The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add another Alliance Recruit with GSF weekly requirement

Pietrastor

Given that they created eight new pseudo-companions just for GSF who were then completely forgotten about when they decided to stop doing any real updates for it - I'd say it's a real missed opportunity not to have them incorporated into the Alliance system (preferably via some GSF objectives).

This, make the gsf comps real comps.

Ohhh gods no, anything but GSF, tried it twice was the worst experience i had in any game. I can force myself to go through pvp even though its i dislike it due to stupid idea of pvp gear (i could actually see mysef pvping for fun once in a while if pvp gear didn't exist). But GSF is so bad, the experience nearly made me feel the physical pain, i don't want to touch GSF again ever, i want to forget it actually exists. Worst thing ever.
Since you tried it twice, something tells me it was you who was "so bad" and not GSF gameplay mode & design lol :csw_jabbapet:

Since you tried it twice, something tells me it was you who was "so bad" and not GSF gameplay mode & design lol :csw_jabbapet:

Self projection? If it didn't suck raw eggs no one would have to try to manipulate others to play it.

Just like players don't seem to understand optional companions or if you don't like PvP, or GSF you don't have to have the companion attached to them. But, by all means limit the content you'll attach companions too so, no one will have even the slightest potential interest in other parts of the game they may not even know exist, or might even enjoy after trying it.

Lets say they add 1 companion to be recruited via GSF, that's 3 companions, 2 per faction that require some kind of PvP. The rest can all be acquired via solo PvE, I'd call that an even balance.

Basically, the argument for removing or against requirements is 'I want but I don't want to work for it, all companions should be exclusive to my playstyle.' Its throwing a temper tantrum online, and frankly its pathetic and childish.

Everyone knows that GSF and PvP exist.

And hey, thanks for throwing in that last comment and invalidating your entire post through trite, cliched ad hominem.

Make it Quinn... And make it so you need to do so many battles to meet with him. Then, and only then, can you kill him.

Or recruit him... But who would want to do that?

Or maybe another companion, I just figured Quinn was most connected to naval battles (beside the GSF-specfic companions). You know, Druckenwell...

Self projection? If it didn't suck raw eggs no one would have to try to manipulate others to play it.

Is that why many of the greatest movies flop at box office while Transformers trash scroes 1 billion easily? Yeah marketing is important. Especialy for a PVP gameplay mode in a PVE-focused game.

Is that why many of the greatest movies flop at box office while Transformers trash scroes 1 billion easily? Yeah marketing is important. Especialy for a PVP gameplay mode in a PVE-focused game.

It is also a matter of taste. Besides their is too much politics in what is good or bad when it comes to movies or any type of art. Some may think a painting of a soda can is premier while I would chose a Charlie Russell painting.

Edited by well

I barely PVP, it's just not my thing. But I'm loving how the Alliance system encourages various types of group content in the game and makes use of all the different attractions in this themepark, this is one of the best ideas Bioware had.

In a similar way as Pierce/M1-4X quests, I suggest one of the future companions to be gated behind GSF weekly. Interconnected systems/features/gameplay mechanics is what TOR should be doing more and more :cool:

I think this is a great idea, OP!

Not just to give a bit more love to GSF, but also to indeed make use of this great opportunity to add repeatable quests and rewards for all kinds of different play styles!

I like the idea of utilising various companions to give daily/weekly quests to the player for all sorts of activities, maybe similar to that Republic droid. And it wouldn't just have to be PvE/PvP-related; it could just as easily be about crafting or mat gathering or new Seeker droid/macrobinocular quests. The GSF companions could indeed make a lovely sight in my Alliance Hangar then! :D

This much like the PvP being forced on anyone who wants those companions to be a awful idea. It would be better if they had an alternative where you can do something that most people will enjoy more rather then forcing people to do something they don't like or don't have any interest in. While the people who love that content can do what they love and get the companion if they like. It was said in another thread, this game is a story based game, and the PvP junk has little place in it, other then for those who like it. So if they want to put something behind a wall, give us another option with a longer rout to go around the wall rather then through it.

I barely PVP, it's just not my thing. But I'm loving how the Alliance system encourages various types of group content in the game and makes use of all the different attractions in this themepark, this is one of the best ideas Bioware had.

In a similar way as Pierce/M1-4X quests, I suggest one of the future companions to be gated behind GSF weekly. Interconnected systems/features/gameplay mechanics is what TOR should be doing more and more :cool:

If you want to d9 GSF then go do it but i bloody hate that broken crap and do not wish to be forced into it or miss out on a companion. Bad enough i had to AFK Jump the pvp one (i caused alot of losses) for the real pvpers.

I think what they should do is let us choose the way we recruit such companions. Want to do GSF? Do this and that mission. Want to PvP? Run some warzones. Want to PvE? Here's a heroic or ten for you. Choice is the best solution to keep everyone happy because everyone can do what they like best in the game. I personally could never understand the idea of forcing players to do content they do not enjoy, do not have the gear and skill for.

NO. A THOUSAND TIMES, NO. Its' bad enough I have to pvp. I am not pvp ready, have no gear and will screw up a match for those who do just to get a companion. No. No. No. NO.