Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No more Chapter IX style dialog.

BelthezorX

You didnt pick anything to reply to them to though. You could not get a different response. I'd rather pick a different option to hear them say different things to me depending on what character I'm on and what his/her personality is.

Always hated it when my DS Jedi was forced to reply like the valiant pure pure jedi.

I don't see the point of dialog choices, if the only solution is to accept anyway.

<snip>...and the raw storage needed for the dialogue to be voiced.<snip>

LOL!

56.2 GB for my file folder... this is simply not true.

To the OP, I agree. Though I wonder if the options simply are going to change too fast (with the story) to keep up with?

I think they went with this route because of the nature of the quests, the number of variables used and the raw storage needed for the dialogue to be voiced.

I came to this conclusion as well.

You may notice that many of the alliance characters are non-basic speaking. This makes obvious sense from a resource perspective, and I'm ok with that. It's still the PC conversation options which bug me. I don't care if the number of options has to be trimmed down to two or three in order to fit on the dialogue wheel, nor do I care if most of the options are stock options, I want a return to the 'cinematic storytelling' the rest of the expansion has delivered so well.

In a nutshell, do what needs to be done to get PC's voice acted for the Alliance system.

Edited by Chicktopus

KOTOR style dialogue was all right for KOTOR, but I really don't want to see it in a game that came out in 2015 and that also didn't start out that way. BioWare's unique story-telling with cinematic, fully-voiced dialogues and choices is a big reason why I love and play their games over any others.

When I first saw the KOTOR dialogue in SWTOR I thought my game was broken lol. I would rather have less conversation options, like what we had throughout the rest of the game and all other BioWare games, than have all those pointless, additional questions.

I really do hope they won't continue this in the future, because it's definitely a huge turn off and makes the dialogues, which were always one of the greatest part of this game, plain boring.

KOTOR style dialogue was all right for KOTOR, but I really don't want to see it in a game that came out in 2015 and that also didn't start out that way. BioWare's unique story-telling with cinematic, fully-voiced dialogues and choices is a big reason why I love and play their games over any others.

When I first saw the KOTOR dialogue in SWTOR I thought my game was broken lol. I would rather have less conversation options, like what we had throughout the rest of the game and all other BioWare games, than have all those pointless, additional questions.

I really do hope they won't continue this in the future, because it's definitely a huge turn off and makes the dialogues, which were always one of the greatest part of this game, plain boring.

Agreed. I think 4 years after a game based on KOTOR is released enough time has passed they don't need to pay homage to KOTOR anymore. We have HK, Revan, all the KOTOR armor, ebon hawkl pet, etc.

The change for the 'alliance' interface looks so out of place in this game. I hope they change it or moving forward alter it.

Edited by JumperPenn

Just wanted to post and demonstrate my disappointment with this system as well. I REALLY don't like it and if it becomes the norm I can feel Ill lose interest. All the way through the chapter I didn't hit space bar once, now I find myself just clicking through since the immersion gets lost for me.

I loved the ideea that even the side quests felt like main quest and i always liked to listed to what NPC's had to say and the way my char responded was awesome. If they cut voice acting i dont know if i'm going to be playing anymore. I would rather want bioware to release new expansions more rarely and keep the existing ones in top quality like the main game. The immersion will be gone if they keep doing KOTOR like conversations.. feels so cheap. It was okay back in the day but its 2015 now.

It's literally only when you talk to alliance leaders and new companions. It isn't like the next 5 chapters will be like that. All the parts that directly involve the main characters are fully voiced (your speeches and the star fortress intro dialogue, before you meet up with the companions.)

• 7 months later...

I hate the kotor dialogs as well.

but they will not change it. It saves them money. We can protest, complain, moan and it changes nothing.

This is not what I want to pay (sub) for.

I truely regret re-subbing with this being the direction of the game.

Totally agree. But then the feeling I've been getting with every inch of the 'new/improved' game experience is they want to cut costs and line their own pockets at the expense of quality. That in my experience is one reason why WoW went downhill to say nothing of the poor quality of writing and the over simplification of everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.