Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Running KotFE with a non-force user (spoilers)

cagthehack

I've completed KotFE twice so far with a Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior. Now I have my non-force characters to run: Agent and Tropper.

But really, the story feels more akin to force users. Does the story change much for non-force users? Anyone who has run a non-force character, does it feel awkward? I can't get my head around why the emperor would even bother with a Imperial Agent or a Tropper?

I've completed KotFE twice so far with a Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior. Now I have my non-force characters to run: Agent and Tropper.

But really, the story feels more akin to force users. Does the story change much for non-force users? Anyone who has run a non-force character, does it feel awkward? I can't get my head around why the emperor would even bother with a Imperial Agent or a Tropper?

It's explained fairly well. Though the cutscenes when playing with a jedi all assume you wield a lightsaber. I use a Gamorrean Axe on my jugg, and *sigh* all the cutscenes sucked for it. :mad:

It's explained fairly well. Though the cutscenes when playing with a jedi all assume you wield a lightsaber. I use a Gamorrean Axe on my jugg, and *sigh* all the cutscenes sucked for it. :mad:

Some things never change. I remember having this same issue with ME. I hated that fact that my Shepard had this big gun and in all the cut scenes he's holding a pistol.

The Agent fits in surprisingly well. The unwanted voice inside their head? Been there, done that. Being "The Commander"? Agent has been called that since Makeb. Not to mention the Agent has the Black Box (at least mine did) so there's ALL that information. Cipher Nine is actually kind of bad*** when it comes to "the normals." So the Emperor WOULD take notice because, come on, they're just a NORMAL, yet they actually DO change the fate of the galaxy with so many of their actions.

“He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone.

-from The Dragon Reborn. By Loial, son of Arent son of Halan, the Fourth Age.”

― Robert Jordan, A Memory of Light

Trust me, Agent fits in rather well, ESPECIALLY since, when Chapter X launches, THREE of their companions makes a comeback.

Some things never change. I remember having this same issue with ME. I hated that fact that my Shepard had this big gun and in all the cut scenes he's holding a pistol.

But at least those cutscenes gave him a pistol, right? I know it magically appeared but the cutscene made sense with it, unlike my axe's saber sounds and effects... *sigh*

I always thought that it was funny how in the cinematics you have a single force user cutting through soldiers like their nothing and deflecting blasters from all over the place. Yet the PC can hold them off by just slowly firing a pistol. :rolleyes: Edited by Ace-of-Spades

I always thought that it was funny how in the cinematics you have a single force user cutting through soldiers like their nothing and deflecting blasters from all over the place. Yet the PC can hold them off by just slowly firing a pistol. :rolleyes:

Yeah, well the difference is that our characters know how to aim.

Trust me, Agent fits in rather well, ESPECIALLY since, when Chapter X launches, THREE of their companions makes a comeback.

You mean we'll be up to three total (chapter 7, alliance recruitment, chapter 10 ) or do you know something to suggest more than what the preview picture for chapter 10 shows?

Anyway though, I ran a Warrior through KotFE first and I'm now running an Agent through, and I look forward to seeing how the Agent will react to what's coming up.

Anyone who has run a non-force character, does it feel awkward? I can't get my head around why the emperor would even bother with a Imperial Agent or a Tropper?

I played it with my main, a trooper.

It did not feel awkward at all. Why should it? My trooper is the bestest of the bestest in this galaxy. No force user is a match for her. She is unique, epic and awesome! The only one coming close to her is the Emperor - and he understood this on Ziost. That's why his view on the galaxy changed (as he admitted himself). It makes perfect sense.

Honestly, I didn't doubt her for a second. If you doubt your trooper, then you don't fully trust him/her.

My trooper: "For the Republic!" - Valkorion: "/facepalm" :D

Edited by JattaGin

I imagine certain aspects would be better for a non Force-user. For instance

When Valkorion grants you powers in combat, as a Darkness Assassin I only used them during cooldown because they were on par with/inferior to my best techniques. For someone who doesn't already have advanced offensive and defensive Force techniques, however, it would probably create a very interesting and unique fight.

I played it with my main, a trooper.

It did not feel awkward at all. Why should it? My trooper is the bestest of the bestest in this galaxy. No force user is a match for her. She is unique, epic and awesome! The only one coming close to her is the Emperor - and he understood this on Ziost. That's why his view on the galaxy changed (as he admitted himself). It makes perfect sense.

Honestly, I didn't doubt her for a second. If you doubt your trooper, then you don't fully trust him/her.

My trooper: "For the Republic!" - Valkorion: "/facepalm" :D

Main a trooper as well. Should be noted that in the emperor does admit that he is intrigued that a non force user can go toe to toe against trained masters and come out on top constantly.

I ran through it first with my SW as he was my first imp toon and made sense with the whole force weilder Lightsaber/Wrath part (hopeing to get a bonus dialogue piece like in SoR.. but no.. bugger all) then followed with my main who is my IA.

I gotta say I felt meh with my blaster type characters, didn't feel right in the slightest, my IA blaster vs his Lightsaber and the force and not once did he bat them back at me or just outright launch at me and my poxy hand blaster which is weird as all cut scenes have a hand blaster yet all use a blaster rifle.. go figure BW

I go DS and opt for "you know who's" help on the Force weilder characters and go LS and deny any help with my shooty type characters even ones that are naturally full DS as the LS choices make more sense for them/the scenes

Edited by dacentabaal

I'm doing the KOTFE storyline as a smuggler and it makes a lot of sense and I've also used the emperors powers twice :o I would of said no but my poor smuggler was powerless to help his companions so I've made some tough choices to use them ^^;

Was running through it the first time an my main (Agent).

As already stated, as an Agent it also makes a lot of sense. You are not able to wield the force, but still bring so much change to the Galaxy. The Agent is really ******.... and don't forget who the Lady of Sorrows is. Looking at the mission picture for the next chapter to be released shows again a familiar character. Former cipher nine always had the most interesting companions. :) Well ok I admit, Bug Boy is a bit... well.. strange. ^^

During the play through I was especially intrigued by the though decisions Valkorion gives you to accept his powers. You seriously need to consider it when facing Arcann alone, getting your butt kicked. Rejected him several times, but the last decision I just couldn't find a realistic reason not to accept it. I wonder how this all plays out in the end. As a powerful force user I would find it much easier to resist there.

In my swtor head-canon Agent was always the "Last" chapter from all 8 class stories and the one which continues from there onward.

You seriously need to consider it when facing Arcann alone, getting your butt kicked. Rejected him several times, but the last decision I just couldn't find a realistic reason not to accept it. I wonder how this all plays out in the end. As a powerful force user I would find it much easier to resist there.

In my swtor head-canon Agent was always the "Last" chapter from all 8 class stories and the one which continues from there onward.

My LS sniper turned down Valkorian during the Arcann fight.....you earn the victory, but it was very satisfying, and you pay for it...but its the most ****** thing any character can do thus far if they are not a force user

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.