Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gravestone as personal stronghold/ star ship replacement

blackopsranger

Dunno if I'd use Gravestone as a stronghold. I would, however, not be opposed to having a Stronghold on Odessen. I really love the look of the landscape, feels more at home to me than Yavin, but I'm from Canada. Nothing like the fresh smell of pine in the morning to wake the senses.

Dunno if I'd use Gravestone as a stronghold. I would, however, not be opposed to having a Stronghold on Odessen. I really love the look of the landscape, feels more at home to me than Yavin, but I'm from Canada. Nothing like the fresh smell of pine in the morning to wake the senses.

I ditto that

I would love for this to happen.

Yet when our ship landed I was both happy and sad.

For me the original ships I just don't feel attached to them. Yet Gravestone feels like the Falcon or the Enterprise. You want the ship to win. If they did this I would also enjoy this being the first player ship we can decorate like a Flagship but fly around like our player ship.

I liked the personal ships, but they feel now so empty... so well yes, I would take an replacement where my companions are hanging around and maybe some other folks to (love it during the consular story when some NPCs are for a while on my ship too, but that is now so long ago).

I guess my biggest issue with the old ships is their size. They don't have enough space to fit your crew. Gravestone was huge easily had room for everyone and then some. I'd enjoy that feel that you're a commander of a crew.

Was thinking it would be interesting if the grave stone could be a stronghold/ star ship replacement. Since its mentioned there are "unknown" passages these could be unlocked areas. just wondering what others think about that idea.

Would love the Gravestone as my stronghold/personal ship... or at least a stronghold.

I assume they have more planned for the Gravestone given the volume of doors you can't access (yet) and the fact that it clearly has Mail and a Medical Droid, as well as a giant hold that looks like it could quite easily fit any of our personal starships.

Shoot...I'd just be happy if they made a bunch of mini-quest areas in it.

I liked the personal ships, but they feel now so empty... so well yes, I would take an replacement where my companions are hanging around and maybe some other folks to (love it during the consular story when some NPCs are for a while on my ship too, but that is now so long ago).

Why not have both? The Gravestone has a huge landing bay. I can park my Fury Class Interceptor in there. Then I could have both! I could either navigate my Gravestone capital ship, or my Fury interceptor, as the mood strikes me, to where ever I want, while decorating the Gravestone like a stronghold. That would be great!

"I feel like showing my power. I'll park my Gravestone in orbit over Dromund Kaas today!!" Or, "I feel like moving incognito, I'll fly my Interceptor today, while leaving my Gravestone capital ship in orbit over Tatooine."

Edited by WorldSmasher

• 2 weeks later...
So, let's say that the Gravestone is slated to go into its own grave. Eh? In the "story", you can have the Gravestone do a controlled crash landing on Odessan or Zakuul or some other planet, and after the fires are put out, it can be made into you Stronghold. It won't be in space, it'll be permanently grounded, and will still have that big @55ed hanger for your starship? Eh?

• 9 months later...

Wont happen. Two reasons for that.

1. Its a phased mission area and those are all closed once you are done with the mission

2. It would only be available until chapter 15

and after that only for players that didnt choose to make koth angry

I would love to have a stronghold on Odessen, the Gravestone as a stronghold, or really any new stronghold at all.

I don't want to give up my personal starship, too many story memories are tied up in that.

I just wish that I could put companions back on board the Fury/Defender.

Here's my dilemma.

So let's say that I could have the Gravestone as a personal ship.

Well it's only a matter of time till Koth comes by again and steals it.

So ok, I could wait and hope he dies in the story to ensure that he won't come and steal m ship again, but then BW's track record of bringing back dead npc's for everybody's inconvenience even makes that a risk.

So yeh, all in all, it's a nice idea but it just wouldn't work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.