The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

Pub side PVPers are already used to dealing with faceroll matches so having someone standing on the side not doing anything is not going to make things that much worse. If you want to sit in the corner throughout the match, more power to you. It is no different than those players that quit the match just because things are not going their way. In both cases, there is a player not contributing. Eh, whatever, the match rolls on. Edited by iacon

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pub side PVPers are already used to dealing with faceroll matches so having someone standing on the side not doing anything is not going to make things that much worse. If you want to sit in the corner throughout the match, more power to you. It is no different than those players that quit the match just because things are not going their way. :rolleyes:

At least I'll get my companion ... though I might come back each week for my conquest rewards ... got quite a few toons to get those on ...

Quite funny trying to see you defend this design choice as to somehow not ruin PVP because what ... it's already ruined and "faceroll"? Nice. ;)

Hi, I'm doing the M1-4X recruitment quest now. Will probably complete it today.

I've been a noticeable drag on every team I've been on because I don't know how to PvP nor do I have the gear for it and the only reason I'm there at all is because I want something in PvE.

I'll bet that this is fun times for all, especially for team mates who like PvP and keep losing because of people like me who don't want to be there.

Hi, I'm doing the M1-4X recruitment quest now. Will probably complete it today.

I've been a noticeable drag on every team I've been on because I don't know how to PvP nor do I have the gear for it and the only reason I'm there at all is because I want something in PvE.

I'll bet that this is fun times for all, especially for team mates who like PvP and keep losing because of people like me who don't want to be there.

Dont worry, people who like competitive pvp that much do premades.

Solo-ques have always had PVErs before expansion too running around clueless, nothing new there.

Dont stress it.

I suppose the real question is: do you want to remain a drag and think it is making your case for removing the requirement or do you want to try and improve? The former is called being an jerk. The latter is good since everyone started at that point.

I suppose the real question is: do you want to remain a drag and think it is making your case for removing the requirement or do you want to try and improve? The former is called being an jerk. The latter is good since everyone started at that point.

I think that I want M1-4X and have no intention of ever PvPing again, and if there was an alternative to PvPing in order to get this companion I would take it.

Sorry, this is probably going to look/sound really mean, and I generally like you and your posts. However, I'm seriously at my limit with this 'forced' nonsense. These companions were obviously redesigned as PvP rewards, they gain influence from continual PvP participation after they are acquired, they stand by the PvP terminals, (even though I wish they didn't because I can't see my pretty cutsomizations on them), the obvious purpose of this is to gte new players, returning players, and players who have never done PvP to try PvP. Making that part optional not onlt defeats the purpose but invalidates all the work that went into it. It will not kill anyone to either a) Play pvp matches for the companions b) skip getting those particular companions. Anymore than it will kill all the people who will never be able to acquire Nico Okarr no matter what they do.

Don't want to PvP? Won't PvP for a companion? That's fine, 100% fine, but you do not need him to progress in the storyline or the alliance system. So you can not acquire this one just like its an optional to kill or not acquire other companions in the alliance system.

Oh no, I'm not taking it that way, especially since you took the time to make sure I understood that you weren't being mean about it. If more people did that, the forums would be a nicer place. :)

I realize, they're trying to get more people into it, because it seems that there aren't enough pvpers to keep the queues going at a reasonable rate. I thought maybe they'd found a way to link the servers so all the pvpers from all the servers could be drawn from, for their matches. But it seems that's not the case, instead they've put companions behind these pvp requirements, and I feel cheated, because I didn't pvp to get the companions in the first place. I got Pierce and Forex from doing the class stories (just like everyone else), so I feel like I should be able to get them back the same way. They might have redesigned the system for them to now be pvp affiliated, but that does in fact take them from me, cause I had them before, and now I don't.

So, in a sense, I am being forced if I want them back. I've pvp'd here before, and I don't enjoy it. I'm not terribly good at it, and my desire to improve goes right out the window whenever I see someone calling someone a terribad and stuff. It hurts the ego, self confidence. This is why I stay away from group content of any sort, be it raids, or pvp. I'm just not up for the abuse, I'm sensitive. :o

The main reason, I don't want this to be encouraged, is what happens, if Bioware thinks this is a smashing idea, and decide to put other companions behind this kind of barrier too? Even if they stuck them behind OPs, it would still be the same effect. There must be a better way to help the pvpers get more action, without making pvers/story people like me, have to do that. I'm willing to work for it, but I'd rather work for it by myself.

S'pose we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

Is this the same as the Pierce quest Imp-side that I just finished? If so I'd like to amend my previous comments to:

*** are you silly muppets complaining about? You get 1,000 (:tran_eek:) WZ comms just for completing it. BW pls add more of these.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Is this the same as the Pierce quest Imp-side that I just finished? If so I'd like to amend my previous comments to:

*** are you silly muppets complaining about? You get 1,000 (:tran_eek:) WZ comms just for completing it. BW pls add more of these.

A million WZ comms is just as useless to me as 1000.. Not exactly a reason for me to PVP.. Just saying.. ;)

Oh no, I'm not taking it that way, especially since you took the time to make sure I understood that you weren't being mean about it. If more people did that, the forums would be a nicer place. :)

I realize, they're trying to get more people into it, because it seems that there aren't enough pvpers to keep the queues going at a reasonable rate. I thought maybe they'd found a way to link the servers so all the pvpers from all the servers could be drawn from, for their matches. But it seems that's not the case, instead they've put companions behind these pvp requirements, and I feel cheated, because I didn't pvp to get the companions in the first place. I got Pierce and Forex from doing the class stories (just like everyone else), so I feel like I should be able to get them back the same way. They might have redesigned the system for them to now be pvp affiliated, but that does in fact take them from me, cause I had them before, and now I don't.

So, in a sense, I am being forced if I want them back. I've pvp'd here before, and I don't enjoy it. I'm not terribly good at it, and my desire to improve goes right out the window whenever I see someone calling someone a terribad and stuff. It hurts the ego, self confidence. This is why I stay away from group content of any sort, be it raids, or pvp. I'm just not up for the abuse, I'm sensitive. :o

The main reason, I don't want this to be encouraged, is what happens, if Bioware thinks this is a smashing idea, and decide to put other companions behind this kind of barrier too? Even if they stuck them behind OPs, it would still be the same effect. There must be a better way to help the pvpers get more action, without making pvers/story people like me, have to do that. I'm willing to work for it, but I'd rather work for it by myself.

S'pose we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

/thread!!!

Well stated!!

Case closed.. :cool:

A million WZ comms is just as useless to me as 1000.. Not exactly a reason for me to PVP.. Just saying.. ;)

I understand exactly what you're saying. I have to point out though the scientifically proven fact that PVP is 8.2 gorillion times > PVE, and any preferences to the contrary are pure heresy.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I queued as tank in full pve gear, full pve spec. We won, and I felt physically sick the entire time. Not sure why I felt sick, but I really want to get 4X. So I figure I'll take it one step at a time. 9 more wins, 18 more losses. Overall an unpleasant experience for me.

It would have been nice if there was a conquest option, as in complete 5 conquests. I might not care much for the conquest system but when given a choice I'd take a 5 week grind over pvp with out so much as a second thought.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

The argument for having "another way for the sensitive players who dont want to do group content because people can be mean and stuff", is problematic in the sense that people who are ok with and want to do group content of this sort are constantly getting their rewards taken from them by players who are upset they cant obtain a reward they way they like playing.

You need to remember its an MMO and theres a million different types of players and its not uncommon for people of different playstyles to have visible rewards on their own for completing content of different kinds.

If you like completing solo PVE content you'll prolly farm all the achievements and titles that nobody who is not interested in them will never gain. A ranked pvp player will get their ranked reward cosmetics to show for their effort and interest in ranked PVP. The fans of old-school on rails space PVE players have titles and gear and reputation of their own to show off their completion of space PVE. NIM operation raiders have their NIM exclusive mounts and pets to show for completing operations on NIM mode.

All these little special rewars for each type of player is important to their base and would be equally upset having to let everyone have their hard work reward go to another faction of players who didnt want to do the original content for said reward. Treat M1 and Pierce like these rewards. As a show for your dedication or completion of cerain kind of content and respect other peoples playstyles and unique rewards.

The argument for having "another way for the sensitive players who dont want to do group content because people can be mean and stuff", is problematic in the sense that people who are ok with and want to do group content of this sort are constantly getting their rewards taken from them by players who are upset they cant obtain a reward they way they like playing..

I think you are confusing sensitive players with the Cartel Market..

Look.. We didn't get our companions by PVP in the first place.. There is no justification to take them away and force anyone to PVP to get them back.. We also didn't have a choice as to who was made available to us to unlock.. I would just assume to have My consular companions, Nadia and company, Senya, and Lana, and be done with it.. I see no need for any others.. Personally.. I am not sure I am liking the number I have now as it is.. I can still only send out 6 companions for crew skills and only have one questing with me.. Theoritcally I only need 7 companions.. What do I need all the other ones for?? I mean I am glad we have choices.. But seriously.. Why should I have to PVP to get a companion??

Edited by MajikMyst

I am a little disappointed by having to be either in this companion’s class or doing PVP. I wish there was an option to do just about anything else instead.

I’ve never done PVP in TOR, and I suspect I’ll be instantly massacred repeatedly. That’s only going to annoy me and people on my side.

So yeah, I’ll just avoid getting this companion I guess. It’s a shame.

I think you are confusing sensitive players with the Cartel Market..

Look.. We didn't get our companions by PVP in the first place.. There is no justification to take them away and force anyone to PVP now...

That is the just the way it is.. ;)

The unique rewards I described are not CM items.

If M1 or Pierce was originally your companion you dont need to pvp to get them back either.

If you want a unique companion reward theres nothing wrong with asking you to work for them in equally unique ways.

I queued as tank in full pve gear, full pve spec. We won, and I felt physically sick the entire time. Not sure why I felt sick, but I really want to get 4X. So I figure I'll take it one step at a time. 9 more wins, 18 more losses. Overall an unpleasant experience for me.

It would have been nice if there was a conquest option, as in complete 5 conquests. I might not care much for the conquest system but when given a choice I'd take a 5 week grind over pvp with out so much as a second thought.

Hush your mouth!

The unique rewards I described are not CM items.

If M1 or Pierce was originally your companion you dont need to pvp to get them back either.

If you want a unique companion reward theres nothing wrong with asking you to work for them in equally unique ways.

I want a companion that was given while doing a class quest.. I shouldn't have to PVP for any companion no matter what class I am..

It is that simple.. :p

Edited by MajikMyst

I want a companion that was given while doing a class quest.. I shouldn't have to PVP for any companion no matter what class I am..

It is that simple.. :p

Why is that exactly?

PVP players should not get any rewards? How is that fair for anyone exactly?

Saying "everything must be pve because thats the way I like it" is pretty selfish you know.

Well, you can turn them into Data Crystals, although the exchange rate's pretty bad. Lord knows that's what I'm going to do.

I haven't been able to bring myself to queue for warzones yet, but if 4.1 comes round with no indication a non-warzone option is coming, well... sorry to my teammates.

The argument for having "another way for the sensitive players who dont want to do group content because people can be mean and stuff", is problematic in the sense that people who are ok with and want to do group content of this sort are constantly getting their rewards taken from them by players who are upset they cant obtain a reward they way they like playing.

You need to remember its an MMO and theres a million different types of players and its not uncommon for people of different playstyles to have visible rewards on their own for completing content of different kinds.

If you like completing solo PVE content you'll prolly farm all the achievements and titles that nobody who is not interested in them will never gain. A ranked pvp player will get their ranked reward cosmetics to show for their effort and interest in ranked PVP. The fans of old-school on rails space PVE players have titles and gear and reputation of their own to show off their completion of space PVE. NIM operation raiders have their NIM exclusive mounts and pets to show for completing operations on NIM mode.

All these little special rewars for each type of player is important to their base and would be equally upset having to let everyone have their hard work reward go to another faction of players who didnt want to do the original content for said reward. Treat M1 and Pierce like these rewards. As a show for your dedication or completion of cerain kind of content and respect other peoples playstyles and unique rewards.

How, exactly, is this a relevant PvP reward?