I thought this game was all about being inclusive and open

Viciousjawa

I though the game was all about blasters, light sabers, aliens, force powers, and space conflicts. I was unaware the reason the game was developed was all about providing a platform for homosexuals to act out imaginary romances in space. You learn something new everyday.

I though the game was all about blasters, light sabers, aliens, force powers, and space conflicts. I was unaware the reason the game was developed was all about providing a platform for homosexuals to act out imaginary romances in space. You learn something new everyday.

Right because it was about providing a platform for heterosexuals to act out imaginary romances in space...

I'm straight and I don't really care either way if it's there or not but you can't at all try to make this sarcastic argument while the game is full of heterosexual romances and then try to put down another group for wanting the same option you have. While you spent your time romancing Jaesa or Vette I'm sure all you were interested in were blasters, lightsabers, aliens, force powers, and space conflicts. No you were acting out your imaginary romance in space.

And honestly if you try to say "oh well I didn't actually do the romancing" I don't want to hear it. It's just not true.

I think it's too late to go back in the game and edit the vanilla characters. Not only is it a huge undertaking but it breaks the characters. Not every character needs to be bisexual for the sake of opportunity. The homosexual community is still a minority so it would make no sense that every character in Star Wars would be available to romance for both genders. Quinn is straight because that is his character. Same with Vette. She is straight because that's what her character is.

I do believe in the future we should see a little bit more opportunities for bisexual or homosexual characters to appear. But it really doesn't need to be a requirement for every character. It's lore breaking to be honest. But I do respect and insist that it should be more readily available in future expansions.

Edited by Kyleweber

Right because it was about providing a platform for heterosexuals to act out imaginary romances in space...

Really? So it's was created to provide both homosexuals and heterosexuals a means to act out imaginary romances? Wow. I've been playing this game the wrong way. I had 6 out of 8 characters with no imaginary girlfriend. And here I was thinking that was just story elements on the side, but it is literally the sole focus. I'll have to replay them and make sure I have imaginary romances with all the characters.

So why can't you have same sex romances in the game? For example a female character x Vette.

I'm sure some people would be interested in that.

Well, since people can't just arbitrary choose their sexual preferences, I guess Vette has trouble changing it, too.

But it seem she got better.

Edited by MustrumRidcully

Really? So it's was created to provide both homosexuals and heterosexuals a means to act out imaginary romances?.

Sure seems that way. Some of the dialogue options make my character come off like Johnny Bravo or Zapp Brannigan instead of a Dark Lord of the Sith.

I know I don't have to choose them and I never do, because Bioware romances are universally terrible. But their presence is usually so out of place that it always pulls me out of the moment. "Super droids coming from one direction, molten lava coming from the other direction BUT NEVER MIND THAT, DO YOU WANT TO RANDOMLY MAKE OUT WITH THIS GUY FOR SOME REASON?"

They need to put the same sex stuff on a checkbox enable/disable in the options. I really don't want to have to see flirt with the same guy over and over again. At least make it so if I don't click that flirt option once or twice, it never appears again. I shouldn't have that crap shoved in my face over and over again.

They need to put the same sex stuff on a checkbox enable/disable in the options

Only if all the opposite gender romance options are on an on/off toggle in the options...

I shouldn't have that crap shoved in my face over and over again.

Nor should homosexuals have all our straight stuff shoved in their faces over and over again in this game!:rolleyes:

^^What I wrote is exactly as stupid and intolerant as what you wrote.

That a [FLIRT] option on the conversation wheel that we have to choose whether or not we click on it can be so offensive to anyone, no matter their gender or sexuality, is a concept that just proves the idiocy of some people.

Only if all the opposite gender romance options are on an on/off toggle in the options...

Nor should homosexuals have all our straight stuff shoved in their faces over and over again in this game!:rolleyes:

^^What I wrote is exactly as stupid and intolerant as what you wrote.

That a [FLIRT] option on the conversation wheel that we have to choose whether or not we click on it can be so offensive to anyone, no matter their gender or sexuality, is a concept that just proves the idiocy of some people.

Well the heterosexual stuff is the norm and there are no homosexual in existence who view heterosexual behavior as odd, gross, etc. because they are accustomed to it and have lived in a heterosexual society all their lives. Homosexuality is not the norm. Pretending like the two groups are coming from an equal social position is absurd. It's gross and disturbing to many people. It doesn't make them idiotic. It makes them human. This is how people tend to react to things that are "alien", be it alien customs, music, clothing, spiritual beliefs, etc.

Homosexuality is not the norm.

Never said, or implied that it was.

Simply pointing out the lunacy of being offended by a [FLIRT] choice on the conversation wheel when it's for same gendered romance options, that none of have to click on, if we choose not to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.