The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Optimal PvE Numbers for Tactics/AP (Theorycrafting)

TACeMossie

Since Bantt has been taking forever for the numbers, I've got a spreadsheet I put together in an afternoon for the optimal Tactics/AP numbers.

Note that Pyro/Plasma will be coming later, though its been nerfed significantly so I recommend against using it in PvE. The numbers will still come for those who want it though

Also note that I assumed the same Acc setup for Augments + Enhancements, for the purpose of more reasonable gearing up (and also much quicker to make the spreadsheet). This does mean a slight miss chance prior to Exarch gear, but other than that will result in never missing attacks.

As such:

DEFIANT

4953.9 Mastery

2720 Power

1067 Critical (6 Enhancements, 1 Augment, 2 crystals)

888 Alacrity (2 Enhancements, 8 Augments)

669 Accuracy (2 Enhancements, 5 Augments)

Recommended pieces:

Replace offhand with Combat Medics (Vanguard) / Force Mystic's (Powertech) offhand for Power/Crit

Use a Power/Alacrity earpiece and Power/Crit implants

Every other slot uses the Combat Tech's piece

EXARCH

5142.9 Mastery

2779 Power

1115 Critical (6 Enhancements, 1 Augment, 2 Crystals)

904 Alacrity (2 Enhancements, 8 Augments)

685 Accuracy (2 Enhancements, 5 Augments)

Recommended pieces:

Replace offhand with Combat Medic's (Vanguard)/Force Mystic's (Powertech) offhand for Power/Crit

Use a Power/Alac Earpiece and Power/Crit Implants

ULTIMATE EXARCH

5357.1 Mastery

2930 Power

1141 Critical (5 Enhancements, 3 Augments, 2 Crystals)

972 Alacrity (3 Enhancements, 6 Augments)

701 Accuracy (2 Enhancements, 5 Augments)

Recommended pieces:

Replace offhand with Combat Medic's (Vanguard)/Force Mystic's (Powertech) offhand for Power/Crit

Use a Power/Crit Earpiece and Power/Alac Implants

You can find the spreadsheet here:

http://1drv.ms/1KxZZH6

Enjoy everyone!

Edited by TACeMossie

So in PVP since we no longer use accuracy, what would you recommend gear wise if you were to venture a guess? I would assume it would be the same as PVE but what would you use in place of the accuracy gear, crit or mastery?

I'd probably say crit. Gotta get dat 30k Cell Burst crit.

In all seriousness though, i'd probably drop a lot of the alacrity as well. 2-3 pieces of alacrity, remainder in crit, and about a 50/50 split for Crit/Mastery augs.

Do you mean boltblaster or medtech? Combat tech doesn't appear to be in the vendors.

for optimal PVE gearing you should be using the operations gear vendor Combat Tech gear, the vendors you're using are the ****** comms gear vendors.

Curious...you list all the enhancements to aim for (pun intended?), but you list 10 total per tier, when you are only able to get 7. Are you listing 10 in the sense that you can swap one for the other, or is there something that I'm missing? Edited by Daraxas

so after what bantel put out which guide for stats would you go with yours or his?

Well looking at his numbers makes me realise I possible screwed up the value of crit. Either that, or I screwed up the armor rating, or he did, or maybe there's modifiers to the level 64 passive that I missed that improve the interaction with it and crit which would favor mor crit in the gear..

Regardless, I think either approach should be fine. The difference is ~100 crit/alacrity between my approach and his, and that +100 crit/-100 alacrity means you end up with 0.95% more crit chance and 0.95% less alacrity - so basically no difference.

TBH though, im honestly gonna go what I initially planned:

5 Acc Augments + 2 Acc Enhancements

5 Surge Augments + 5 Surge Enhancements

4 Alacrity Augments + 3 Alacrity Enhancements

Totalling:

701 Accuracy (prefer slightly more accuracy to missing a key interrupt)

1287 Critical

796 Alacrity

in 204s. Slightly less alacrity than optimal (WHAAAA) but I had issues with APM last time around so...