Lorewise, which class fits the expansion best?

Strive-US

It does sound sketchy doesn't it :eek:

Ontopic: Personally I have only done KOTFE with my sith warrior, and I'm likely to keep it that way.

Both Jedi knight and Sith warrior have done things in direct relation to the emperor.

Sith warrior frees Vitiate from being imprisoned by the powerful dark side entity Sel-Makor. Had that not happened, would SoR have happened either?

Jedi knight kills the new host body of Vitiate. This appears to bench Vitiate for a long time, as he seems to need to recuperate. At the very least, he goes silent toward his servants and the empire.

While most player characters can say to have influenced the outcome of the war, only jedi knight and sith warrior seem to have been able to influence Vitiates actions directly. Thats why I consider them as the prime candidates for kotfe.

I consider Wrath last, the dialogue is often all about how they work for the Emperor and it's then shoe horned in that "Oh hey! I'm not working against him!" Warrior comes off as a more self serving sith, with no real power base, just a small crew and being a powerful force user/combatant.

Knight took out his big time voice. Consular took out his children. Inquisitor could be seen as a rising star who is much like him. Wrath is just a warrior looking for a battle.

Aside from surviving circumstances where Sith Lords and Jedi Masters are dropping like flies, you mean? Going up against the likes of Revan and the debacle on Ziost with no Force sensitivity whatsoever and not just surviving but winning (relatively in that last case)?

Valkorion explicitly talks to them in Chapter 2 about why they gained his interest. Same for the Smuggler and Imperial Agent.

The Wrath and Battlemaster just aren't that special unless they're currently in the PC's slot. The game goes out of its way to explain why Valkorion readily accepts non-Force classes as his chosen over any Force-sensitive.

For example, if you're a light-side Imperial Agent, Valkorion talks at length about Darth Jadus, calling him the greatest Sith the Empire ever produced and that Jadus, of all the Sith, was the closest to Valk's vision, ability, and power. Valk would gladly have chosen Jadus as his successor, but... you, an ordinary woman, beat him with nothing but your wits, your guile, and your fighting skills. The worthiest Sith in the entire galaxy to Valkorion's vision, and you beat him. That's when you gained Valk's undivided attention.

Wait, do you need to play shadow of Revan's story to start this expansion? Or do you just have to be lvl 60?

Knight/ Warrior - Top Tier easily fits best

Consular/ Inquisitor - Force users

---------

Trooper/ Agent - Both Actual loyal servants to their factions, but still doesn't make much sense or feel right in the KOTFE story

Smuggler/ Bounty Hunter - No makes hardly any sense in terms of conversations (Valkorian saying you have stood out to me the most...) or anything to do with the force.

Qyzen doesn't seem to know what happened to original Harold (ie jedi conuslar). M1-4X mentions his former commander is MIA. Xalek has't said anythng to me about his former master. nor has Talos.

BTW my jedi knight had option to kill Xalek but I didn't take it. Now of course, I wonder if he can be trusted.

Was there an option to kill Xalek? I thought the options were to imprison him, recruit him, or let him go.

I'd vote for inquisitor.

You start as a slave, and through pure determination and ability rise to the top of the sith order. You learn to consume and use force ghosts which is highly relevant to this story. "Your determination to live" is exemplified in your struggle to survive and outright defeating death on at least one occasion.

The inquisitor is in a a unique position story-wise to be familiar with using force ghosts and their power, and "consuming" the emperor is a natural continuation of his story. Along with your struggles with him once you have him in you.

Finished running through the early chapters on every class, and I really do think the non-Force classes are better for this expansion. Valkorion talks at length about how the smuggler and bounty hunter in particular have no right at all to be towering forces in the galaxy today: they came from nothing, can't use the Force, are members of no organization that would help them, and get by on their own strength, cunning, and resourcefulness. Not only have they survived, they've affected the galaxy as much as any Jedi Master or Dark Lord of the Sith, and that's an incredible accomplishment especially in light of all the disadvantages they have.

Valkorion even outright asks what's more impressive: a great Force lord, or someone who has affected the galaxy just as much and prevailed against the same foes without all the advantages the Force offers.

Finished running through the early chapters on every class, and I really do think the non-Force classes are better for this expansion. Valkorion talks at length about how the smuggler and bounty hunter in particular have no right at all to be towering forces in the galaxy today: they came from nothing, can't use the Force, are members of no organization that would help them, and get by on their own strength, cunning, and resourcefulness. Not only have they survived, they've affected the galaxy as much as any Jedi Master or Dark Lord of the Sith, and that's an incredible accomplishment especially in light of all the disadvantages they have.

Valkorion even outright asks what's more impressive: a great Force lord, or someone who has affected the galaxy just as much and prevailed against the same foes without all the advantages the Force offers.

Which is funny coming from him when on Ziost he laughs at the mere notion of his enemy being someone who couldn't use the force.

I'd vote for inquisitor.

You start as a slave, and through pure determination and ability rise to the top of the sith order. You learn to consume and use force ghosts which is highly relevant to this story. "Your determination to live" is exemplified in your struggle to survive and outright defeating death on at least one occasion.

The inquisitor is in a a unique position story-wise to be familiar with using force ghosts and their power, and "consuming" the emperor is a natural continuation of his story. Along with your struggles with him once you have him in you.

Interesting way of looking at it.

Wait, do you need to play shadow of Revan's story to start this expansion? Or do you just have to be lvl 60?

No, you dont HAVE to finish SoR before KOTFE. However, once you start KOTFE for a character, you cant go back and do the previous content (makeb, SoR, forging alliances) on that character. You will be locked out of it. This lockout is apparently permanent. I recommend giving the KOTFE FAQ a read.

I consider Wrath last, the dialogue is often all about how they work for the Emperor and it's then shoe horned in that "Oh hey! I'm not working against him!" Warrior comes off as a more self serving sith, with no real power base, just a small crew and being a powerful force user/combatant.

Actually serving the emperor is not at all contradictory to KOTFE story. There exist specific dialog options..

Edited by Karkais

Exactly, they all fit it believably (having seen most of KotFE with the smuggler now), so really any of your characters can be 'the outlander' and it won't seem out of place.

I'd vote for inquisitor.

Yeah, but

(KotFE spoilers)

the fact that the inquisitor housing a bunch of ghosts hasn't even come up in either SoR or KotFE kind of makes it a moot point.

Yeah I would go with most of what was said here

1) Warrior/Knight - One being Emperors Wrath and one being the one who killed the voice. In fact maybe KoTFE may have been why the Warrior was chosen to be his Wrath as destiny's are intertwined.

2) Inquisitor/Consular - the inquisitor has "experience" with his body being capable of sustaining force ghosts and the Consular already having defeated "his children".

I don't feel having done the 1-9 story once its really that great for none force users, I mean my Bounty Hunter has killed both Jedi and Sith but Arcann is too crazy powerful not to mention Vaylin.

Yeah, but

(KotFE spoilers)

the fact that the inquisitor housing a bunch of ghosts hasn't even come up in either SoR or KotFE kind of makes it a moot point.

Darth Imperious fits the story like a glove, I agree on the Darth Nox back story being ignored though.