The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How will Jessa be handled

Kaisernick

So so far with the alliance system we can get companions of other classes and i have now wondered how Jessa the only companion whos alignment is based on the warrior will be handled.

So for example when say a light side knight encounters her will she be light or dark?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pure guesswork, of course, but perhaps, given what they did with Pierce/the big droid for the Warzone recruitment option, i.e alternate by faction, perhaps the same here, only using the same character?

Thus- the Warrior gets whichever Jaesa he or she left behind, other ex-Imperials get DS Jaesa, looking for someone else to tag along with for murder-picnics, and ex-Republic players meet up with LS Jaesa on the basis that her previous mission with a light side Wrath is kind of pointless now, so she's joining up with the Outlander instead.

Assuming you mean Jaesa, don't count on her being brought back the canon way. Not only (If you romanced her like I did) did she send you a message pretty much dismissing your entire relationship (The subject of the message was "Everything ends")

"You were always going to leave me, It was inevitable the moment you killed my old master. I pace the ships corridors and eavesdrop on your acolytes, some mourn you, their grief makes me smile. Beyond that I feel nothing."

"Im free, Im alive. Im more powerful than ever and I dont fear death, not mine, not yours. The worst happened, Im still here. Someone already seeks to replace you as the dark center of my universe. Why should I cry that youre gone, why write words to a dead man, why?"

Note the line I highlighted. Risha sends you a similar message, and Jaesa's voice actor (Rachael Leigh Cook) Is not In the credits. At this point I wish I wouldve romanced Vette as her voice actor Is In the credits. However the fact that Jaesa says shes found another Is not the thing that makes me think she wont be back, Its beacuse as far as Ive gatherered, ever since SoR every class has had around 2 companions with voice actors (most likely the most popular ones). The Sith Warrior had Vette and Quinn. In what universe Quinn Is more popular than Jaesa I dont know but whatever... Infact all romances may have found someone else, as Valkorion says In the mission "A Dream of Empire" Qoute: Left alone long enough, love will seek another. So the fact that Jaesa has found someone else Is no suprise, but her VA simply Isnt In the credits, so either they replaced her VA (which I doubt) or shes going to just be your companion with no way to further your romance with her.

Edited by ProHazor

I've read that Rachel Leigh Cook is not in the credits for KotFE, so I'm not counting on her return at all. No idea if this is actually true or not though.

Edit: Dude above beat me to it :D

Edited by Cylluz

Note the line I highlighted. Risha sends you a similar message, and Jaesa's voice actor (Rachael Leigh Cook) Is not In the credits. At this point I wish I wouldve romanced Vette as her voice actor Is In the credits. However the fact that Jaesa says shes found another Is not the thing that makes me think she wont be back, Its beacuse as far as Ive gatherered, ever since SoR every class has had around 2 companions with voice actors (most likely the most popular ones). The Sith Warrior had Vette and Quinn. In what universe Quinn Is more popular than Jaesa I dont know but whatever... Infact all romances may have found someone else, as Valkorion says In the mission "A Dream of Empire" Qoute: Left alone long enough, love will seek another. So the fact that Jaesa has found someone else Is no suprise, but her VA simply Isnt In the credits, so either they replaced her VA (which I doubt) or shes going to just be your companion with no way to further your romance with her.

That's pretty much what made me worry about Jaesa's future in KotFE as well. The moment she didn't get a voice in SoR some alert went off inside my mind.

Still... plenty of characters who didn't get voiced in SoR are now back -with- voices. Pierce, Yuun, etc... they even replaced Tanno Vik's voice actor. (For obvious reasons :( ) So I could see them do the same with Jaesa if no agreement could be reached with Rachael Leigh Cook.

All hope is not lost quite yet!

Edited by Callaron

That's pretty much what made me worry about Jaesa's future in KotFE as well. The moment she didn't get a voice in SoR some alert went off inside my mind.

Still... plenty of characters who didn't get voiced in SoR are now back -with- voices. Pierce, Yuun, etc... they even replaced Tanno Vik's voice actor. (For obvious reasons :( ) So I could see them do the same with Jaesa if no agreement could be reached with Rachael Leigh Cook.

All hope is not lost quite yet!

She definetely Is one of the most favored companions In the game, along with Kira and Vette, and I noticed something wierd about Tanno's voice :p Obiously If another VA has done her work I would not know beacuse I wouldnt know which name to look for :p But If the old VA cant return, replace them.

So so far with the alliance system we can get companions of other classes and i have now wondered how Jessa the only companion whos alignment is based on the warrior will be handled.

So for example when say a light side knight encounters her will she be light or dark?

Well, devs DID say that our decisions during class story have far-reaching consequences in KOTFE story. So it is possible that they will check the database and spawn a dark or light Jaesa appropriate to the player characters history. Thats at least what I sincerely hope. Another alternative is that Jaesa won't return at all, which would be a massive disappointment to me.

One other thing though: It is understandable that devs don't want to return all companions at same time. There needs to be missions for future chapters as well. So for now, I am hopeful.

Assuming you mean Jaesa, don't count on her being brought back the canon way. Not only (If you romanced her like I did) did she send you a message pretty much dismissing your entire relationship (The subject of the message was "Everything ends")

"You were always going to leave me, It was inevitable the moment you killed my old master. I pace the ships corridors and eavesdrop on your acolytes, some mourn you, their grief makes me smile. Beyond that I feel nothing."

"Im free, Im alive. Im more powerful than ever and I dont fear death, not mine, not yours. The worst happened, Im still here. Someone already seeks to replace you as the dark center of my universe. Why should I cry that youre gone, why write words to a dead man, why?"

i didn't romance her as even my dark warrior thought she was crazy but im glad i didn't now.

Sucks that Risha sends a similar one i hoped to be her prince :(

i suppose maybe they brought quinn back so....

We could finally kill him.

which im all in favor for.

But i do hope she comes back if for no other reason so i can end her myself.

Edited by Kaisernick

Pretty sure the old voice actress isn't coming back either so that's another complication.

This didn't seem to be a terribad issue with Tanno Vik, whose voice actor actually passed away in 2012.

They just used a different voice actor.

Edited by Karkais

This didn't seem to be a terribad issue with Tanno Vik, whose voice actor actually passed away in 2012.

They just used a different voice actor.

Vik was put into a filler role with no option to become a companion at all and I don't think he will have the option in the future, Jaesa will be put into the same role IMO some time down the road

• 1 month later...
This is pure guesswork, of course, but perhaps, given what they did with Pierce/the big droid for the Warzone recruitment option, i.e alternate by faction, perhaps the same here, only using the same character?

Thus- the Warrior gets whichever Jaesa he or she left behind, other ex-Imperials get DS Jaesa, looking for someone else to tag along with for murder-picnics, and ex-Republic players meet up with LS Jaesa on the basis that her previous mission with a light side Wrath is kind of pointless now, so she's joining up with the Outlander instead.

I like these ideas over the ones being offered. Thanks, "RowanThursday."

I've read that Rachel Leigh Cook is not in the credits for KotFE, so I'm not counting on her return at all. No idea if this is actually true or not though.

Edit: Dude above beat me to it :D

If she returns, it'll likely be with a different voice actress. And there's a good chance she'll do the same thing as Tanno Vik and simply not rejoin you. :mad:

The other option is that she gets defaulted to DS Jaesa, which I would be more or less alright with, since it beats the alternative of her being gone completely. It'd be easy enough to have the LS version go through five utterly ****** years that turned her to the DS.

Call me skeptical, but I have very little faith in Bioware consistently providing alternate voice acting for both versions. Not when they couldn't even be bothered to give her or Temple voices in SoR.

If she returns, my SW will reject and/or kill her. As far as I'm concerned, the letter she sent was a breakup. She knows I'm not dead, she's a force user, she'd sense our death through the force.

If the voice actress isn't in the credits, I'd assume that she won't even be in future story content.

I see four options:

• For non-Warriors, her history is determined for the character. It could be the same for everyone, or determined by some aspect of the character (e.g., alignment, affiliation, some specific other choice made).

• Work in some way for the player to determine her history; for instance, the mission to recruit her sends the Outlander to one of two locations, and Light Jaesa's at one, Dark Jaesa at the other.

• Be vague about her history and manage to have both Light and Dark Jaesa end up the same after five years. Possibly allow the player to push her one way or the other.

• She doesn't come back at all. (Technically, this is a specific version of #3.)

I wouldn't read too much into the credits. Only the characters who've appeared so far (including the one final conversation with a companion near the end of Act I) are listed. Back when the companion locator terminal was missing companions who might return in the near future, Rusk was missing from the Knight's, but Ron Yuan isn't credited.

Later she sends 2 more letters,which indicate that not only the romance is acknowledged but also that you are still married to her. She says she is glad that you didn't cheat on her(with Lana or any1 else). Not sure what she says if you did cheat on her since my Warrior didn't. And later she says that she enjoyed the Jedi finding out she is married to the ''most powerful sith'' in the Galaxy and their despair.

So yea, the reunion with her should be good.

Edited by Kaedusz

I would not determine this based on Kotfe credits for VA. A lot of companions probably return in Season 2 and I think credits so far are for Season 1 based.

Otherwise indeed Jaesa is somewhat problematic character to handle, her behaviour should be different based on alignment. She is not only one however, Khem Val is another.

Edited by Chaloss

I would not determine this based on Kotfe credits for VA. A lot of companions probably return in Season 2 and I think credits so far are for Season 1 based.

Otherwise indeed Jaesa is somewhat problematic character to handle, her behaviour should be different based on alignment. She is not only one however, Khem Val is another.

This is exactly what I was thinking, why are we going on credits for the current chapters where she isn't included. You don't give someone a credit in the first film if they don't turn up until the third one.

So far it seems all the letter are rather on the "you're gone, I'm off" side. Some more than other, but I think it's tied to the character itself.

I'm kinda scared, because the Mako letter was very similar. And I really like her.

Then, Jaessa is not the only companion with a double "personality" to deal with. And we already knows that the other one (Khem Val) is coming back (datamining I guess, but mostly ingame bug). So apparently it's not too much to deal with.

On the other hand, BW already favored one romance above all else by a large margin in ME3, pretty much relegating some to a single convo and a "I leave you, sorry !" thing. I just hope they won't pull a "Liara is da best" on us.

Pretty sure the old voice actress isn't coming back either so that's another complication.

Genuine question : why ? As far as I know, SWTOR voice actor had a long term contract with Bioware, is there a special issue in this case ?

Later she sends 2 more letters,which indicate that not only the romance is acknowledged but also that you are still married to her. She says she is glad that you didn't cheat on her(with Lana or any1 else). Not sure what she says if you did cheat on her since my Warrior didn't. And later she says that she enjoyed the Jedi finding out she is married to the ''most powerful sith'' in the Galaxy and their despair.

So yea, the reunion with her should be good.

"Generic" pre-KOTFE romance letter. For some reason you received them afterward, but they are sent (after a delay) after the romance is "over" (IE you've done all the convos).

For every companion (except for KOTFE companion) you have 3 romance letters. Then 1 for KOTFE.

This is exactly what I was thinking, why are we going on credits for the current chapters where she isn't included. You don't give someone a credit in the first film if they don't turn up until the third one.

Actors for the coming chapters are included, at least some of them. For example Vette's actress, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edited by erei

I expect them to leave her until last, given she's much harder to deal with than the rest.

I also think they'll probably fail miserably and just default her to DS for all non-SW characters.

Well the other "difficult" one will be khem/zash with the end of that companion story.

In terms of which Jaesa you will get outside of the warrior class, considering the instant 60's assume all imperial characters chose prominently dark side options in the class quests, I feel it will be the same case for Jaesa they will assume that the SW will have turned her dark as its more the DS thing to do, with perhaps a override for the warriors if they kept her LS.

If she returns, it'll likely be with a different voice actress. And there's a good chance she'll do the same thing as Tanno Vik and simply not rejoin you. :mad:

How do we know this? has the Voice actress stated she definitely won't be back even if asked to?

Edited by Jedi_riches