The Alliance/Influence grind is not alt-friendly

Sardorim

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, perhaps make each alliance 'faction' based, (yeah I know it kinda goes against the story), so you only have one alliance for all of your empire characters and another for all republic characters, its not legacy, but I think it still takes quite a bit of effort to gain affection. I did at least 5 planetary heroic arcs and only managed to get my smugglers alliance affection to roughly level 7 per member, not exactly willing to do that across 18+ alts...plus the boxes are not evenly distributed, so there seems to always be one member that has less affection than the others. Edited by Darth_Exar

Nobody put a blaster to your head and told you to create more alts then you could handle. Your unwillingness to adapt to the ever evolving paradigm does not suggest a flaw with the system, but with your own work ethic instead.

Ok this is the most retarded answer ever. To get all the perks, buffs, etc etc, you needed to make a character of each class and grond it up. So yeah, your answer is irrevelant

Ok this is the most retarded answer ever. To get all the perks, buffs, etc etc, you needed to make a character of each class and grond it up. So yeah, your answer is irrevelant

Let's not throw stones in glass houses. Your ocd to claim optional perks & buffs in no way invalidates my statement. You don't have to claim all those shiny buffs & perks, you want to claim all those shiny buffs & perks. The fact that you find the work load too much to bear to achieve your goal is a personal problem. You could always stop at one character and it would hinder your games progression none. :)

Edited by Aeristash

Nobody put a blaster to your head and told you to create more alts then you could handle. Your unwillingness to adapt to the ever evolving paradigm does not suggest a flaw with the system, but with your own work ethic instead.

Here we go with this nonsense, again...

I won't abandon anything but I'm only taking 2 toons through KOTFE to see the story from each side of the coin. The rest will be 60s and crafters.
Except crafters benefit from Influence grind too.

At rank 50, companions have (250,000 total influence points)

+2500 presence when summoned

+75% crew skill efficiency

+25% crew skill critical

At rank 30 (90,000 total influence points)

+45% crew skill efficiency

+15% crew skill critical

+1500 presence when summoned

after you reach rank 30 to grind the last 20 influence ranks it's an extra 160,000 total influence points. Nearly double the 90,000 it took to reach rank 30 for an extra +30% efficiency +10 critical

I got my numbers from Dufly's Influence guide

Edited by Falensawino

Except crafters benefit from Influence grind too.

At rank 50, companions have (250,000 total influence points)

+2500 presence when summoned

+75% crew skill efficiency

+25% crew skill critical

At rank 30 (90,000 total influence points)

+45% crew skill efficiency

+15% crew skill critical

+1500 presence when summoned

after you reach rank 30 to grind the last 20 influence ranks it's an extra 160,000 total influence points. Nearly double the 90,000 it took to reach rank 30 for an extra +30% efficiency +10 critical

I got my numbers from Dufly's Influence guide

Influence for companions aren't that much of an issue, at least for me. I already have 7 companions at rank 32+ with my highest being 45. The thing is it only gets easier and easier because of your companions craft benefits. With everyone at least being R32 I can run UWT missions in under 9min getting blue and purple rank 5 gifts fast. And UWT has two mission grades that provide rank 5 mats so I am using all my 6 companions.

The best way to do it is to use companions that use different gifts that way no matter the gift you receive it never goes to waste. For example i used:

Lana - Culture Arts/Imperial Memorbilia

Scropio - Tech

Nico - Underworld

Senya - Luxury

Xalex - Military Gear

Choza Raabat - Republic Memoribila

Yuun - Trophy

I haven't used anyone for my court and weapons gifts simply because I plan to stockpile them for future companions, especially since I have 7 companions already (I use one for combat) and the max I can use at a time is 6 for crafts. But I could use the weapon gifts on Lt. Pierce or Veeroa Denz but if I recall Jeasa WIlliam uses them so I am saving them for her.

I think the bigger grind is in the alliance companions, right now the cap seems to be at rank 20 but i have a feeling more ranks will be unlocked after a later update which will be a pain if that's the case. But we'll see.

Edited by Aricus

Alliances require a ton of grinding to go through them.

They aren't Legacy-Wide.

Ergo, it's very unfriendly if you have alts.

Heck, hitting Chapter 9 and you're overwhelmed with a ton of this stuff all at once.

But, the trade in items are legacy bound. So you can do quests on any character you want and use it to gain rep on any character you want. Someone could literally play 1 character all the time and slowly build alliances throughout an entire legacy.

Grindy? Absolutely.

But I look at it this way -- I have one or more of each class, and most are crafters, so I see a definite bonus in doing the Alliance/Companion quests a few times on all those chars. Gotta collect 'em all! Plus, I have tried darkside, lightside and neutral, so I want to see the differences in story and choices with that too. And after playing through at least once on light or dark and each class to find out what companions are currently available, I will then decide which ones I don't want to bother with on subsequent characters that I take through the Alliance quest lines.

The companions recruited by your choices are designed in to the storyline, so it would be plot-breaking to include a mechanic that allows a player to skip it.

For example, I am just awful at jumping puzzles, so I am essentially gated from completing all the datacrons, but I accept that. Prior to KotFE, I had a few on this one and a few on that one, and I am glad they made them legacy wide, however, it is not story-breaking to have that feature. For the Alliance quests, it would be.

If one chooses to not do all or some of the Alliance quests on all their alts, then they are making a choice to accept that they are limited in how many companions they can collect, and the benefits of gaining max influence on them all.

And when the grind is feeling too grindy, I'll go loll around in Wildstar and Rift for a while -- which I was doing anyway during 12x XP and before KotFE launched.

However, some people stick with just one char, or maybe a few, or they prefer to do a questline just once and they don't appreciate feeling obligated to do repetitive content to gain bonuses they can gain no other way. It's basically an achievement chase wrapped inside a storyline and not everyone has the patience or desire to grind those out.

I really can't think of an optional course one could take to gain those bonuses that didn't negate the whole point of the Alliance storyline.

Influence for companions aren't that much of an issue, at least for me. I already have 7 companions at rank 32+ with my highest being 45. The thing is it only gets easier and easier because of your companions craft benefits. With everyone at least being R32 I can run UWT missions in under 9min getting blue and purple rank 5 gifts fast. And UWT has two mission grades that provide rank 5 mats so I am using all my 6 companions.

The best way to do it is to use companions that use different gifts that way no matter the gift you receive it never goes to waste. For example i used:

Lana - Culture Arts/Imperial Memorbilia

Scropio - Tech

Nico - Underworld

Senya - Luxury

Xalex - Military Gear

Choza Raabat - Republic Memoribila

Yuun - Trophy

Yes but the point of this topic is that you're doing this on one character, how likely are you to repeat this grind again?

With everyone at least being R32 I can run UWT missions in under 9min
You stop at every 9 minutes to resend crafting missions? How is your gameplay affected by this distraction, it must be getting hard to get any gameplay done in that time. That's very close to stop and go. A player's enjoyment of the game might diminish repeating the grind like this

But, the trade in items are legacy bound. So you can do quests on any character you want and use it to gain rep on any character you want. Someone could literally play 1 character all the time and slowly build alliances throughout an entire legacy.

Was going to say this, but someone else beat me to it. I don't plan to do everything on every character I have. I will most likely put a few favourites through it, and then send the legacy items on to my alts. Not that I find going through the alliance stuff again a particularly horrifying prospect to begin with.

Makes me quite sad that I must abandon all but 1 of my characters due to this.

While I do not find your concerns invalid, the solution to your problem is remarkably simple.

Take one or two characters into KotFE. USe those for alliance and story. The rest, do NOT take into KotFE. Level them up via Operations (maybe only one, but definitely no more than two will get you to 65).

Sure you don't get the "new" companions. But you do not have to abandon your alts.