game with same looking companions.

I also haven't found any customization for them yet.

If customization are something that require work, the ability to change their outfit simply doesn't.

So why do not allow us to change their outfit.

It really break immersion, when i see 10 identical looking Theron Shan's or Beniko's running around.

Please just unlock the ability to change our companions outfit.

Thanks

I noticed this with Nico when I started a fresh level 1 and activated him as a companion.

I just assumed it was to limit issues with cut scenes with him in the numerous cut scenes he could be a part of in original story mode. I didn't catch that it also impacted the others.

Why? What makes you so shure your reason is the right one? I doubt they care about what we put on our companions.

Because these are their story characters...the ones playing major roles in the game. They don't want you taking off Darth Marrs mask or dressing Satile in a bikini. Also, the new companions have customization's not available to us...I think because of that, their models may be unique and less flexible.

I would speculate it made it much easier for BW to program all the expansion cut scenes without having to account for any character's gear changing but the player character. Likely saved them a lot of programming resources.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: also as the above poster mentioned; if they ARE unique models that would also be a reason.

Edited by Taramayne

Because these are their story characters...the ones playing major roles in the game. They don't want you taking off Darth Marrs mask or dressing Satile in a bikini. Also, the new companions have customization's not available to us...I think because of that, their models may be unique and less flexible.

Fair enough, but hopefully you can also realize that this might just be another over sight they failed to address.

I would speculate it made it much easier for BW to program all the expansion cut scenes without having to account for any character's gear changing but the player character. Likely saved them a lot of programming resources.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: also as the above poster mentioned; if they ARE unique models that would also be a reason.

QFT and Let's be honest...half of them die. You would just be right back in here QQing about how some dead companion was knocked off a cliff and now you can't retrieve their gear.

and we would be right back in here explaining how to get gear off of dead companions.

I doubt that's the reason why this isn't being changed. If that was the case old companions wouldn't get armor slots either.
If it wasn't about CM customization then these new human companions would have customization slots left. It's pretty obvious it played a big part, along with Mass Effect/Dragon Age influence of 'canon' companion looks. When you try to preview gear on Lana there's no 'underwear' model for her. Her entire model is 1 solid block of geomtery, including her 'canon' outfit. Out of the new companions only Darth Marr and Theron had heads separated from outfits and normal bodies in previews that different outfits could be placed on.

It was done intentionally and it will require some work to change their models so they're customizable. But it has to be done. It's much bigger issue in TOR than Mass Effect/Dragon Age because we can see companions of other players' and seeing 10 identical Lana clones around mission items looks awful.

...seeing 10 identical Lana clones around mission items looks awful.

I have to agree here...at launch, most of the companions looked the same and it was very obvious on fleet and many of us tried to make them unique, over time, we ended up with a fleet that each alt was unique enough to be a different player as well. I was on Illim last night doing the foreman mission for Xalek or whatever his name is and there were all these Lanas standing there ...very weird and out of character.

I had Pierce with me. He also did not approve. :cool:

If it wasn't about CM customization then these new human companions would have customization slots left. It's pretty obvious it played a big part, along with Mass Effect/Dragon Age influence of 'canon' companion looks. When you try to preview gear on Lana there's no 'underwear' model for her. Her entire model is 1 solid block of geomtery, including her 'canon' outfit. Out of the new companions only Darth Marr and Theron had heads separated from outfits and normal bodies in previews that different outfits could be placed on.

It was done intentionally and it will require some work to change their models so they're customizable. But it has to be done. It's much bigger issue in TOR than Mass Effect/Dragon Age because we can see companions of other players' and seeing 10 identical Lana clones around mission items looks awful.

TUXs replied to the quote in which I replied that the reason that this wasn't gonna happen is because the User he responded to wanted to put their Lana in a slave girl outfit. I told him that I doubted that would be the reason why this wasn't gonna happen, not because of the CM stuff which I agree with.

Exactly why it'll never happen.

Wait for customizations in the CM.

Haha, just being sarcastic but still. I don't see anything wrong with that, the new companions could use more variation. Looks weird seeing a bunch of Lana's running around in ugly armor.

Just my 2 cents.

They went cheap...That is my guess too. Even if you change weapons it reverts to the old ones in the cut scenes.

They went cheap...That is my guess too. Even if you change weapons it reverts to the old ones in the cut scenes.

Those kinds of examples existed before though so it's not really a change from the norm. My Vanguard was always waving around a lame looking pistol. Mercenary only went for one gun, etc.

Those kinds of examples existed before though so it's not really a change from the norm. My Vanguard was always waving around a lame looking pistol. Mercenary only went for one gun, etc.

Those are props and your armor would be your current armor. I am fine with the armor and weapons switching back. It breaks immersion but I would rather have customization companions I could use for long haul than a few cut scenes where companions armor was switched to a generic armor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.