The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KOTFE Premade Level 60 Characters & Lack Of Legacy Buffs?

Adaarye

It was quite clear to me that level 60s where meant to start at KOTFE and that once started you can't go back to do any of the previous story content... Like the people complaining about early access if you bothered to read anything before hand then people wouldn't be having problems.

The only place I have seen official word from Bioware is in the Help section. I wouldn't have know about that if the kind soul who posted the link in this thread had not done so.

So why is there a problem with Bioware simply providing an accurate description at the point of purchase. Why is it my responsibility to comb forums and help get an accurate description of what I am buying? The description should be provided on the market, not in help. What a terrible way to do business.

I'm sorry if this was mentioned, does anyone know if the instant lvl 60 will unlock the chosen species for the Legacy?

Based on all the other legacy stuff/ability for work for the legacy stuff that doesn't come with the purchased character, I would say most likely not.

Edited by Adaarye

I said in my post, but I will restate it here for clarity sake that I WANT to do the quests but I CANNOT. I just tried with my purchased 60 and the quests are not available.

I don't understand this.

If you want to run through the quests...why are you not creating a character from scratch to this? Why would you purchase a level 60 character, if you want to run through all the previous quests?

I don't understand this.

If you want to run through the quests...why are you not creating a character from scratch to this? Why would you purchase a level 60 character, if you want to run through all the previous quests?

I don't understand this...

Whats the point of buying it anyway...

This any many other decisions make zero sense.

The point of buying it is so that you can have a character at level 60 without having to go through all the previous content...so you can just go straight into KotFE with another character.

How is that so hard to see?

When I made a insta 60 Jedi Guardian I soon got the knight emote and legacy buff. I didn't play the Jedi Knight class on the server I created him on, also saying that I had completed the Jedi Knight story, I don't know how it happened or what you would have to do to get it, so something must have messed up there :/ Edited by TheJoshJustice

Another point to buying a level 60 is for someone like me who has done all the class quests possible and wants another character for end game content. Granted, i have about 15 level 60-65s but raiders always need more.

Its a legacy perk for completing the class, not skipping the class. Those who didn't finish correllia don't get the legacy buff either.

Also, why would you expect a refund? They gave you a free 60, and you didn't realize the lack of this perk on it before actually purchasing one?

Regardless, this perk amounts to such a small boost... is it really worth getting all worked up over? If so, I'd think the buff was worth leveling a character through to get it.

So you don't want to do acts 1 - 3 to get the buff?

They said right from the start that insta-60s won't count towards class completion, which is essentially what you need for legacy buffs.

Simply complete the story 1-50, and you'll be all set. No, you shouldn't be allowed to use an insta-60, which is designed to start KotFE, to go back and complete content that you will be overpowered for, even with level sync. That's a slap in the face to everyone who actually did the classes for the buffs.

You want the buff, you do the work.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just start over anyway - with level sync, even if you could go back and do the story quests, you'd still be dropped to the appropriate level.

after hitting 65 I noticed my free 60 now does count toward all the legacy stuff including companions.

Then you are fortunate. No refund and no opportunity to work to get the things my character is missing, legacy and otherwise. I'd love the opportunity to do the quests to get the things my character is missing.

Again, buyer beware. The marketplace does not accurately describe the Insta-60. Just make a character and do it the hard way. It's a much better option. I have to go back and do that and I'm still out 20 bucks, lol. Oh well, we live and learn. I'm sure there's a lesson here. :p

• 1 month later...
If the legacy buff for that class does NOT come with the purchase of the character (and it doesn't), then we should be able to go back and do the story quests to unlock it. Why is it not this way? Is it a bug? Working as intended? If it's working as intended then I am so underwhelmed. Can a CS rep please clarify?

I won't be buying anymore tokens if we don't get the opportunity to open the legacy buffs.

AGREE, 60 lvl Tokens is unusefull

But more fun, some players have buffs and 100% completes companions stories in legacy. Some does not have.

So somepeople have , what other for same money cant have.

If it goes in this way, I dont want pay for swtor no more.

The Insta-60 is NOT meant to complete any legacy perk. This was made very clear from the beginning.

Legacy class buffs are unlocked at the completion of Chapter 2, not chapter 3. You don't even have to complete all eight to get all of the buffs. There are only 4 buffs they just mirror. So, you only need to do:

• Warrior or Knight,
  • Trooper or Bounty Hunter,
  • Smuggler or Agent,
  • Consular or Inquisitor.

"We're returning to story .... " "but go ahead and skip as many of the main story arcs as you want to skip".

AGREE, 60 lvl Tokens is unusefull

But more fun, some players have buffs and 100% completes companions stories in legacy. Some does not have.

So some people have , what other for same money cant have.

If it goes in this way, I dont want pay for swtor no more.

In your "haves and have nots" scenario, the "haves" clearly put forth more effort. So, your argument is without merit.

Your "haves" didn't get any of those perks from their inst-60 either, they already had all that stuff. So, they got exactly what the "have nots" received; a level 60 character.

The Insta-60 is NOT meant to complete any legacy perk. This was made very clear from the beginning.

Legacy class buffs are unlocked at the completion of Chapter 2, not chapter 3. You don't even have to complete all eight to get all of the buffs. There are only 4 buffs they just mirror. So, you only need to do:

This. And here is the proof (posted many times already) https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-start-at-level-60/

NOTE: Creating a Level 60 character will not complete Legacy Achievements for that class, and the class storyline of that character will not be available to you.

However, the bug, that could unlock for you the class, race and companions did existed (mb still does). Who knows, you might get it.

I said in my post, but I will restate it here for clarity sake that I WANT to do the quests but I CANNOT. I just tried with my purchased 60 and the quests are not available.

Don't assume that I don't want to do the work because either you did not read my post fully, or you didn't (or chose to not) understand what I asked. Your reply was not helpful at all.

As I matter of fact, I feel cheated that I do NOT have access to those quests. I feel what I purchased is not a complete character. At all.

I have character that have existed since Beta. I've done the work on those, just so you know. I'd like to do the story quests on all my characters, even the purchased ones. If I can't, I'll never buy another one.

I have several 65s, so I decided to take a class I never did start even and use my token to get it to Level 60.

It did state With the usage of the token that this would cause the class story to read as completed , meaning it is as f you completed the story...hence you can't og back and repeat it.

In fact you could NEVER og pback to repeat it, ever. before or after the tokens.

There has never been an option to max out and repeat the story.

The tokens was never ment for that, they were ment for Kotfe.

You can repeat everything and get most Things "repeated" and "reopened" by playing the game from lvl 1 and up like allways

In fact there IS NO CHANGE....

• 1 month later...
It also doesn't say you get them.

There's default behavior and there's modified behavior. When something deviates from the norm, it is only right that it be noted... ie: it should be noted that just because you're assumed to have mastered your profession, you will not be able to display a title to that effect. heck, in a way you're being penalized for giving them extra money.

To simply say that the normal behavior can't be counted on unless specifically stated, is poor practice. I mean, what else can we not count on?

Just food for thought.